International cricket captain 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International cricket captain 2010

Let us talk about ICC 2010 in this thread. Let us make ICC 2010 the best ever ICC version. Tell us what do you want or what do you not want in ICC 2010 ?

Let us promise to make ICC 2010 the finest, the best and the most enjoyable game ever. Give your views, suggestions and every input you can give.

In icc 10 i would want a complete overhaul and improved gameplay features such as :-

-IPL
    -the champions league
    -maybe even a 2012 Olympics cricket cup
    -to be able to create your series such as triangular tournaments
    -much more in-depth stats
    -more focus on associate teams i.e-ireland and holland
    -Under 19 World Cups and Series
    -maybe even a womens cricket part of the game
    -a more detailed coach and physio section,it is very dated and rather pointless,there
    needs to be more emphasis on the team coaching
    -player morales i.e. Andrew Strauss Morale-82 % Morale could increase or decrease by a series win or defeat,morale would improve considerably if a team wins a major cup and if the players batting/bowling form is bad then the morale rating should be at least 60 % or less,there could also be a total team morale section and by adding up and dividing the 11 guys confidence rating

I might be asking for a lot but since 2010 is a start of a new decade,we need a new era in ICC and since Childish Things are now more independent they have a chance to make history and totally change the rather dated game to 1 kick-ass 2010 edition with more flexibility,all us ICC fans are tired of hearing that various ideas are 'in the pipeline' CMON lads you can do it !
    Last edited by shawndx; 07-02-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

ill say a old one but australian state cricket

Comment

Let us get 2009 out first

There'll be a 2010 sub-forum a couple of months after 2009 has been released.

Comment

Sureshot, Agreed

Comment

For the ICC 2010 version

- More competitive leagues from the test playing nations

- IPL

- Licensing for player faces and Club kits and sponsors within the game (even if this meant the game was £40)

- Minor nations included as well as their competitions

- Better training system for players even if it meant that skills where given names or numbers (like Football Manager for example)

- Better user interface as the font and screen styles are fairly poor and basic

Those are just a few things I reckon would improve the game

Comment

Although this game has been released for next year if the game could get the Domestic Leagues of Australia, New Zealand and possibly India it would significantly improve the amounts of number buying this game.

The game needs to introduce something akin to a Board of Directors at what every County your at whom give you certain criteria to meet such as win league finish higher than a certain position ect.

Something more related to off the field content with perhaps Morale which could affect players morale which would relate to the amount of games they play and how the clubs going in general.

There should be some sort of "Youth" league in which youth team players can play in and related to this there could be an Under 19 side for every county which play in this league.

Although it isn't strictly a captain's job you should be able to on international level have some sort of say of how many games are played in a tour because later on some teams will progressively become worst and other better but you still only play the amount that they played on tour in real life the last time.

Bowlers should be able to progress in terms of pace as they grow and then fade. Bowlers can start off at RFM quicken up to RMF during their prime before fading again back to RFM and if they play for until they are really quite old say 35 drop to even RM.

An area of the game that should be improved is the AI's use of Allrounders they just don't on a whole get bowled enough or picked enough.

We should be able to pick centrally contracted players and choose to rest them.

I know there's quite a bit there but if a few of these could be added it would improve the game somewhat.

Comment

Id like to see some of the following amendments:

1. Graphics - if they cant be bettered / smoothened out then they should revert to the old graphics, i kinda liked it better then... right now, boundaries appear too small, spinners take way too much time to come to the popping crease and bowl.... batsman shots sometimes look odd... run outs only happening via direct hits...

2. Intro of other tournaments - i think someone mentioned this right at the top.

3. If captaining an international side, maybe the option of inviting teams for series rather than having the same old calendar...

4. Additional attributes for players i.e. preferred fielding position, fielding stats etc...

5. A toggle / option to advise the batsman to hit arial shots as much as possible... Same thing for bowlers, maybe i want to keep bouncing a tailender.. or keep yorking him....

6. what about morale, players left out of the squad or not performing - reduction in morale (not form)...

7. rain in ODI's and the D/L system... havent seen this so far...

8. A little more detail i.e. pitch deterioration after rain or on the fourth day of a test match....

9. The ability to host an online tournament or league with your friends and other gamers... Kinda have to do it manually right now :P

10. Recruiting scouts and sending them to different parts of the country to scout youth players...

11. Intro of tournaments like the super series.... i.e. the world cup winners face off the rest of the world in a 3 match odi series...

Comment

Graphics:

Improve the game play graphics...have a look on youtube for batters looking like donkeys after being yorked and things like that. Shouldnt really be that hard to do?

Also, lets see the bowlers and fielders enjoying a wicket being taken, especially if its one of your best players (again, surely not that hard to code in to the game aye?).

Anyway, these improvements would improve overall game play I reckon.

Database:

Mate...make this useful! As you would only be trawling through a database, surely it cant be that hard to make that database searchable along the lines of what we have over at cricinfo.com?

Otherwise, bring on the 2010 forum!

Mailman

Comment

Make retired hurt less common.

Comment

Originally posted by goldfan View Post
                      Make retired hurt less common.
                      With retired hurt, I'd like to see the batsmen, on some occasions, able to continue batting, or coming in at a later stage in the innings, or maybe be able to bat in the 2nd innings. I'm sure this can be incorporated into ICC2010
                      The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Well there are lots of suggestions made already and i agree with almost all of those suggestions...the one i want to make is

-There should be something like this that when we give technique coaching to a Youth player like Defensive shots....there should be a suggestion or recommendation that how many days it will take .... like 50days or 40 ..or watever...

Comment

More leagues.
                          Australia state league and West Indies.
                          Also being able to control your youth academy/team and select when to promote them to the first team.
                          Last edited by Andy99; 08-13-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Retired hurt is a big plus in this game and i hope it stays
                            This is the first ICC game i have played and thought it was a success

Maybe for the 2010
                            -IPL (defiantly have to have it)
                            -More rain in ODIs
                            -Maybe some skills- example Ricky Ponting 90% offside batting
                            -Include other state cricket not just county from England
                            -Some players get overrated some sort of underate them a bit

Any more ideas

Comment

Originally posted by hazzac View Post
                              Retired hurt is a big plus in this game and i hope it stays
                              This is the first ICC game i have played and thought it was a success

Maybe for the 2010
                              -IPL (defiantly have to have it)
                              -More rain in ODIs
                              -Maybe some skills- example Ricky Ponting 90% offside batting
                              -Include other state cricket not just county from England
                              -Some players get overrated some sort of underate them a bit

Any more ideas
                              IPL I think will be very difficult to implement, mainly because of corporate copyright issues. (ie. Use of team names etc.) Also, the engine to create a draft system, whilst do-able, may be a little too complex to be done in one year. Maybe a gradual introduction of it, although personally, 20/20 is overrated and won't last the journey, so I wouldn't be worrying too much about the franchise leagues that are only set up to make money and not play cricket.

Rain in ODI's I think is non-existent because once again legal issues with using D/L method. Also incorporating it into the game would be greatly difficult, so I wouldn't be pushing for it so much.

The skills are hidden behind the database, and as coach, you need to identify who is strong where and train/play for that. Having these facts statistically available may be good, but it may reduce the concept of the game somewhat, which is its unlimited gameplay.

I believe they are trying to introduce the Australian domestic (or looking to at least) into 2010, but once more, there are a few legal issues to get around.

The player ratings are just another intricacy of the game. Some players will be better than expected and vice versa. A lot of people have said J Clare from Derby has been too good, but for me, he hasn't done much at all in any save I've played, so it does vary from save to save, but not by too much
                              The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Working...
                              X