Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tendulkar has been retired from International t20 for a while now.

Comment

Lee Carseldine has announced his retirement from FC cricket. The article was not clear on whether he intends to continue with one-dayers.

Live cricket coverage, live streaming, cricket highlights, live scores, breaking news, video, analysis and expert opinion.

Comment

Sangakarra has retired from test and odi captaincy. Not sure if he's officially retiring from them though.

Kumar Sangakkara has stepped down as captain of Sri Lanka's ODI and T20 teams but has offered to continue as the Test captain on an interim basis

Also a few South Africans have been dropped/retired:

Jon Kent and Yusuf Abdulla will not be retained by the Dolphins franchise while the Titans' Blake Snijman had retired from the game
        Last edited by ab5ides1; 04-05-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Sangakkara's still playing those formats, just not as captain

Comment

The 2 South African players was only dropped by the provincial team and will have to get a new side to play for.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
              Sangakkara's still playing those formats, just not as captain
              Ok, thanks for confirming that. It'll be interesting to see who is chosen to replace him.

Comment

I'm quite surprised that noone has mentioned Graeme Smith, I think he's already given up T20Is & he'd already declared before the World Cup that he'd be giving up ODIs even if they win it, not sure if he'd still be playing the provincial ODs though.

If I'm not mistaken, even Daniel Vettori has also given up ODIs along with T20Is.

Tendulkar mightn't play another T20I but frankly, I'm yet to see him actually say that he has retired from T20Is so I'm not sure which way it should be.
                Last edited by enigma; 04-07-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Daniel Vettori has not decided whether he will give up ODIs yet.

Comment

You're right, I just looked it up & he seems ambivalent & has said that he'll make his decision by the time NZ play their next ODI, which is several months away.

Comment

Ben Edmondson has announced his retirement.
                      David Hemp I think has retired

Comment

Originally posted by Cymro View Post
                        Ben Edmondson has announced his retirement.
                        David Hemp I think has retired
                        Hemp is still playing for Bermuda.

Comment

Originally posted by enigma View Post
                          You're right, I just looked it up & he seems ambivalent & has said that he'll make his decision by the time NZ play their next ODI, which is several months away.
                          Well, we can decide a bit nearer the time.

Thanks for all the input guys. Really appreciated.

Graeme Smith is just giving up the captaincy - http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cric...ry/508174.html

My impression of Carseldine link is that he is only playing T20. With the Franchise system they have next year, which is going to be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                            Graeme Smith is just giving up the captaincy - http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cric...ry/508174.html
                            I was under the impression he was retiring from ODIs as well not just giving up the captaincy.

http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-201...ement-decision

http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-201...world-cup-2011

"The result means Smith ends his captaincy of the one-day team without adding the ICC silverware South Africa craves. He will retire from limited-overs internationals altogether"

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                              Ooh, one I mentioned but isn't in the 10.2 patch, Corey Collymore (now Middlesex) is retired from FC
                              Seriously? What will he play now? Don't you mean limited overs cricket?

Comment

Also, Wright's pulled the plug on Australian FC cricket, but he's got a short term deal for Worcestershire. Maybe automatically make him retire at the end of a season?

Comment

Working...
                                X