This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morgieb View Post
    Seriously? What will he play now? Don't you mean limited overs cricket?
    Thanks for pulling me up on that, messed it up somehow -.-

Originally posted by Me/how I should have said it
    Ooh, one I mentioned but isn't in the 10.2 patch, Corey Collymore (now Middlesex) is retired from EVERYTHING BUT FC

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
      I was under the impression he was retiring from ODIs as well not just giving up the captaincy.

http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-201...ement-decision

http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-201...world-cup-2011

"The result means Smith ends his captaincy of the one-day team without adding the ICC silverware South Africa craves. He will retire from limited-overs internationals altogether"
      Yup, there're so many articles about him "retiring from ODIs" as opposed to "retiring from ODI captaincy"; even the day before SA-NZ game, I'd seen articles about it possibly being the "last ODI" as opposed "last ODI as captain" for either Vettori or Smith. I guess only Smith himself would know the real answer.

Comment

Irish spinner Regan West has retired due to a serious injury. In the 2010 game he was falsely noted down as a pace bowler.

Comment

Again, thanks all. With regards to Smith I was just a bit surprised (the articles I had seen suggested he was just dropping the captaincy) as he is pretty young still.

Damien Wright - We can just not give him an Australian team. So no issue there.

Comment

Right, added the news of Strauss and Andre Botha. I've also under-lined for our own reference, so don't worry about that!

It's also worth noting that players who are returning, for example, Graham Onions didn't play at all last year, if there are other players like him, be it returning through injury or just playing again, can you please tell us. I'll update the OP with a players returning section.

Again, thanks. Makes our work a lot easier.

Comment

Oh dear... scrap what I said about Collymore, he's unretired now from the one dayers -.- http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ch/492267.html

Comment

Thanks. Added to the OP and the retirement of Sidebottom from internationals.

Comment

In terms of players returning, would this count for Simon Guy --- Guy on standby for depleted Yorkshire
                  Last edited by Yorks; 05-17-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Tasmanian Adam Griffith has retired from all forms of cricket: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australi...tml?CMP=chrome

Comment

Stuart Clark has pretty much retired from cricket to take on his new administrative role with the Sydney Sixers.
                      World Serious Cricket

Comment

Griffith removed, Guy added back in for Yorkshire.

Bit unsure with Clark, as he's a sort of backup. But there's quite a lot do with Australia for this version anyway, so we'll sort that out a bit later after discussion, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                          Griffith removed, Guy added back in for Yorkshire.

Bit unsure with Clark, as he's a sort of backup. But there's quite a lot do with Australia for this version anyway, so we'll sort that out a bit later after discussion, etc.
                          Yeah, I am kinda wondering what Clark and/or NSW will decide is enough of an "emergency" for him to be selected to play. He might just be leaving his options open, in case things don't work out for him with the Sixers.
                          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Martin Crowe comes out of retirement.
                            World Serious Cricket

Comment

At this stage he's only playing club cricket. It's unknown whether Auckland will actually play him - depends on how he goes at Cornwall Park first

Comment

Warne is retiring from t20 cricket. It isn't listed so I thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Working...
                                X