This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
    At this stage he's only playing club cricket. It's unknown whether Auckland will actually play him - depends on how he goes at Cornwall Park first
    True, but it is definitely something to keep an eye on.
    World Serious Cricket

Comment

Adrian Shankar

It appears that Shankar (who signed for Worcestershire at the start of the month) has now effectively retired: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...re/9497773.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Full Retirement
        Shoaib Akhtar
        Akhtar isn't fully retired. He'll play in the Sri Lankan T20 tourney.
        Last edited by Andy99; 05-26-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Hasn't Lasith Malinga (SL) retired from Test cricket?

Comment

Shahid Afridi (Pak) retired from Test cricket last year (once again) but he was still available for selection in previous versions.

Comment

Apparently Afridi has retired from all international cricket in protest of being stripped of the ODI captaincy... That said, I wonder how long it will last...

Comment

Shahid Afridi retired today from all the 'international' forms of the game.

Edit: Oops. Didn't check-out some one already pointed this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hataf View Post
                  Shahid Afridi retired today from all the 'international' forms of the game.

Edit: Oops. Didn't check-out some one already pointed this out.
                  He retired just to show his protest against the current board setup and will be back soon so there is no point removing him from the game lol

Comment

I doubt hes coming back remove him from the game and maybe address the issue in a patch if he comes back

Comment

Akhtar isn't fully retired. He'll play in the Sri Lankan T20 tourney.
                      Anyone know if he'll be playing in the Pakistan domestic setup next season? If he's still playing domestic cricket I'll just retire him from international formats. But if he's only playing Sri Lankan T20 I'll probably remove him as I don't see him being scooped up by an English side this summer.

Hasn't Lasith Malinga (SL) retired from Test cricket?
                      Yes, thanks.

Afridi - His record on overturning decisions makes it tricky and I wouldn't like to second guess what the PCB will do, he was supposed to be playing for Hants this summer, but that's not happening now. Farcical, really.

As DeadlyVenom says, best bet might be to do an international retirement jobbie on him. If the situation changes, we can change it.

Comment

Sureshot whats the plan for Jayasuria? He says hes coming back for a couple of games only but I have a feeling if hes successful(which he probably won't be) he might stick around for some more perhaps even come into the SLPL

Comment

I would imagine that his playing status can just be amended in a patch depending on what he decides to do.

Comment

It possibly could but it would be different to say the Afridi situation. Im guessing they had already created a player as Afridi with the relevant stats and this makes it easier to remove him now and bring him back later.

Jayasurias been gone for ages so they may not have created him in the game and will have to do it from scratch if he decided to come back. Could be difficult? I dunno how it works it may be quite easy.

Comment

It's not hard for them to create a new player like this from what I know of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
                                Jayasurias been gone for ages so they may not have created him in the game and will have to do it from scratch if he decided to come back. Could be difficult? I dunno how it works it may be quite easy.
                                Don't see that being a problem as he was in last years game. He played in the ICC World T20 and in the English County season. He made the provisional squad for the ICC World Cup so it's not like he's been missing for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X