No announcement yet.

Problem with dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Dropbox sync new files correctly between your machines?

If so and if you're looking to move saves between machines, then I think for now the best thing is to do this manually outside of the game.

Games are stored locally in this location:

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\Saves

As a short term solution, I'd then just use another folder within dropbox to move the saves between machines as and when you want to.

I think I need to get some help from the team on this, it happening on versions prior to 2014 is interesting, it suggests (albeit not 100%) that the problem isn't with the game. I'm not going to be able to do this for a week and a half or so, given the time of year.

We've not had reports of this problem outside of you two, trying to trace this is a nightmare.

You've both tried reinstalling Dropbox and the game (though given the problem exists on 2013 as well, I don't think reinstalling the game is particularly relevant).

EDIT:

One thought, open Windows Explorer, right click on the drive that Dropbox is installed on (For me, it's Local Disk (C: ) and select properties. What is your File system?
    Last edited by Sureshot; 12-23-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Dropbox is syncing all the files. The only issue is the game not "seeing" dropbox on my one machine.
      Yes I would like to move the files from one PC to another seeing as i am playing at work too.

I know i can do it manually, i am already doing it since the issue started.

File system is NTFS

One this i noticed is that if you enable Dropbox and it does no work, the save game is saved the the install folder.

P.S. who do you access Dropbox, with a SYSVAR, API or by manually searching for the folder?
      Last edited by Blade007; 12-27-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Hmm, I was hoping the issue would be with the file system, as I saw something on Dropbox that suggested FAT32 could cause some issues. I'll contact the team again about this next Monday.

Comment

This is being discussed by us now, by the way. I'll update if and when there is any news.

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Guys, can you confirm the explorer path for your dropbox install on both machines and tell me which is the broken machine.

On mine, dropbox is installed in:

C:\Users\Nigel

If you right click on the address you can copy and paste it, as I'll need the exact paths.

Comment

I think this is it on the machine thats not working properly...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\DropboxOEM

Comment

Not working machine:
                  C:\Users\Werner\Dropbox

Working Machinge
                  C:\Users\wengelbrecht\Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by Raver View Post
                    I think this is it on the machine thats not working properly...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\DropboxOEM
                    It should be in one of the User paths, as per Blade007s post above.

Can you also both tell me the exact save names in:

- The dropbox folder
                    - The locally stored folder on each machine (and tell me which one is from the broken machine)

This will be:
                    C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\Saves

Comment

Ah, how about this:

C:\Users\Jason\Desktop

Comment

Dropbox Folder:
                        C:\Users\wengelbrecht\Dropbox\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\saves (Working)
                        C:\Users\Werner\Dropbox\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\saves (Not Working)

Local Folder:
                        C:\Users\wengelbrecht\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\Saves (Working)
                        C:\Users\Werner\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\Saves (Not Working)

Comment

Originally posted by Raver View Post
                          Ah, how about this:

C:\Users\Jason\Desktop
                          Is this the same username on both your machines?

Blade007 - Apologies, I meant the save names within that folder.

Essentially, I'm trying to see if there's a save name somewhere that's causing the problem. All we can really do is try process of elimination at the moment.

Likewise with getting you to tell me the usernames on your machines, to see if there is an odd character causing the problem (which I can't see). The length on your working machine raised an eyebrow, as it's likely longer than most Windows usernames. I'm very much clutching at straws here, but you never know and in any case, it needs to be ruled out.

Thanks for your patience with this issue.
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 01-18-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Dropbox Folder Content:
                            "werner, west indies.cap"

Local Folder, Working Machine:
                            options.xml
                            werner, west indies.cap
                            werner, west indies.cbk

Local Folder, Not Working:
                            ImportedFiles <Dir>
                            options.xml
                            werner, west indies.cap
                            werner, west indies.cbk

Comment

Thanks, and to confirm these locally stored saves are from where you're manually transferring them between the machines?

I've been doing some digging around the Dropbox forums and found some users who couldn't get certain files to sync, which led me to a support page that gets permissions to be reset.

Firstly, change the Enable Dropbox feature to 0 in the options.xml file on the non-working machine.

Then follow the steps on the advanced users section on the bottom of this page.

Then run the game on the non-working machine and see if the problem resolves.

Comment

Did everything on the link still not working.

Setting still does not show in the games settings.
                                I created a new save game and the it was not copied to the dropbox folder, if I copy it manually it syncs
                                Last edited by Blade007; 01-19-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X