X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyril Washbrook
    replied
    Agreed with most of the ones you've nominated there; generally, other people have also found them to be excellent players in ICC08.

Leave a comment:

• Steely123
    replied
    Good Players

I have found a few real dynamites whilst playing the game.

Samit Patel - Trained his bowling, now is a star all rounder, bats 3 gets over 1000 runs a season every year.
    Ravi Bopara - trained his bowling, also now is a good all rounder, bats at 4 or opens gets regular OD 100's about 1000 Runs a season.
    Rob Key - Scores quickly in OD's about 4-5 aggression to start, gets you off to a good start usually gets 50's at about 90-100 S/R
    Michael Carberry - Great FC batsmen, gets runs but scores slowly sometimes.
    Adam Shantry - 70-80 FC wickets a season usually gets snapped up by england, even scores runs in the lower order, he got 103 against Gloucestshire.
    James Harris - Scores runs down the order (with training) yet to score a hundred, but 4 seasons in has scored 3-4 50's in the last 2 seasons. Gets 70-80 Wickets a season, Economical in OD.
    Gareth Batty/Graham Swann - Used Them to open the bowling in OD matches (even though a spinner) and they takes early wickets and doesent go for many, get a few quick runs down the order.
    Jamie Daylrymple - His batting is fantastic, can score at around 180-200 S/R with 7-8 Aggression. Great in OD's. Although his bowling is quite average but sometimes cherps in with a couple of wickets.
    Tim Ambrose - Opened or at 4 or 5, always gets consistant runs, 1 season got 1600 runs with 6 100's and 5 50's.

Top Tip

Opening the bowling with a spinner when defending a total in a One Day match, works a treat. Usually get a few wickets and keep the run rate down to about 3-4 an over, although the bowler at the other end sometimes end up getting hit round the park.

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied
    Alfonso Thomas is an one change bowler for me . He bowls 4 over in his first spell . I bring him back after 34th over in one day . His second spell is dangerous . Try it . You will see . Sometimes he takes 6 wickets in his second spell .

Leave a comment:

• Auric Goldfinger
    replied
    Originally posted by str View Post
    Alfonso Thomas plays excellent for my Somerset . Great bowler . He bats in #3 position in first class in my team . and #8 in one day .

He is always in my first team .
    He was a bit inconsistent for me with the ball last season but was quite reliable down the order.

I lost a couple of 50 over games at the start of third season due to the hole in my bowling attack. Ten doeschate and Dalrymple are classed as all rounders but are pretty poor bowlers - I find Dalrymple to be slightly better in the four day games. So I dropped Powell from the team and pick between Swann and Thomas (both of them are good enough to bat at 7 after my strong middle order).

The bowling attack has an excellent look to it now. Shantry and Harris are good bowlers both capable of match-winning performances. Cooray is an excellent spin bowler and Broad is proving to be very useful with bat and ball.

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied
    Ashwin is another bowler .

he Bats is #5 position in my all bowlers and a wicket keeper team .

He scored 279 runs and took 21 wickets . My wicket keeper G Gambhir scored 481 runs .

Won the World Cup .

NOW I am thinking who is the "Man of the Tournament" ?

Leave a comment:

• aggvaibhav
    replied
    I have Piyush. I delayed him for about 6 years. Till then I was playing Harbhajan. Now he is 33 and having played 83 tests he has taken 540 wickets with a test century as well..

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied
    Alfonso Thomas plays excellent for my Somerset . Great bowler . He bats in #3 position in first class in my team . and #8 in one day .

He is always in my first team .

Leave a comment:

• Auric Goldfinger
    replied
    I got an excellent game going with Glamorgan. In the second season, I came second in the 1st division of the County Championship, reached the semi-finals of the Twenty20, won the Pro40 2nd division and the Challenge Trophy.

I signed Di Venuto, Bopara, Cooray (Sri Lanka) and Broad for the new season. The team now looks like this:

1. Francois Du Plessis
    2. Michael Di Venuto
    3. Ryan Ten doeschate
    4. Ravinder Bopara
    5. Jamie Dalrymple
    6. Michael Powell
    7. Phil Mustard
    8. Stuart Broad
    9. Adam Shantry
    10. Cooray
    11. James Harris

I also have Ryan Watkins (had a class first season with the bat but a poor second season), Matthew Wood, Dean Eldershaw (young fast bowling all rounder but a better batsman than bowler), Alfonso Thomas, Graeme Swann, Mark Wallace and Dean Cosker. Plus a few others who are not near the first team.

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied
    I made an international team with all bowlers and a wicket keeper . Won two World Cups . Number one in ODI rankings . skipping the tests .

Bowlers can really bat . Piyush Chawla is doing great . I think he can take over 800 wickets both test and ODI and score over 8000 runs .

Leave a comment:

• aggvaibhav
    replied
    to srt

I can understand but still it is very difficult to make a player of such class who will maintain an average of 72 throughout his test career.. That is Bradmanesque you see.

What are your ICC rankings?

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied
    Originally posted by aggvaibhav View Post
    ANyone to beat him?
    I can beat him but I have 8 or 9 saves with different teams . So it will take some time .

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied
    Bangladesh has good youth players . I won the 2011 world cup . Lost against Bangladesh in group stage .

Now I have more skills . Bangladesh is not a problem anymore .

Leave a comment:

• aggvaibhav
    replied
    I guess I am also facing the hazards of not taking Bangladesh as my team. I reached the finals of the 2011 WC and I guess Bangladesh beating me in that was inevitable.

Am currently in January 2022 wating to reach 2030 where I guess we might get players who are not even born now. That i presume will be something amazing. My best player thus far has been M. Singh who is currently playing and is 30 years of age with a batting average of 72 in 68 tests.

ANyone to beat him?

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied
    Bangladesh's Farhad Reza can win a match from no where in ICC 2008 . But most of the time he fails when I play with him . He plays better against me . Opener Mehrab Hossain scored 165 in a world cup match for me . He is a gold standard . Scored 132 against Australia .

Leave a comment:

• anubhav0724
    replied
    Sri lanka international

im currently playing wid sri lanka in international and im currently in
    2022 april.....i have the 2023 world cup next year....quite impressing that ive reached so far....jayawardene retired on 39 years and sanath retired in 2011

quite fassinating.....in a test match against aus....mahela scored 529*....lol
    i knw.....i made a man called w palleguruge....and played wid him 99 test before he retired and he took 600 test wickets....

really good feature of rankings......

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNW IF THERE ARE ANY CHEAT CODES OR SOME TRICKS OF THIS GAME....

AND YA IN THIS GAME BANGLADESH IS HELL LOT BETTER TEAM....BANGLADESH WON THE 2011 WC, 2014 WC AND REACHED TILL THE FINALS IN 2019....POFF..!!

WAITING FOR REPLY...!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X