This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2015 15.05 Database errors

New database in the latest patch. This only applies to new saves, existing saves will be unaffected.

This was finalised before some input, so I'll quote those posts here:

"Ryan Stevenson should be added to Hampshire:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/33786277"

"I think though that Darryl Brown could be nerfed for SA (he is sometimes signable as an overseas), whilst Phangiso, Leie and Bavuma could perhaps be boosted (enough so that the former two get selected by the AI for the occasional limited overs game, and Bavuma the odd Test match). Bavuma has been playing since a teenager so his FC average is rather depressed by initial mediocre seasons. He has improved phenomenally over the last couple of years though. I also think that de Villiers shouldn't have strong batting preferences - it isn't a major thing at all but I personally feel he is content on the front and back foot as well as both sides of the wicket."

Bowling speeds:

RM > RFM > RMF > RF

Is there now a change for Tom Curran in both his batting ability as he is a all rounder not a bowler and that he should be made eligible for England.

Comment

he isn't an all-rounder in the new version, i can confirm that

Comment

No, I did bump up his skills though (both) and he is an England player now.

Comment

Hampshire - andre adams needs removing, he's retired
          Leicestershire - Cosgrove doesn't open in FC, Raine should really be an all-rounder, he batted at 3 during the t20
          Yorkshire - Will Rhodes has been opening the batting in fc

all i can spot, looking good

Comment

Great, thanks very much for changing it. When will the iPad update be ready?

Comment

I've left Andre Adams in, he did play three games this season. I know he has now left, but we don't do short deals currently. Awkward, as you can make a case for either situation!

iOS - Generally it takes a week for Apple to approve.

Comment

fair enough, and actually the AI will most likely retire him at the end of the season anyway

Comment

Rob Keogh at Northants should probably be an all rounder.

I think Australian Leg spinner Fawad Ahmed is actually 33 and not 36.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                    This was finalised before some input, so I'll quote those posts here:

"I think though that Darryl Brown could be nerfed for SA (he is sometimes signable as an overseas), whilst Phangiso, Leie and Bavuma could perhaps be boosted (enough so that the former two get selected by the AI for the occasional limited overs game, and Bavuma the odd Test match). Bavuma has been playing since a teenager so his FC average is rather depressed by initial mediocre seasons. He has improved phenomenally over the last couple of years though. I also think that de Villiers shouldn't have strong batting preferences - it isn't a major thing at all but I personally feel he is content on the front and back foot as well as both sides of the wicket."
                    Thanks Sureshot!

A couple of SA observations having skipped 4 seasons quickly (Test only with Zim):

- It could be because I keep suggesting nerfs, but SA plummet in the Test rankings pretty quickly (this could happen in real life of course!). I noticed that in season 1, England whitewashed SA in SA (3-0). England (in real life) are of course looking highly promising in real life (after today's 1st day of the 4th Ashes Test especially!), but I was surprised that after the first season SA were ranked 2nd (having lost all but one Test series), whilst England were 1st. After 4 seasons of skipping England were 1st and SA 5th (perfectly possible of course).

- Duminy got dropped in this save of mine pretty quickly (by the India series) - he hasn't got a phenomenal Test record compared with some of his team-mates, but given his more than useful bowling, he should be selected more often in my opinion. Du Plessis was dropped from season 2.

- Yaseen Vallie and Sybrand Engelbrecht got call-ups to play against England in season 1 - I don't think they are fringe players at the moment, so could be nerfed.

- Assuming that people think SA are likely to be competitive in the coming year or so, perhaps boosting some of the fringe players might stop SA's race down the Test rankings? Players like Rossouw, van Zyl, Bavuma, Rabada, Abbott, Harmer, Piedt etc are all handy / promising fringe players.

Having said all of that, it is highly possible that SA might be at the end of an era and England may be on the up. I suspect though that whilst England are certainly improving (hopefully they thrash Aus in this Test and the next), SA are likely to still be tough competitors.

In other news - I love this game - playing more than any other version!

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto_J View Post
                      Rob Keogh at Northants should probably be an all rounder.

I think Australian Leg spinner Fawad Ahmed is actually 33 and not 36.
                      Read about Fawad Ahmed cricket player from Australia profile, stats, rankings, records, videos, photos at ESPNcricinfo

Yep, you're spot on there mate

Comment

Somerset:
                        Tim Groenewald's batting ability needs increasing, he is a more than useful lower-order player
                        Jamie Overton's batting and bowling abilities need increasing, he is as good a bat as groenewald and he is a much better bowler than the game makes him out to be
                        Tom Abell's batting ability also needs increasing, he's batted very well this year and he has the potential to be a very good player

Comment

Today Durham gave a debut to Jack Burnham against Yorkshire, a promising batsman who opens for the 2nd XI. Might you add him to Durhams squad? http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...er/646003.html

Another problem is that Chris Rushworth should be bald. Real immersion breaker

Comment

Moeen Ali should probably be aggresive aswell as strong front foot, I believe he dosent like the short ball.

Steven Mullaney at Notts is a very underrated cricketer, plays every game and bowls his quota in the shorter formats at a very good economy.
                            Last edited by Dutz; 08-07-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SomersetCricketer View Post
                              Somerset:
                              Tim Groenewald's batting ability needs increasing, he is a more than useful lower-order player
                              Jamie Overton's batting and bowling abilities need increasing, he is as good a bat as groenewald and he is a much better bowler than the game makes him out to be
                              Tom Abell's batting ability also needs increasing, he's batted very well this year and he has the potential to be a very good player
                              Definitely agree with Jamie Overton has a very bright future and was called up as cover for a ODI squad

Comment

Working...
                              X