Problem with dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with dropbox

I've got a little problem with using cricket captain and dropbox on my new windows 10 laptop. Basically I cant see any of my saved games, and whenever I click the ënable dropbox' button, it unchecks it everytime I restart the game. The result is that I cant seem to access dropbox on my laptop. My PC works just fine though.

Any ideas?

After Formatting my PC and installing the latest version of the Game I am having the same issue, worked before.

I am on Windows 7 Ultimate

Comment

Bump, anyone have any idea?

Comment

Sorry for the delay, some questions that it would be great if you can answer:

Can you access the saves in this folder?

C:\Users\<User name>\Dropbox\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\saves

Do you have any unusual characters in the location above? (ie, something other than a-z in your user name)

Have you saved any games on the new install?

Sometimes users can get around dropbox sync issues on a new machine, by making a save on the new machine and then trying to sync dropbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          Sorry for the delay, some questions that it would be great if you can answer:

Can you access the saves in this folder?

C:\Users\<User name>\Dropbox\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\saves

Do you have any unusual characters in the location above? (ie, something other than a-z in your user name)

Have you saved any games on the new install?

Sometimes users can get around dropbox sync issues on a new machine, by making a save on the new machine and then trying to sync dropbox.
          Yes i can access the folder but the newly created save game in not there.
          And no, there is no weird characters in my user name (Werner)

The issue is not the Dropbox folder but rather the Setting not taking affect.
          After a fresh install the dropbox feature is not enabled by default. I then open the game and tick the dropbox feature and close the game.
          When i open the game again the feature has reverted back to the unticked state.

The weird part is if i open the config file :
          c:\Users\Werner\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2015\Saves\options.xml
          the feature is enabled
          <EnableDropbox value="1"/>

Comment

If the newly created game save isn't in the dropbox folder then that would confirm that dropbox isn't linked. Can you see your previous CC2015 save games in that dropbox folder?

Have you tried unlinking and relinking the dropbox account? You can do this by clicking on the dropbox icon in your system tray, going to preferences and then Account.

It probably means that it can't access the Dropbox folder for some reason, working on that assumption, all we can really do is process of elimination, but I'd like to think we can work it out!

Hmm, it could be an admin issue. Exit Steam, right click on the Steam shortcut and select Run As Admin.

Go to C:\Users\<User name>

Right click on Dropbox and select Properties, go to Security, click on each Group or user name and the Permissions should be Allow for everything for each group. (Special Permissions isn't set on my machine)

If you're using Windows Firewall:

Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
            Type "firewall.cpl" (without the quotes) in the box and press enter
            When the next window opens, click on "allow and app or feature through Windows Firewall"

On this screen I have Cricket Captain 2015 set to Private and Public.
            Dropbox is private only. Dropbox.exe is Public only.

It could also be an anti-virus being a pain, what security software do you use?

Comment

I have tested all the above without any success.
              I have even disabled the firewall to check.

Anti-Virus : AVG 2015

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled both Cricket Captain and Dropbox.

I still think the issue is the setting not saving correctly, because it does not show on the settings menu.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'll have to ask the rest of the team about this, as it's quite odd.

The config file still has the setting at 1?

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas so far and trying to help.

Yes, the setting is still set to 1

Code:
                  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                  <Options>
                      <MenuSound value="1"/>
                      <HighSound value="1"/>
                      <Commentary value="1"/>
                      <RevScoreText value="0"/>
                      <UserDefFields value="0"/>
                      <EnableDropbox value="1"/>
                      <EnableShadows value="1"/>
                      <EnableDepthOfField value="1"/>
                      <EnablePicInPic value="1"/>
                      <EnableCrowds value="1"/>
                      <FullScreen value="0"/>
                      <Resolution value="89522944"/>
                      <NetFirwallMsg value="true"/>
                      <NetUser value=""/>
                      <NetSavePwd value=""/>
                      <CDKey value=""/>
                  </Options>
                  Last edited by Blade007; 12-02-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Can you go to the game save folder in Dropbox and take a screenshot of that folder with the game saves in and then attach that screenshot here?

The complete guide to capturing screenshots on Windows Need to take a screenshot on your Windows PC? Whether you want to capture your full screen or just one window or area, there are several quick and easy ways to take screenshots in...

Comment

Is this what you are looking for:
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Blade007; 12-07-2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Yes. I'm stumped by this, not being able to replicate this on one of our own machines means it's guess work trying to find a solution for you, normally one of the previous solutions will work with dropbox issues.

It could be a UAC problem. Go in to Control Panel, then User Accounts, then you should get an option to Change User Account Control settings. I'd try reducing this down one level at a time and then checking the Dropbox unticking issue. Then go down another level on user account settings, etc.

Have you installed any different software since the format?

Next steps in the process would be:

Setting up a new account on your machine, installing Steam and dropbox (nothing else) and seeing if that works.

Having to manually move the files between the games locally stored saves folder and dropbox, this wouldn't be too painful to do, but obviously not as seemless as the intended use of the dropbox save system.

Comment

The UAC is definitely not the issue, I always disable this Crap feature seeing as it always gives issues with my development enviroment.

No weird or different software, just the usual stuff.

I will try the new account solution tonight after work.

Thank for all the help so far.

Comment

OK, so the new profile did not make any difference.

Who does the dropbox setting in the game work, does it read the setting form the settings file and check if it can access dropbox before enabling the setting?
                            The setting still shows disabled although the file shows enabled.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if something in the development environment could be causing the problem, again, nightmare to know...

I think we should try removing the existing saves you have in your CC2015 dropbox folder, maybe there's some odd issue with them?

Go to your Dropbox CC2015 folder, copy these saves to a new location so that they can be retrieved later, this folder is now blank. Go to the Options.xml file and set enable dropbox to 0. Then start the game, enable dropbox and then try to save a new game.

If that does sync to dropbox, then add the old saves back in.

Comment

Working...
                              X