No announcement yet.

Disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i am so glad that the people who run it can at least take the bloody criticism ,not! Cricket Coach is so much better, I reckon that it is so much bloody better they should do the money back guarentee thing! If you don't have a big wallet, then pull out of the advertisement on stick cricket! Cricket Coach, no matter how big or small the budget is, actually make big changes. That is the Football Manager of cricket now, it aggrivates me how much better Cricket Coach still is and ICC still don't do anything, and they are rude aswell. Absurd, I will never ever buy ICC again.

Comment

I refute any suggestions we are rude, in fact we've explained more than most devs do and are constantly open to suggestions.

I also don't see the business logic in pulling out of advertisements.

Comment

Sorry, I really am, I overstepped the mark there. I at least buy the game every year though, and apart from a few database changes, I can't see the difference between last year and this year. Would you mind telling me what the changes are.
        Sorry and thanks,
        Matty

Comment

Australian domestic league for one thing. I would consider that a huge change, though visually not much else appears to have changed. I would guess there would be refinements to the game engine, better management of contracts, player retirements, youth creation and that sort.

The reason why this is better than CC is that it is much much more realistic. You get a lot of really strange results in CC.

Comment

CC is a bit like fantasy or fairy tail and i don't want ICC to be like that but atleast some improvements should be done regardless of the fact they those changes do take place in real life or not ....i.e offering a contract to the player of an other county or asking any of the foreign player to play for your club this season....

Comment

I think the Cricket Captain admins are great. They always communicate with us, and even let us contribute to their decision making in regards to the game. Also they allow us to help with the database errors (even if they aren't 100 percent perfect).

I must say as a customer, i am nothing short of thankful for the ammount of time and effort the ICC admins put into customer service. Good work guys.

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
                Hmmmm.....got a spare couple million pounds to lend them, so they can perhaps challenge up to 40% of Football Manager's budget?
                Nothing significant can be done without money and time to produce. If ICC had the budget even close to something like Football Manager, I too, as well as the rest of the ICC world, would expect the drastic improvements that you demand.

It needs to be understood that the budget restrics the developments that can be made.
                There is no doubt the game is very good for the budget they work on, and there is also no doubt it can be much better, but for the majority of it, without the mega-fundings of the likes of Football Manager, EA, Codemasters, etc., we are never going to see the dramatic improvements that you and many others command. It's something that needs to be realised, accepted and acknowledged when judging new releases.
                God I get tired of all the bleeding heart, suck-up wannabes like you on here - saying like 'ohh they are just a small little company'. Yeah? Boo hooo hoooo. They are a for-profit entity and therefore WILL be assessed on the quality, or lack thereof, of their game. Creating a stats engine that records more statistics can be done in MS Excel, that's not 40million pounds now is it?

They change the colour of a background, add strike rates (batting only mind you) and expect we'll be happy to fork out $25 (I'm Aust) each year. If anyone says 'don't buy it then' you have missed the point, and are defending them needlessly, as someone who has been playing this for over a decade I'll buy it no matter what, and if they keep ignoring ALL the fan requests to implement simple, inexpensive statistic engines to record more stats, then I'll whine about it EVERY TIME. That's the point of forums, to get opinions, not to kiss-up to the administrators in the desperate and misguided hope of getting a free version or having them 'thank' you (oooh look out he was thanked by some bored ICC admin, woot how amazing). It's the worst version yet, and a couple of simple Excel Spreadsheet codes could improve it by 20, and a removal of the ridiculously exaggerated and unrealistic catch-up mode would do wonders.

THe whining will never end until the game is fixed properly, as a paying customer I'm entitled to have my gripe about this as often as I like.

Comment

I don't think any member of the team has an issue with criticism, we know the game has its flaws. We only ask for any criticism to be constructive, constructive criticism is helpful to the cause, we're thick skinned enough to realise not everyone will be happy with everything we do, but I'll also explain where I can why we do things as we do, because I think being open to all of you is the best way to create a community that can give solid feedback to take the game forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquifier View Post
                    a couple of simple Excel Spreadsheet codes could improve it by 20
                    I couldn't agree more with this. Doing the stats for my own club, it took a long morning it come up with an Uber stats system on EXCEL. I even implemented the new MVP system that the EWCC and ICC have come up with (when that catches on in cricket - expect the stats side to change forever)

It keeps stats forever. it manages to keep run rate forever as well (never quite understood why this was so difficult for ICC to achieve) DOes run rates for bowling as well as batting and (if only the scored would keep a note during play) can do things like "Out's V left hand bowler" and "Out's V Right Hand Bowler" same for runs, boundaries etc etc.

If I was brave enough to catagorize bowlers by speed I would also be able to implement "Outs versus medium" "Ous Versus fast" etc etc.

However, every bowler above trundler level gets fidgety when I call them a medium pacer, so I don't do that

End of the season - when the final stats are produced, everyone wants a copy - and now - in the middle of November I'm still getting textx saying

"I can't believe XXXX was out so often for under 10 runs and still had an average of 50 at the end of the season"

Stats paint the picture of the season. Once the season is over they ARE the seaon.

and a removal of the ridiculously exaggerated and unrealistic catch-up mode would do wonders.
                    Man this annoys me to. It works both ways but saving a game in the fourth innings by batting for 9 hours for only 4 wickets down on a screaming turner with uneven bounce against quality bowling happens too often to be funny.

It's more annoying in OD cricket, but it's at it's most exagerated in test matches. I have had three games in a row where a side has scored 450+ to save a game on a terrible pitch (i've posted some of these screenshots here before to show it)

Scritty
                    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Can you please share this template with us?

Comment

I am hopeful that you aren't implying my criticism isn't constructive, as whilst it has a negative slant upon it, the points I raise are very much constructive in that they'll fix the game significantly.

So thanks for acknowleding and being thick-skinned about it - as I've said I'll buy this game every year, and have done since it was first created.

So I beg of you - MORE STATS and MORE ACCURATE STATS (bowling s/rates, better catches per match for keepers, less LBW's, improved partnership records [individual contributions, ball counts], partnership records for One Day and t20, series stats [world cup most runs, wickets etc, Ashes, anything], better translation between 2nd team and FC abilities).

Don't waste any more time on graphics, they are sufficient and nobody cares about them half as much as the statistics.

C'mon guys - STAT US UP

Comment

The stats improvement has been noted, and we've been brainstorming on it. I won't make promises on what we will include, only that the ideas we have for stats are looking promising. Rest assured, you aren't being ignored on the stats front.

At this stage, it's really hard to not say what we are thinking of, because it'd be wrong for me to say we are doing x, y and z, only to have something affect one of them, etc, as a gamer I know too well how frustrating it can be for features to be dropped from a game.

Again, "catch-up code" has been noted as has fielding presets (which the code is far more complicated than you'd think). Though I'm not finding this LBW issue discussed elsewhere, but we'll look at it and other solutions of ensuring the match engine gives as good results as it can.

Comment

After every year there should be year award system

Just as ICC gives
                            After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                            Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                            X