Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think Adam Hose (Somerset) needs a skills boost as well, in three seasons he's only scored three 50's for me in all formats

Comment

My last post regarding Fidel Edwards for Hampshire but I'd go as far as saying in real life he'd be the first bowler down on the team sheet in FC cricket yet isnt even in the default team in game perhaps showing something about his bowling rating?

Young leggie Mason Crane is also getting picked ahead of Danny Briggs in FC cricket and has just ripped through Warwickshire after also doing very well in his first game.

Comment

Yorkshire:
        Will Rhodes has been opening in First Class Cricket all year.
        Liam Plunkett is RF not RMF
        Matthew Fisher should maybe be RFM rather than RMF

Comment

I know he doesn't currently open for England but Joe Root is an opening batsman.

Comment

Matt Stoinis should be an All Rounder and bowl RFM
            He has opened bowling for Vics before.
            ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

I have spoken to a few friends in Indian cricket and they say the following;

1) KL Rahul is only a batsman now, does not even take up part time wicket keeping.
              2) Manish Pandey and Mayank Agarwal are as good talents as Karun Nair.
              3) Pujara is not expected to captain or make the first XI automatically.
              4) Kohli at 4, Rahane at 5 [Tests] and Kohli at 3, Rahane at 4 [ODI's] is the future.
              5) Axar Patel will be first choice spinner in ODI's for now.

Comment

Originally posted by lehoff View Post
                I know he doesn't currently open for England but Joe Root is an opening batsman.
                And he has blond hair.

Not brown hair. Blond hair, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                  Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  Well, we'll probably do another database update, can't really give a time frame as it depends what else has been going on. We've started work on implementing in-match chat for online games.

My suggestion is to look through the DB thread, see if there's anything you'd want to be changed before you start your save and use that as a judgement. I expect most of the changes are new debutants in the English season.
                  I'll take a look, cheers.

As long as "the next Shane Warne" - our 18 year old absolute starlet leg-break spinner is included and appropriately rated, I expect I'll be happy enough to make do with the rest.

He's been trumpetted by Steve Harmison to make the England Touring Squad to the Emirates against Pakistan, and is very highly rated and tipped to go far in the game, by those in the know. Mason recently ripped Warwickshire apart with a mermerising 5-35 from ten overs in our latest First Class game, helping us to our 2nd win of the Season, and sparking hopes that survival could yet be on the cards.
                  So -- having had a scout around the thread, and checked in the game, indeed -- young Mase most definitely needs to be added! (as he does not yet appear.) I'll definitely wait on starting my Hants save until he is available for selection.

Originally posted by Hampshire View Post
                  Young leggie Mason Crane is also getting picked ahead of Danny Briggs in FC cricket and has just ripped through Warwickshire after also doing very well in his first game.
                  Good to see a fellow Hants man on board.

That's Mason "seconded" then.

We're due to have Warney down very soon to give Mase a "Masterclass". What a moment for the young lad. Get's to learn from his hero who he modelled his game on growing up.

Mason already has a fantastic Googly, and is working on his slider. Can't wait to see that once Shane has finished with him!

We'll be hearing... "Bowling, Crane!"

Some archives with stats for Mason Crane for the developers:

Originally posted by Hampshire View Post
                  My last post regarding Fidel Edwards for Hampshire but I'd go as far as saying in real life he'd be the first bowler down on the team sheet in FC cricket yet isnt even in the default team in game perhaps showing something about his bowling rating?
                  Absolutely. Our West Indian Paceman is first choice and a real threat. About to enjoy his best years late on I'd say.

Comment

Oliver Robson of Sussex needs a fair amount of improvement bowling wise. Terrible bowling average in all formats in 2nd XI cricket. Irl, he is has become a regular in all formats for Sussex, doing especially well in FC cricket.

Ruaidhri Smith and David Lloyd of Glamorgan are both underrated in their bowling.

Mustafizur Rahman and Soumya Sarkar of Bangladesh are both underrated. They should be good enough to be a regular in the team, Sarker as a batsmen and Mustafizur as a bowler. Stats wise in recent times, both are doing incredibly.

Sabbir Rahman and Taskin Ahmed of Bangladesh should be a regular in ODI and T20s. Taskin potentially a test player for the future (as a bowler).
                    Last edited by Alrounder80; 08-17-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Luis Reece has made the England team in certain saves I've noticed. IRL, he can't even make the Lancashire side IIRC.

Comment

On a previous Database errors thread, someone discussed South Africa's various spinning options. It is indeed the case that Harmer has pipped Piedt in Tests (courtesy of Piedt's inconvenient injury just before Harmer's debut). Piedt is performing very well for SA A at the moment though in the unofficial Test against India A. It is good to see he is back in form. Maharaj is also bowling nicely.

Get cricket scorecard of 1st unofficial Test, IND-A vs SA-A, South Africa A tour of India 2015 at Krishnagiri Stadium, Wayanad dated August 18 - 21, 2015.

From a Test point of view, I see the pecking order as Harmer, then Piedt, then perhaps even Maharaj (in a few weeks time SA tour India, so perhaps two out of the three will play on the spinning pitches?).

From a limited overs point of view I see the pecking order as Phangiso / Tahir, then Leie. Given Maharaj's great economy rate in T20s, I wouldn't bet against him getting a game at some point.

I think the game with the current database selects Harmer before Piedt generally in Tests, however as mentioned at the top of the thread, Leie could perhaps do with a boost from the point of view of potential T20I and ODI selection.
                        Last edited by Graham_5000; 08-20-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Marcus Stoinis should be an All Rounder.
                          Usman Khawaja is so underrated, his batting need a major boost.

Comment

Nathan Lyon is extremely underrated. He cannot even play for New South Wales after a few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                              Nathan Lyon is extremely underrated. He cannot even play for New South Wales after a few seasons.
                              I agree about Lyon.

I also think that Steyn is a little under-rated. I have never seen him ranked 1 in the game and he doesn't feel like a player who reached 400 wickets faster than any other bowler (in terms of balls bowled, and the second fastest in terms of games played).

Is there a new DB thread for the 15.06 patch out of interest?

Comment

I dont think Bell-Drummond should be very defensive anymore. He has a strike rate of 53 this season in FC while in game I struggle to get him to 40 sr, 74 in OD and 130 in T20. Maybe change to defensive, not sure about changing to normal yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X