This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digitaldisciple View Post
    downloaded trial using version 9.12; purchased game through the web; used activation code given; however, game does not load, only loads back to trial screen with options to activate a license, or purchase game.

used re-install license option, then got message saying license had already been registered.

shouldn't game just load normally since i purchased title and used proper activation code?
    E-mail softwrap with your account details and purchase reference and they will add more licenses to your account
    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Bought the game yesterday. Installed it and got the error Could not get caps for device. It ran the trial ok.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDevil666 View Post
        Bought the game yesterday. Installed it and got the error Could not get caps for device. It ran the trial ok.
        What kind of specs have you got/What system are you trying to play on?

Comment

Not sure how to check system specs but am playing on xp pro.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDevil666 View Post
            Not sure how to check system specs but am playing on xp pro.
            I'm pretty sure it'll be something like Control Panel -> System -> Hardware or maybe just Control Panel>System.

Comment

It has 2.80 GHZ and 512 mb of ram. That's all i can find.

Comment

Start > Run > DXDIAG then press enter. It will tell you everything about the computer.

DirectX information you need to check regarding the Graphics card is as follows.

-To check the Driver of the Graphics Card, click on the Display Tab at the top of the screen, look in the Driver details section on the right hand side and check that the Main Driver: information does not read vga.dll.

-Look in the Device section on the left had side and check that you have information regarding your Graphics Card in the following fields.

1.Name: ( this should display the make and name of the Graphics card option you have installed )
                2.Approx Total Memory: (This should display the amount of memory that you Graphics option has to utilize) this should read 64MB or higher.

If there is no information in the Name: or Approx Total Memory: fields and the driver name is vga.dll then you will need to obtain information about you Graphics Option ( from your PC specification or manufacturer ) and install the latest driver for that option from the PC manufacturers website or the Graphics Chipset Manufacturers website.

Strange that it ran the trial, but giving the could not get caps device for the full game. Let me know what your system specs are from the DXDIAG report. If you don't want to manually search for the driver (although it is easy once you've done the DXDIAG tool), you can use RadarSync, which is a free tool which will check your computer for out of date drivers and tell you what isn't up to date.
                Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

there are FAR TOO MANY retired hurts,i played the ashes and both ponting and clarke were announced hurt in the same test,theres a guaranteed retired hurt every tour
                  Last edited by shawndx; 08-16-2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndx View Post
                    there are FAR TOO MANY retired hurts,i played the ashes and both ponting and clarke were terited hurt in the same test,theres a guaranteed retired hurt every tour
                    I've only had two retired hurts in over three seasons.

Comment

there are FAR TOO MANY retired hurts,i played the ashes and both ponting and clarke were terited hurt in the same test,theres a guaranteed retired hurt every tour
                      I've played two county seasons i full and had one player total retire hurt (from the opposition luckily). Might be bad luck, or I've had good luck I guess.

Comment

What were their fitness levels at? I tend to notice, that if a player's fitness level is less than half, his potential to get injured increases quite significantly.

Which makes sense, for both bowlers and batsman when you think about it.
                        The key is to keep your players as fit as possible, if you don't have enough physio sessions, maybe try resting a player from a game or a couple of OD's to gain fitness.
                        The Cult Of Personality

Comment

When a player scores a number of wickets without going for any runs, it does not show up in the bowling form as in this example.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
                            What were their fitness levels at? I tend to notice, that if a player's fitness level is less than half, his potential to get injured increases quite significantly.

Which makes sense, for both bowlers and batsman when you think about it.
                            The key is to keep your players as fit as possible, if you don't have enough physio sessions, maybe try resting a player from a game or a couple of OD's to gain fitness.
                            the retired hurts were from the opposition,i've had at least 2 retired hurts in every test series lol,very annoying as i dont feel as if i actually won the game,i only have to take 9 wickets

Comment

the retired hurts were from the opposition,i've had at least 2 retired hurts in every test series lol,very annoying as i dont feel as if i actually won the game,i only have to take 9 wickets
                              It comes down to fitness levels of each team. If a player has very low or no fitness bars, his chances of getting injured are greatly increased. Perhaps your opposition were in this position.

I think it also has to do with the aggression of your bowlers. An aggressive fast bowler, I find, is more likely to injure a batsman,than a defensive one.
                              The Cult Of Personality

Comment

there has been a total of 5 retired hurt batsmen in the 5 test ashes,KP,Flintoff,Marcus North,Michael Clarke and Strauss,my bowling aggression was normal,i didnt bowl many short pitched bouncers and these injuries happened in the first 3 tests

Comment

Working...
                                X