Problem with dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried this, no luck.

I even deleted the "International Cricket Captain 2015" folder in DropBox. The game did not recreate this folder

Comment

Just a quick Update.

Tested the same with the 2014 version of the game and same issue.
      Open application, enable dropbox, close application, open application again.... dropbbox is disabled.

So the issue must be something on my PC.

Comment

Not just your machine though - I'm still having the same problem. I have it going on 2 different machines running windows 10, and it works fine on one, but not on the newer laptop.

Comment

Thanks for your patience guys, this is a bit needle in a haystack at the moment.

Can you both do a clean boot and then try using dropbox before doing anything else with your system.

Describes how to use the clean boot process to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

What is Clean Boot State in Windows? How to perform Clean Boot? What is the difference between Safe Mode and Clean Boot State? This article will tell you!

The issue to me still sounds like something is conflicting with or blocking dropbox, just need to try and find out what.

Could you also both take screenshots of your installed programs (or just list them), there might be some shared program you both have.

Comment

Clean boot, still the same issue, the dropbox setting is not saving\reading for the settings file

Screenshots as requested

Regarding the setting that keeps reverting back:
            Is it possible to find out from the developer(s) what the conditions are for ticking the setting in the UI? A code snippet would be even better
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Blade007; 12-16-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Those screenshots seem tiny and I can't read them, can you upload them any bigger?

Have either of you got CC2013? It'd be nice to be able to see if dropbox works on that (or any other pre-2014 dropbox enabled versions).

Comment

I have all the versions since Cricket Captain 3.
                Installed 2013, and dropbox does not work:

Weird thing is that dropbox is installed and running

Links to the original files:

Attached Files
                Last edited by Blade007; 12-16-2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for doing that, is it the same for you, Raver? If you don't have 2013, let me know.

This could be quite useful as it would mean I could rule out the transition to the new game from 2014 onwards.

Comment

I dont have 2013 sorry.

Comment

Okay, I've PM'd you.

Comment

Yes, same thing for me. Even though I have dropbox installed and use it regularly for other applications, the game says its not installed.

Comment

Tried another solution with no luck.
                          Created a VM and only installed steam with one game and dropbox.

Still does not work, setting does not "save" and no save games

Comment

We can now rule out this being a problem with the 2014 or 2015 versions then, which gets us a bit further to finding the problem.

Can you both confirm what version of Dropbox you are using, if you hover over the Dropbox icon in the system tray it will tell you

Looking around Dropbox forums, there seem to be some issues recently with OneDrive that somehow conflict with Dropbox. Do either of you have this installed? It will appear in the Programs list.

Can you also go in to Dropbox Preferences and go to Import tab, is the 'Share screenshots using Dropbox' feature checked?

Anti-virus software could be blocking it, can you please check Dropbox is whitelisted on your anti-virus software.

I trust neither of you have anything from McAfee installed?

Comment

Version of Dropbox : 3.12.5 on both pc's working and non working one

I have OneDrive installed on the PC that works and not on the "Broken" pc.

"Share screenshots using Dropbox: feature disabled on all my computers.

I have even uninstalled my Anti-Virus on the "Broken" pc, the VM has 0 applications installed except dropbox and Steam.

McAfee..... NEVER

P.S. I can provide remote access (Team Viewer) to my Clean Install VM with the same issue if it would help
                              Last edited by Blade007; 12-18-2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Same version of dropbox here. I used to have mcafee (it came with the machine) but I eradicated that at my first opportunity. Having trouble finding the dropbox preferences menu I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X