Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macca View Post
    Where can I find this? Would be helpful to be able to utilise this. :P
    First of all welcome you in ICC forums bcz I think you registered yesterday so I hope you will enjoy it. Regarding ICC Scout, you can search it out on cricket planet and u can also leave me ur email address in my private messages and I ll send you ICC Scout and will let you know how to use it.
    Also thanks for ur interest in this thread.
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Just_2_words_for_u

This time I was challenged by JUST_2_WORDS_FOR_U, to play a ladder T20 match. This guy was experienced in online play and had a very good side.He had played 54 matches and won 33 out of those 54 and currently ranked 43rd in online players list.
      Here is the detail of his and my teams:

He won the toss on bowling friendly pitch and elected to bowl first which was a right decision.He looks to be in 2022-2030 season and the proof of that is detail of his one bowler profile which is as below:

Some other players however had ODI Debuts in 2027.
      He bowled really well and I hardly managed to get 149 in 20 overs for the loss of 7 wickets and only A Flicker managed to score 73 runs.While I was coping the screen of his bowling figures, the game encountered a problem and was over without any result.Here is the bowling card of his team against mine:

I personally feel sorry bcz I think my score was not enough for his team and he could win the match but encountering problems in the game is some thing that happens while u play online and that does not mean that person u r playing against has aborted the game himself bcz no one can do that.
      So here is the thing that if ur game aborts while u r playing online saying that GAME ENCOUNTERED PROBLEM then its some thing that happens and its not a cheat
      Last edited by habib; 12-27-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Naughty_sinner-!x

My next match was ladder one day match against NAUGHTY_SINNER-!X. This guy looked new and had played only 2 matches with 100% win record.
        But when I started the match, I realized that I have played against him before. And I was right because his team was just same as OLD-SPINNER's team.I was happy to have a strong opponent and it gave me a chance to look into his team in more detail.
        He had a very balanced side. P Hughes was his top batsmen with 2477 batting points. But other batsmen like Edmond, Petersen,Barath,Robson and Young were all above 1600 batting points.Batting was even more strengthened by the wicket keeper, Jim Hurst, who had the batting points of 1566.And allrounder,Hitchcock with 1465 batting points was very useful at the bottom.
        In bowling Slater, Woakes,Harris,Hitcock were below 500 points and Madusanka was having 602 bowling points.
        All this information was obtained through ICC Scout which can be downloaded from Cricket Planet.
        Anyways here is the detail of his and my teams that played this match:

here u can see that his all side is same as in my match against OLD-SPINNER and only one opener is changed.
        I won the toss and decided to bat first because I thought that this pitch will become more harder to bat on with the passage of time because of cloudy condition in the second half of the match.
        He bowled really well and I hardly managed to get a total of 221 in 50 overs and my all team was bowled out. His allrounder,Hitchcock,was most dangerous for me and he finished with5/35.
        I took a big risk of opening my bowling with a part time spin bowler, B Smith ,bcz I had seen that this pitch was supporting spinners more than seamers and I was playing with only one genuine spinner.
        This risk worked bcz he took a big wicket of P Hughes and was also economical.M Downes ripped the middle order and finished with figures of 4/46(His 1st 2 overs cost 23 runs).This helped me to bowl out his team in 46th over at a total of 183.
        Here is the bowling card of my team:

His team batted well at the start but things changed in my way when he gambled to play aggressively and for that he promoted his bowlers up in the batting order.Here is the detail of his batting card:

And at the end here is the final score card of the match, which I won by 38 runs but after a real hard time:

SO,
        OLD-SPINNER and NAUGHTY_SINNER-!X are same teams and strong opponents.
        Last edited by habib; 12-28-2009, 04:39 AM.

Comment

tripin

My next match was again a ladder T20 match against a guy having ID named tripin.He had played 18 matches with a record of 8 wins and 10 loses.
          His team looked strong but when I started the match, I came to know that he is in 2009 season only.Here is the detail of his and my teams they played the match:

He won the toss and decided to bat first on bowlers friendly pitch.He was unstopable for first three over in which he hit me for 36 runs for the loss of only one wicket.Then I used my part time spinner B Smith and he took took wicket in his very first over, Brownlow did the remaining job by grabbing 3 quick wickets and as a result I was able to bowl him out at a score of 116 in 20th over.
          B Smith took 3/22 , Bronlow took3/34 and Sutherland took2/19.Here is screen shot of my bowling card.

When I started batting, I realized that this pitch was really hard to bat on, but when I realized that I already had lost A Flicker and D Bollinger at a score of only 10.Then B Smith and E Miller batted responsibly and achieved the target in 17 overs with Smith not out on 60 and Miller not out on 48.
          Here is the detail of my batting card:

I won the match with 8 wickets and 18 balls in spare.B Smith was man of the match for his magnificient all around performance.Here is the final score card of both teams:

The lesson I learnt from the match was that T20 is not always about playing aggressively bcz some times u have to play at normal mode depending on the conditions
          Last edited by habib; 12-28-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Abhani

Just after my match with tripin,I was challenged by Abhani who had 80 % win record by winning 4 matches out of 5 that he had played.I accepted his challenge and we decided on playing T20 ladder match.
            His team was looking avg. and for that reason I gave chance to some youngsters to prove their skills.
            Here is the detail of teams:

He won the toss and invited me to bat first.Its was cloudy weather and I thoughy 150 will be enough bcz in the 2nd session the condition were more cloudy and supportive for bowlers.
            A Flicker continued his bad form and was bowled by Arif in the 1st over, then I promoted youngster C Hancock and he batted beautifully along with inform B Smith.Both remained not out with 83 and 66 respectively and that helped me to put a difficult target of 156.Here is my batting score card:

My seamers started things in a great fashion and he was 4/20 in the 4th over when the opponent disconnected may be due to his net problems or some other reasons.
            I dont say that he disconnected deliberately bcz most of us have internet speed problems and we do disconnect but I just wanna say that if someone disconnects then he loses more than double of the points than he would if he lose the match.
            Last edited by habib; 12-28-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Need to play few more seasons to find new batsmen

I have not played much online games since last few days bcz I am trying to play few more seasons and find new young batsmen with better batting abilities.
              Meanwhile I will keep on playing one or two games online daily to keep my story going.

Comment

nurtanaya

I was challenged by nurtanaya to play a friendly one day match.He had notplayed any online game and that is why I accepted his challenge to play a friendly game.
                He was in season 2009 and was playing as Hampshire's captain.
                Looking at his team I gave chance to new opener and two new middle order batsmen and two young seamers to prove their abilities.
                Here is the deatil of his and my teams:

I won the toss and elected to bowl first under cloudy condition.I opened the bowling with my experienced bowler Brownlow and new pacer M Spence to have a right and left hand combination.Spence bowled extremely well to take 2 wickets in his first 5 overs. Then Sutherland, another experienced bowler in my side,did something incredible.He took 5 wickets for just six runs and this included a hatrick.New pacer Hodgson's 2 wickets sinked my opponent and he was bowled out only in the 19th over with just 53 runs on the board.
                Here is my bowling and my opponent's batting cards:

The target was not big and I achieved it in 16 overs for the loss of just one wicket.Here is the final score card:
                Last edited by habib; 12-29-2009, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Suthereland's hatrick against nurtanaya

here I also wanna share with u the screen shot of 15th over, of my previous match, in which Sutherland did a hatrick.So here it is:

Comment

T20king

My next match was a ladder T20 match and it was against T20king who was a new guy and had not played any game.He was in season 2009 and was playing with Nottinghamshire as his team.
                    The pitch was very helpful for seamers and cloudy weather was one more sign of bowling friendly pitch.I wanted 2 play with four seamers but decided to play with 3 front line seamers and one spinner.
                    Here is the detail of both teams:

I won the toss and decided to bowl first.He played all 20 overs and managed to get a total of 104/7.Brownlow,Downes and Woodworth took 2 wickets each and C Read was the top scorer with 31 runs.Here is the screen shot of his batting and my bowling card:

The total was very reasonable looking at the condition but I easily managed to get it in 19th over with the loss of just 2 wickets.C Woodworth was top scorer with 46* and was also man of the match due to his all arounf performance.
                    Here is the final score card of both teams:
                    Last edited by habib; 12-29-2009, 07:58 AM.

Comment

DLXl

My next(10th)match was again a friendly match and against a vey experienced online team DLXl.He has played 88 matches and have won 49 while lost 36.His rank is low bcz of 7 disconnections.I was trying to challenge this from many days but he always refused to play and today he challenged me for a friendly match with I accepted.
                      Here is the detail of both teams who played this friendly T20 match:

He was probably in 2010-2012 season bcz he has one youngster V Jagger who started his career in 2010 and also he had so many all rounders in his team so it might have taken few seasons to pick up those all rounders.
                      The pitch was more batting friendly and I choose to play with two experienced spinners and two experienced seamers.
                      He won the toss and elected to bat first.He managed to get a total of 116/9 with d Smith and L Wright the only prominent batsmen with 27 and 28* runs respectively.
                      Shane warne was pick of the bowlers with 3/24 while Brownlow and I Flynn claimed 2 wickets each.
                      Here is the screen shot of his batting and my bowling card:

It was not a big target as pitch was more suitable for batting but even then I started playing normal to have more wicket in hand.My openers started things well until Flicker was run out and then D Smith took two quick wickets to put more pressure.But B Smith and F Jublian did well to get the target in 16th over with 7 wickets in hand.Both remained unbeaten at 52 and 27 respectively.
                      Here is the score card of my batting and my opponent's bowling:

B Smith was man of the match with allround performance of scoring an unbeaten fifty and taking one wicket.
                      Here is the final score card:

This completes my 10 online matches with 100% win record but mainly bcz I played mostly against 2009 season teams.Out of these 10 matches 3 were friendly and I think its more fun to play friendly matches than ladder matches.Currently I am ranked 24th.
                      Last edited by habib; 12-29-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Masterson

My next match was again a friendly T20 match, I am kind of loving friendly matches now.I was challenged by Masterson and I accepted it with an open heart.
                        He was ranked 103,has played 28 matches with 21 wins and 7 lost and again 3 disconnections had lowered his ranking.
                        The pitch was supporting spinners more than pacers so I decided to play with my two experienced spinners(one off break and other leggie) and two seamers.Here is the detail of both teams:

He was in season 2028-2035 bcz one of his players Frank Eden started his ODI career in 2028.Here is the screen shot of that.

Anyways he won the toss and decided to bwl first.My openers did well by scoreing 38 runs each and then Bollinger and Jublian did well to post a total of 178/3.Both Bollinger and Jublian remain not out at 56 and 43 respectively.Only W Franklin was a successful bowler by claiming 2/37.
                        Here is the screen shot of my batting and his bowling cards:

I think it was a huge total looking at the cloudy conditions and spin available in the pitch for spinners.Brownlow made things even difficult by taking 2 wickets in very first over.But then Flavin and Bolland started building a partnership and things became impossible when I Flynn took 3 wickets in one over(14th).He batted through all 20 over and managed to score a total of 104/9.I Flynn was pick of the bowlers with figures of 4/15.I won the match with 74 runs.Here is the detail of his batting and my bowling:
                        Last edited by habib; 12-29-2009, 05:31 PM.

Comment

dangerousdurham

For my next match I was challenged by dangerousdurham to play a friendly T20 match.Here is the detail of both teams that played the match:

The pitch was supportive for spinners and conditions were cloudy.So I decided to play with two spinners,Stewart was given a chance after 3 matches and rest of the side was same as in previous match.
                          I won the toss and elected to bowl first.M Downes was on fire and he removed for top order batsmen in his opening spell of 4 overs.Rest of the job was completed by leg spinner Stewart by taking 4/11.Only two of his batsmen could go in double figures and top scorer was P Mustard with 32 runs.All team was out in 16th over for a small total of 68.Here is the screenshots of his batting and my bowling cards:

Thinking of a small total, I tried to play aggressively but Onion pushed me back with 3 quick wickets.I achieve the target in 13 overs and Onion was just superb with 3/17 in his spell.Bollinger made 18, Miller and Jublian remained not out on 17 and 24 respectively.M Downes was man of the match due his firework to remove top order batsmen.Here is the final score card of both teams:
                          Last edited by habib; 12-29-2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Dragonballz

I was challenged by DRAGONBALLZ to play a friendly T20 match.He had played 23 online matches and was on 26th rank with 15 won and 8 losts. Here is the detail of both teams:

The pitch was very supportive for batting(1st time in this story got a batting pitch lolz)
                            I decided to go with the same side that is all experienced batsmen, two spinners and two seamers.
                            I won the toss and decided to bat first.B Smith and E Miller scored 65 and 76 respectively and due to that I was able to post a total of 190/4.Not a single bowlers was prominent as few remain wicket less and others got just 1.Here is the detail od my batting and his bowling cards:

The total was very huge and I was sure I will win it easily. I did it but not as easily as i thought.He was able to score 141/9 in 20 overs and his allrounder N Eldershaw scored a blistering 49*.Playing with two spinners helped me to win the match as each took 3 wickets.Here is the deatil of my bowling and his batting cards:

I won the match by 49 runs and E Miller was man of the match due to his outstanding batting performance.
                            These friendly matches are so good to develope social relations and have fun at the same time where as in ladder matches I have noticed that people cheat just to get to the top and it spoils ur social relations.
                            Thats y I love to play friendly matches.
                            Last edited by habib; 12-30-2009, 12:24 AM.

Comment

nifty

Next two matches were against nifty.Both were friendly.One T20 and other one day.He was in season 2009 and was new in online games and was playing with Nottinghamshire was his team.
                              In T20 match I gave chance to two new openers as middle order batsmen and in bowling section Spence was given chance in place of Downes.
                              I won the toss and put him to bat first.Pitch was very difficult to bat on and he could not resist to the leg spin bowling of stewart who took 5/8 and limited him to only 76 in 20 overs for the loss of 7 wickets.His openers Jefferson and Wood scored 24 and 20 respectively.
                              This was not a big task and I achieved the target only in 11th over for the loss of 3 wickets.Both new batsmen failed to impress and top scorer was inform B Smith with 37*.Sidebottom was his best bowler for this match with figures of 2/23.
                              P Stewart was declared man of the match for magical figures of 5/8 in four overs.Here is the final score card of both teams:

Next we played a friendly one day game.His side was the same and I made some changes by calling E Miller and Downes back in place,however, new chap Neat was given an other chance at lower middle order.
                              Pitch was so good for batting and I did not hesitate at all to bat first after winning the toss.My Inn was opened by B Smith and A Flicker and they both scored 56 and 37 respectively.But it were E Miller and D Bollinger who put a huge total of 366 by scoring 142* and 99 runs respectively.H Neat scored unbeaten 25 in just 17 balls to justify his selection.Only G Swam took 2 wicket but also went for too many runs.
                              I was thinking that he will not be able to make even 200 runs but he did well and scored 212/8 in 50 overs.A Brown was his top scorer with 48.And in my bowling I Flynn and Stewart took 3 wickets each.
                              And off course E Miller was man of the match for making brilliant 142* of just 114 balls on his return to the side.Here is the final score card of the match:
                              Last edited by habib; 12-30-2009, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Ultimatum

Once again a friendly match and this was against ULTIMATUM.
                                He was new online player and was playing as a coach of Sussex team.The pitch was good for batting and I decided to give chance to youngsters again.New openers H Neate and P Hacker were given a chance and as one down C Hancock was given another opportunity.A Flicker and B Smith(My regular openers) were playing as middle order batsmen.In bowling, although the pitch was not much supportive for seamers, I decided to play with three front line seamsers including the experienced Brownlow and two new youngsters Bradely and Hodgson.Stewart was the only regular spinner in the side.
                                Here is the detail of both teams:

I won the toss and decided to bat first.My openers started things carefully with not much aggression in order to keep wickets in hand.H Neate, however, was the first one to go and he played well for his 47.P Hacker also did well and scored 68 of 84 balls.Such a good start provided a chance to play with aggression and C Hancock made his mark with a brilliant 98 of just 78 deliveries.Equal support was provided by A Flicker by making 51 of 48 deliveries.Due to these contributions,I was able 2 make 322/5.Y Arafat was his best bowler with 3/37.
                                Here is the detail of my batting and his bowling effort in the match:

His batting was quite dramatic.Inspite of losing 2 wickets in very first over, he was able to 70/2 in first 10 overs because of using my part time bowlers in first few overs.In the 17th over he was able to make 100/2 but then introduction of spin changed things a bit.He was all out at a score of 203 in 34th over.P Stewart and Brownlow took 3 wickets each.Bradely was vey expensive in his spell but managed to get 2/50 in 6.5 overs.
                                Here is the detail of his batting and my bowling cards:

C Hancock was man of the match for his brilliant 98 of just 78 balls that set a platform for a huge total.Here is the final score card of the match:
                                Last edited by habib; 12-31-2009, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X