X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qpeedore
    replied
    Ouch. That's a LOT. Even Extras scored a century.

Leave a comment:

• footy99
    replied
    100 Byes??

I can understand punishing a team for not picking a genuine keeper but I reckon this is a bit out of control.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rishi
    replied
    West Indies slump

Match West Indies vs Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka batting first scored substancial total 440+. In reply WI going well until Murali decides to show some of his tricks

From 295/5 to 305 all out

Leave a comment:

• rishi
    replied
    Middlesex County

Well Now I am with Middlesex, and they r quite a strong team to reckon. Pace Bowling is very penetrative, and Murali Kartik then chips in wid a wicket or two. But whnever d fast bowlers fail, runs flow like hell!!

another issue wid ths team is if England calls for players 2-3 players r at risk of being on duty, and hence weakenin d team.

Developin Murtagh into a gud allrounder, but need a stable middle order bat next season! uptil now 1 win in FC and 1 draw and 1 win 1 loss in Champions Trophy. I am playin my first season wid Middlesex

Leave a comment:

• qpeedore
    replied
    Well my Middlesex story is from my main game so if you want to know, check it out! (cheap plug)

To sum it up, I've not had a good limited overs time so far, finishing last in both the T20 and the 50 over leagues. I'm trying out some new stuff, switching around a few people and so far it's working out for me.

Ed Smith has been exceptional with the bat. He averages over 55 this season in first class games, and over 40 in limited overs. He's almost the lead run scorer of the entire season, with under a hundred to go to surpass Jacques Rudolph. I hope he does that. Last season Godleman was going to the top scorer but in the last game of the season he scored a double against Middlesex, my team, of all things...and he took the top scorer title away from me.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    My Essex save is going okay. Had yet another shocker in the T20. Never got to grips with that game. Plunkett has been brilliant in FC cricket. Kaneria has been poor in shorter formats. 1 wicket in 8 T20 games, averaging about 80 in List A cricket, too!

I'm plodding along. Not doing anything exceptional, not doing anything abysmal (barring T20!).

Leave a comment:

• rishi
    replied
    Restart

I had couple games wid Hamshire just for testing.
    Started on with Derbyshire, had terrible seasn, finished last in all championships. Even Scotland managed to beat me
    but. started wid 2nd season.. made some major releases n resignin. currently playin widout ne intrnl player. yet doin prewtty well.
    but wuld start again.. frm fresh.. n hope.. i build new strong relnshp wid d team players

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    qpeedore.

You should be able to put images into a thumbnail by putting it in the attachments tab in the post reply options. I have enclosed an image I've uploaded from My Pictures...

Edit: Yes, that's how you get a thumbnail.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• G-Reb
    replied
    I have progressed a few more seasons with England. I have found that Cook and Carberry are a great opening pair. Michael Munday is a freak bowler with 400+ wickets in 60 games. Owasis Shah and Mitch Rowell dominate my middle order with Rowell scoring 3 200+ innings in a row

Leave a comment:

• Yorks13
    replied
    I'm 5 games into my 2nd season with Yorkshire, won the FC in my first year, no one was exceptional, although Wainwright came along well, Phyrah was very consistent at the top of the order and my WK problem was solved due to the signing of Youth player W Wilkins halfway through the season now averages 60 from 13 FC games, in 2nd season have won all 5 games so far getting maximum points in all of them, Wainwright has been a revelation with 45 wickets, Tremlett has been a disappointment with 5 wkts at 66, top order of Pyrah, Rudolph, Van Jaarsveld, M Ul-Haq and Wilkins have all fired, this is all on normal difficulty, I recommend being Yorkshire.

Leave a comment:

• qpeedore
    replied
    I just won my most recent match against Warwickshire, with Murali Kartik giving me 6 wickets in the first innings and 5 in the second. Some resistance from Ian Trott in both innings.

Check out my top scores in the second innings. After a partnership of 188 between the two, they fell in successive overs. One was hard...two almost gave me a heart attack.

EDIT: By the way...how do you get the photo as a clickable thumbnail instead of this huge thing which clearly disrupts the layout?

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Did better in 2011 than I thought. Mainly due to Kaneria. Some stellar batting performances too. Whitworth scored 1,000 runs in OD games. Brady scored 1,400 in FC. 13th CC, 12th Pro40, QFs CT, R1 T20 (by one point!)

Masters and Phillips retired at end of season.

Brought in: Plunkett, Lawson, Clare (Derby all-rounder). Then some youths. Cook got his England contract back.

Leave a comment:

• qpeedore
    replied
    I played with Middlesex, in my second season now. I didn't really do anything of note in my first season but I didn't find it to be too bad either.

- Brad Godleman was the top run scorer for me last season, topping 1500 runs in FC. Narrowly missed out on being the top scorer of the entire league due to my last game being a little more batsman friendly for my opponents that I really wanted.

- Andrew Strauss and Owais Shah missed almost every game last season due to their England contracts. Shah started this season well, scoring two centuries and a double in his only three innings this season before being selected by England again.

- Murali Kartik has been a steady lower order batsman in both seasons, hanging around while someone from the middle order takes most of the strike. But Kartik has has his share of good scores too, including a high of 69 last season in addition to 2 other fifties. He averages around 30 currently.

- Chris Silverwood has been the mainstay of my bowling. The other bowlers have their moments but simply cannot be consistent like him. He's a decent batsman too, getting a couple of fifties. (My biggest highlight with him was in ICCIII, though, where he got a match-winning century.)

- Steven Finn or Alan Richardson is usually my other strike bowler, but like I said, they aren't that consistent. I have problems with a fourth bowler and I usually just call someone up from the second team for a couple games before sending them back down.

- As far as all-rounders go, I use Ed Joyce. I know he's just in the game as a batsman but last year he averaged 41 and took 43 wickets at 41, with a best of 6/72 and a high score of 172 not out.

- Biggest disappointments? Chris Peploe (but I'm keeping him since I'll NEED a spinner for the inevitable selection by India of Kartik...happened in ICCIII), almost every all rounder that I've had except a member of the youth team named Chris Bucknall, everyone else except Ed Joyce as a part-time bowler, umpiring decisions from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Bowled_Him
    replied
    Having started up the customary Hampshire game, i have found it a lot harder than previous versions, but in a nice way, it is certainly a challenge.

I ahve just started my 3rd season (I am mid way through may). the first 2 seasons were very tough. In both we narrowly avoided relegation in the County championship. The FP trophy was a loss, finish 4 out of 5 in both seasons. Pro 40 we were relegated in the first season and lost the play-off in season 2. Twenty20 has been something of a relief, reaching the quaters both years, mainly thanks to Sean Ervine.

Hampshire Season 1 & 2:

Pro's -
    • Strong t20 showings bodes well for other limited over contest
    • Michael Brown - Over 1200 runs in both seasons
    • Chris Tremlett - Hasnt set the world alight, but has been best bowler
    • Nic pothas - Hioghest scoring WK in the country, although often inj
    • Usually Strong batting in FC has laid many good foundations
    • Dale Steyn - Overseas signing for 2010 has shown good form from the word go, unlike Malinga and Bond in previous seasons
    • Season 3 signing Luke Wright offers excellent all-round abillity in the OD game, but questions remain over FC potential
    • Other s3 signing, james Treadwell, has filled a previousy gaping hole in the spin department and is good for 20/30 runs at the end of an innings

Cons
    • Bowling has been very weak with Tremlett and Mascheranas bearing a heavy workload
    • Worrying lack of youth talent
    • Lack of depth, not in quantity terms, but definately quality. Tom Burrows, James Tomlinson, Kevin Latouf anyone??
    • Mediocre performances in previous seasons has led to a lack of funds for training physio and most importantly youth development
    • Batting line up is brittle and Sean Ervine is only middle order batsmen to score runs consistently
    • We are susceptible to international call-ups, tremlett mascheranas and Carrberry have all been rendered unavailable at various times.

Overall though i see light at the end of the tunnel, Treadwell's arrival has been a godsend and luke wright has had a fantastic start in the FP trophy (105 off 81 as an opener on debut against Wocsetershire. Dale Steyn has been a superb strike bowler thus far.

However we may well struggle when it comes to a more advanced stage of the season, a lack of coaching and absence of physio sessions (20,000 and 10,000 respectively) will hit hard once the t20 comes around

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    I am about to enter 2011 with Essex. Oh dear, I am in for a toughie.

I was fed-up with a lot of seamers doing nothing, I think I released about 10 players. But Ali Cook didn't keep his England contract, I did re-sign him, at an almighty 92k. I simply ran out of funds though. So I have 3 youth players filling up my squad. My batting is fine. But if Danish gets injured I will be awful. Still, it's a new challenge and I'm up for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X