X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online play experience...story of my online play

Hey guys
    I have decided to post my stories of online play
    My team is good and I am in season 2050 currently, especially my bowlers are very good.So I decided to share my experience of online play here.My new team name is Burewala and u will soon see some updates as I will play some online games.
    Hopefully this will be new thing and some ppl will know about other online team strengths and also about some cheaters as have been mentioned in some other threads too.
    Last edited by habib; 01-04-2010, 11:38 AM.
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

whats ur response?

So do u guys like the idea of online game story?
    and do u wanna me start it?
    just wanna know that bcz if no one cares about it then there is no point to work for that

Comment

think its a good idea.i would personally like it more than the offline stories.

Comment

1st match...opponent was disconnected

hello every one
        As per promise here is the story of my first online match
        The match was against Poorv
        here is the screen shot of players information at the start of the match

As u can see that this guy has many international players in his team.To check that I went to ICC Scout and find the following detail

I know that its in such a small font that u can hardly read the players names but u can see nationality of different players in it
        I was lucky, that he disconnected although I have got his 5 players in only 65 something which he scored in 5 overs in a one day game.
        It was interesting for me to see my opponent in the perspective of a story and I was not worried of losing bcz the purpose was to get some interesting stuff for this story and I think now most of the ppl can share their online stories here but with a proof.
        See u soon.

Comment

LeoLions

My second match was against LeoLions, this guy has a team which has five stars and I am very sure that its not edited.Here is the detail of his team that played against me

I think he was in 2024-2030 season and the proof for that is detail of his one player named Morris Moore

He bowled really well and I hardly managed to have a total of 145 for the loss of 6 wickets and he really made me to realize that I need to work more on my batsmen.However, I bowled his team out in the 18th over at a total of 107.The reason is only bcz I am in higher season as mention earlier in 2050 and that was the only difference but still I need to work hard on my batsmen.
          Here is the detail of final score card:

See u soon with details of some other team

Comment

Playboy

So here is the 3rd match
            I was challenged by PLAYBOY to play a ladder T20 match.This guy was new one and I accepted his challenge
            Here is the detail of his team that played against me, I also made few changes in my team seeing that the guy is in 2009 season only.I gave chance to few youngsters which will be my team's future in few more seasons:

I won the toss and decided to bat. This pitch was more helpful for spinners but it had some help for seamers too. I batted well to post a total of 168 for the loss of 6 wickets and it was slightly below than what I was expecting.
            I was sure that I would not lose the match and that I will bowl him out before 100.(just bcz I know how strong bowling attack I have)
            He started off well and threatened me with 70 runs opening stand in 7 overs.Then the things changed as I used my spinners. The youngster Stewart took 6 wickets in his 4 overs and gave away only 13 runs.He made 117 for the loss of 9 wickets and I won the match easily.
            here is score card:

Here I do wanna mention that most of the guys start playing online without playing any seasons and they think they could defeat teams which are in 2030 or other higher seasons.It really hard and you will be lucky if u win.So plz play few seasons, get new players, give them tech. training right from start and you will see the results soon.
            Catch you soon with some other story.PLAYBOY is still waiting for me to come back and play more against him.lolz
            Last edited by habib; 12-26-2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

goood

Shortly after the 3rd match, I was challenged by goood to play a ladder one day match.
              His team was Essex and he was also in 2009 season as most of the online players.Here are the details of his and my teams

I lose the toss and my opponent decided to bat first on a track that was very supportive for bowling and the cloudy weather was making batting even more difficult.As a result his whole team was out at a total of 144 in 38th over.My youngsters like Paul stewart and M Downes ripped through Essex batting order and made things difficult for my opponent.
              Here is the score card after my bowling:

The opponent did not bowl at all and disconnected the match. This happens mostly when your opponent is very low in the rank or he is just new in the game.So he does not care about losing points by disconnecting as this guy did.

Comment

KartikeyXI

My next match was a friendly match and I chose to play friendly because this guy was new in the game and he wanted to play friendly match first. It was T20 match and the opponent's team was Nottinghamshire and he was in 2009 season.Here is the detail of his team:

And again on bowling track, I decided to bowl first after winning the toss.He was able to play all 20 overs but could post only a total of 110 for the loss of 9 wicket. J Brownlow was the prominent bowler with 3 wickets.I easily achieved the target in 16th over and my openers eased the things by providing 80 runs opening stand.Here is the score card:

Comment

Radar

My next match was a ladder one day match and the challenger was RADAR
                  He was in 2009 season and had won only one match out of 6 matches that he played. So again I gave chance to my youngsters inorder to see their abilities.Here is the detail of my and RADAr's teams:

The pitch was very helpful for seamers and thats why I played with 3 genuine seamers, one leg spinner and two part time bowlers.
                  I lost the toss but still I got what I was wanting 2 do(Bowling first)
                  James Brownlow got his opener D Birch on very first delivery, then he started playing more carefully and it gave me chance to use my part time bowlers.Wickets keep on falling at regular intervals and pick of the bowlers was youngster M Downes, who finished with 5/35
                  anyways Derbyshire managed to score 156 runs and were bowled out in 46th over.Only C Rogers was impressive in batting with his fighting 67 runs.
                  I started batting at 4 bars and kept on batting at that until 20th over and then just put the top gear to finish things early.His bowling was not impressive at all and I achieved my target only in 28th over and won the match by 10 wickets.A flicker remained not out at 78 and B Smith remained not out at 74. Here is the score card:

Comment

Old-spinner

SO finally been challenged by a team who had some experience of online play, and its OLD-SPINNERBefore playing against him I was thinking he is a cheater and he will hang the game if he ll be losing it. But it was not the case,this guy is innocent and is not cheater at all.
                    He challenged me for a T20 ladder match and I accepted it bcz I really wanted to know the details of his team. His team was strong and I think he was in 2016-2020 season. Big advantage was of having Philip Hughes in his team and that the only strength that I had seen in his team. P Hughes has the batting ability of 2477 points and that mean he is a level 7 batsmen which is just out standing.
                    I selected my best team against him and I was not much worried anout Hughes bcz I had the good bowling attack to handle him. No younster was given the chance in my side except M Downes and Stewart who impressed me in last few matches.
                    Here is the detail of his and my team that played the match:

He also made the same mistake as many others do i.e. Choosing to bat first on a cloudy and seamers favouring pitch.His team was not as strong as i was thinking bcz he was bowled out on just 79 in 18 overs and again Stewart impressed with his leg spinns and took 3 wicket for just 11 runs. S Robson was the highest scorer with 21 runs.
                    I achieved the target in only 12th over with the loss of only one wicket and A Flicker remained not out on 45.
                    Here is the score card:

just wanna say OLD-SPINNER is not a cheater as mentioned in some threads.Plz try him he is a fair player and only has some server problems some times due to which he disconnects

Comment

How did you know Phillip Hughes' batting ability?..

Edit: Where you said his batting ability is 2477 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        How did you know Phillip Hughes' batting ability?..

Edit: Where you said his batting ability is 2477 points.
                        Just used ICC Scout to know about the players ability.Its not used for editing.The example of ICC Scout could be seen in this thread in my very first match, when I found out that my opponent has edited the game bcz he had so many international players in the team.
                        Hope it answers the question.

Comment

Originally posted by habib View Post
                          Just used ICC Scout to know about the players ability.Its not used for editing.The example of ICC Scout could be seen in this thread in my very first match, when I found out that my opponent has edited the game bcz he had so many international players in the team.
                          Hope it answers the question.
                          Ahh.. Okay, never heard of it before.. :P Is it usefull?

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                            Ahh.. Okay, never heard of it before.. :P Is it usefull?
                            Yeah
                            I think it helps u to know ur young players ability and to pick youngsters accordingly
                            Also when u play online it helps u to know who has genuine side and who has edited

Comment

Originally posted by habib View Post
                              Yeah
                              I think it helps u to know ur young players ability and to pick youngsters accordingly
                              Also when u play online it helps u to know who has genuine side and who has edited
                              Where can I find this? Would be helpful to be able to utilise this. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X