Custom Field Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Good point, I've brought this up with Chris.

Improving the use of user fields is something I've been thinking about for a while, as I believe they are so important to the game and success. Improving the speed at which they work will only encourage people to use them.

Problem is, I've always struggled to come up with a solution that covers all bases:

1) At times I like the idea of automatically linking fields to certain times in the match, however, I think this could be awkward to set up, especially as short format matches do vary. Perhaps if we were to do this, it would make sense to put the option within the field editor, so the user can adjust it?

2) Maybe linking up fields to the keyboard, works great for PC/Mac, but excludes Mobile.

I'd love some direction from you guys on this, I think we can do more to make the fields easier to use.

Linking user fields to bowling aggression is interesting, perhaps could be implemented within the system in #1.
    I'd love the ability to set up a field and then use it for all bowlers - I have to set up one set for say RF and RMF bowlers ... Then a seperate set which is exactly the same for RFM and RM

Comment

It is good to see that the developers genuinely take an interest in the feedback from your customers, in an attempt to continually improve the game.

One thing I'm still not sure on, is what the choice in the options menu refers to: "Default to user defined fields"?

I presumed that this would make the game default its fielding pre-sets to the custom ones we create ourselves, but clearly this is not the case.

Improving the use of user fields is something I've been thinking about for a while, as I believe they are so important to the game and success. Improving the speed at which they work will only encourage people to use them.

Problem is, I've always struggled to come up with a solution that covers all bases:

1) At times I like the idea of automatically linking fields to certain times in the match, however, I think this could be awkward to set up, especially as short format matches do vary. Perhaps if we were to do this, it would make sense to put the option within the field editor, so the user can adjust it?

2) Maybe linking up fields to the keyboard, works great for PC/Mac, but excludes Mobile.

I'd love some direction from you guys on this, I think we can do more to make the fields easier to use.

Linking user fields to bowling aggression is interesting, perhaps could be implemented within the system in #1.

As I mentioned in a post (which will hopefully appear above from a few days ago when it has been moderated) -- the only way I found around my issue was to edit/overwrite the original field settings instead of saving as new custom ones.

I think that all you really need to do for starters as a 'quick fix', would be to code something that simply ensures that when we select a custom field for a certain combination of line/length/aggression, and click on that old "save" button -- that the choice we've made actually stays selected, rather than always reverting to the original preset for that line/length/aggression etc.

As it stands, you go through the effort of amending your field to suit the current state of play, only to find that as soon as you change your bowling line, the game has deselected the option you chose, and reinstated the game's preset for that line once you return to it, even the very next ball.

If you could simply find a way to programme it so that when we make changes, save, and click ok - that the game actually remembers our selections, and only changes things when we make those changes ourselves. That would be great progress.

I'm sure a lot of people like to partially sim through their games for the sake of speed/time -- but there are likely others like myself, who enjoy to play it ball-by-ball, as you would captaining a real game of cricket. If I'm out there in the field and tell my strike bowler I want three overs of short stuff outside off to a certain batsman, with a late middle stump yorker thrown in towards the end of each over -- I don't expect to have to keep reminding him every ball what his intructions are and asking my fielders why they keep repositioning themselves against my instructions.

If you could simply get the game to remember what we've told it to do, that in itself would be a great help, and a vast improvement.

Comment

I'll point Chris to this thread next week.

Comment

I'll point Chris to this thread next week.
          Thank you squire.

Comment

Forward Short Leg is given a lot of importance in the game unlike reality where one wouldn't find it in a limited over game.Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	53528

Comment

Working...
            X