Clear All

• str
    replied
    Played with Hampshire . Very poor for bowlers wicket-

Leave a comment:

• Cyril Washbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by str View Post
    Never used editor . restart your PC again and again will crash both PC and game .

Make very poor for bowlers wicket and start scoring runs . You can chase 300 in one day with out losing a wicket .
    By reloading the game, I mean: opening the "Saves" folder, copy-pasting the save file, then quitting the game every time you lose a wicket, deleting the original save and loading the copied save... then repeat. I guess there are other techniques, but that's one of the common ones I've seen people do in various games. I don't believe that scoresheet could happen for one second. You've clearly put your players on close to full aggression for the entire innings; and you're expecting us to believe that you can just go through at full aggression with two mediocre batsmen and have them score, oh, a lazy couple of thousand runs. It's inconsequential, really - you're welcome to do whatever you like with your own game - but it's really obvious when people do it.

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied
    Never used editor . restart your PC again and again will crash both PC and game .

Make very poor for bowlers wicket and start scoring runs . You can chase 300 in one day with out losing a wicket .

Leave a comment:

• Cyril Washbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by str View Post
    [images]
    Indeed, using the editor or repeatedly reloading the game can produce some amazing results.

Leave a comment:

• str
    replied

Leave a comment:

• the_gas
    replied
    I am struggling to regain interest in the game after i lost my Somerset save, i was about 15 years in and had some really good young English players.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Just got back in to playing this again, currently in my first season with Leics. Doing well in the FPT, dire in the Championship. Poor back up bowling and a batting line up that is susceptible to collapsing. Good challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Cyril Washbrook
    replied
    Munday's far too good - in my Hampshire save, when Munday takes fewer than 110 wickets in a season (for Somerset), then I regard him as having had a poor season. And just to highlight the need for an overhaul of how players are selected for international sides in ICC, he has never played a test match in my save either.

Leave a comment:

• biggy09
    replied
    Munday Madness.

Just played my first season in Full Game mode, played with Somerset and Michael Munday was a madman..

Leave a comment:

• Cyril Washbrook
    replied
    No, it's not just you - national selection and selection in general are real problems. The issue is that the CPU seems to pick players based on their skill, or alternatively their potential (i.e. a combination of skill and age). Performance and form appear to play a minimal role.

Consequently, a few problems emerge: (1) you get cases like batsmen playing 50 tests in which they've managed one century; they get picked again and again purely because of their hidden skill attributes. (2) the game is far too sensitive to age: even if a batsman or bowler does have good form and good hidden skill attributes (you can roughly work it out their skill by looking at how many runs they need to score in order for their match form to be good), if they're 27 or 28 they probably won't get a cap. Which is absolute nonsense in the real world. Conversely, players get picked before they're ready - you get 21 year olds who score a decent amount of runs in their county side, but before you know it, they're in the test side... and averaging about 30.

Leave a comment:

• x07harda
    replied
    Hampshire

Currently playing the 2011 season as Hampshire and Australia, have been very good in both CC and Challenge Trophy with a number of my players excelling from season to season.
    Some of the standouts are:

M Carberry: averaged more than 55 for past 3 seasons
    C Woodcock: career average of 52 in his third year
    C Tremlett: averaging 25 with the ball in past 3 seasons
    K Dias: international player who took 110+ wickets at 17 in 1 season
    S Prassana: another intrernational player who took 110+ wickets at 16 in 1 season

Only problem I have with the game so far is the cpu national selections, only one of my players has been selected for national duty (K Pietersen) during my career despite having two of the top 4 english batsmen in both first class and OD (based on averages), also two of my foreign players have had standout years when playing for me yet they have only manged one ODI between them. Is anybody else having this problem or do all national selectors just hate my coaching.

Leave a comment:

• biggy09
    replied
    Originally posted by Fozzie-Stars View Post
    Bresnan is a legend
    That's mad bro! Most wickets I ever got in a row was 4 with someone but I forgot who lol.

I have played a few International Seasons with Australia and other teams, and it's great to see Tail Enders hitting hundreds, hehe. I play on easy but still, Jason Krezja scoring 223* is not bad and Graeme Smith making a 200+ in an ODI was fun.

Although I did play a Test series against Banga on Normal Difficulty and Bryce McGain on debut took 9/76 (or so runs) in the first innings.
    Last edited by biggy09; 02-23-2009, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rbsons
    replied
    I haven't been doing anyhwere near as well as use guys (although you have given me some usful tips). I have been playing for northamptonshire and been fairly consistent in the championship finishing just outside of promotion. Panesar takes a stack of wickets for me gets into the england side, gets dropped and then gets a stack of wickets for me etc. David Sales has constantly scored runs and has carried the batting with some help from others. The recent signings of loye and enly have been successful. However the seam bowling has been shocking, I signed mohammad saif who averaged over 40 so dropped to the 2nd XI and then released. just signed Dale Steyn who has started with 7 for, will see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Fozzie-Stars
    replied
    What an over

Bresnan is a legend
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Typical Stroke
    replied
    Career with Somerset

I am playing only county season with Somerset and I am in Season 2031. poor performance in first 5 years after 2013 my team done well in first class cricket and won all County Championship except 2020 finished 2nd. After season 2022 my team is doing well and won all county championship 2 Pro League and 4 time Twenty20 Cup.

Season County Championship Pro League Challenge Trophy Twenty20
    2008 09 03 R1 SF
    2009 10 06 SF R1
    2010 06 06 QF R1
    2011 05 08 W R1
    2012 03 13 QF QF
    2013 01 10 SF R1
    2014 01 07 SF R1
    2015 01 16 SF R1
    2016 01 16 R1 R1
    2017 01 12 R1 QF
    2018 01 11 R1 R1
    2019 01 03 SF R1
    2020 02 05 SF QF
    2021 01 04 SF R1
    2022 01 08 R1 R1
    2023 01 10 QF W
    2024 01 09 SF QF
    2025 01 11 QF W
    2026 01 07 QF QF
    2027 01 01 SF QF
    2028 01 04 SF W
    2029 01 01 R1 SF
    2030 01 03 SF W
    Total
    Win 17 02 01 04
    Win % 73.91 08.69 04.34 17.39
    Last edited by Typical Stroke; 12-10-2008, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X