Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illarterate
    replied
    I bought ICC2020 earlier this week having been an avid player of ICC2006 for many years!

One thing I miss, though, is being able to right mouse click through sub-menus such as batting card/bowling card/ summary on the match screen and records/batting form etc. on the player info screen. Is there any chance this could be added back in? :-)

Also, I don't know if this is simple or more coding intensive, but is there a way to save a particular player's stats to the game when they retire? Like if you get a once-in-a-generation batsman whose stats you would like to preserve for all time. I look at the historical records screen and wish I could click on player names to see their stats at the end of their career.
    Last edited by illarterate; 07-01-2020, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cricketfan7
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbyb View Post
    A simple suggestion from me, hopefully.

Player stats, I'd like the option to be able to view progression per year eg:

2019: RUNS, AVG, 100s etc...
    2018: RUNS, AVG, 100s etc...
    2017: RUNS, AVG, 100s etc...

Think a variation of this has already been suggested but assume it wouldn't be harder to do.

Also - the ability to be able to view 2nd XI stats like this too.
    I agree with this. The last year/last year +1 stats suggest this could be possible, and would make it great to track young players especially. (NB: I haven't played CC2020 yet as I am an iPad player, but I haven't seen anything that suggests this is in game).

Leave a comment:

• bobbyb
    replied
    A simple suggestion from me, hopefully.

Player stats, I'd like the option to be able to view progression per year eg:

2019: RUNS, AVG, 100s etc...
    2018: RUNS, AVG, 100s etc...
    2017: RUNS, AVG, 100s etc...

Think a variation of this has already been suggested but assume it wouldn't be harder to do.

Also - the ability to be able to view 2nd XI stats like this too.

Leave a comment:

• s-brooks
    replied
    Chris Child is it possible to change the default field settings for limited overs matches, currently the most defensive setting is too aggressive with not enough players on the boundary edge?

Leave a comment:

• ICClover
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

Chris Child - Main issue here is with getting the AI to select the best players as it should, they know the regens that are great so pick them straight away, some after their first half season of pro cricket. Maybe a rule put in that they can't be selected before they have played 20 first class matches would help? Very few players ever will have done this... maybe James Anderson and MS Dhoni? But if this helps the game I'm sure people will be happy for it
    Would then take something away from South Asian sides where players getting picked with little or no FC experience is not abnormal

Leave a comment:

• ICClover
    replied

I agree you should have the option to resign from teams if managing multiple sides, you can resign from National but not domestic, ipl or 100 it seems
    Yes - I have been put off a career mode because if I do great as, say, Surrey and England want me, I usually say no as I do not want to be doing two jobs. Would be great if when appointed internationally, you could choose to resign from the county side

Leave a comment:

• ICClover
    replied
    Not sure if this counts as simple, but being able to change international teams would be a great feature - is it difficult to implement if done only at the end of a season to allow a database switch? I would love to be able to start as a country and then be able to see if you can make another country dominate. Like Micky Arthur!

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by EmergingCricketBattler View Post
    Granted I haven't got that far yet, but can teams outside the Test Championship enter it if their Test ranking gets inside the top 9? Likewise for say World Cups as well?
    World Cup Associate/non-Test teams will be randomised. The Test Championship is the same 9, which is why we've removed the green bar from the world ratingss screen. Creating new fixtures for the "new" Test Championship team proved to be too complicated with how internationals fixtures are set up.

Jamesy1984
    benj_2904

Resigning from a domestic side if managing two is a good idea. I like that.

Leave a comment:

• EmergingCricketBattler
    replied
    Granted I haven't got that far yet, but can teams outside the Test Championship enter it if their Test ranking gets inside the top 9? Likewise for say World Cups as well?

Leave a comment:

• bobbyb
    replied
    Originally posted by galvatron View Post

Agreed, the CPU starts putting in young guns with only a handful of FC games straight into the test team!

It happens every now and again in real life, but all the time in the game.
    But most of the youth players who end up getting called into the test team earn it - the issue is far to often a batsman (in particular) comes out of the youth team and is averaging >60 with a dozen games. For the most part those guys do get selected in real-life (Ollie Pope comes to mind).

To my untrained eye - the youth players need to start out less able (or at least with a lower maximum level) but have a greater chance of becoming much better. As has been said, at the moment it feels like you can tell in half a dozen games how good a new player will be because he's not likely to get much better.

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied

Chris Child - Main issue here is with getting the AI to select the best players as it should, they know the regens that are great so pick them straight away, some after their first half season of pro cricket. Maybe a rule put in that they can't be selected before they have played 20 first class matches would help? Very few players ever will have done this... maybe James Anderson and MS Dhoni? But if this helps the game I'm sure people will be happy for it
    Agreed, the CPU starts putting in young guns with only a handful of FC games straight into the test team!

It happens every now and again in real life, but all the time in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Jamesy1984
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
    Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
    Limit regens option

Regen balance is difficult. Is the issue here that re-gens are taking over from real players too quickly?

In a word, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Jamesy1984
    replied
    Originally posted by benj_2904 View Post
    Another request for me, which seems fairly simple (although coding may say otherwise)

I would really like to be able to stop controlling a 100 team alongside a county during a save, it seems I’m stuck into playing it every season regardless (unless I have missed something)
    I agree you should have the option to resign from teams if managing multiple sides, you can resign from National but not domestic, ipl or 100 it seems

Leave a comment:

• benj_2904
    replied
    Another request for me, which seems fairly simple (although coding may say otherwise)

I would really like to be able to stop controlling a 100 team alongside a county during a save, it seems I’m stuck into playing it every season regardless (unless I have missed something)

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Hey Chris Child thanks so much for going through them one by one.

Winter coaching

Might be possible. would need to stop the coaching being cleared at the end of the season and check to make sure the players don’t have a winter franchise or t20 team.
    Sounds good, would be great to get this in to help develop players.

Better indicators for youth potential

Not sure how you could do this without it either being too accurate (taking away the need for the player to try out players and judge their skill) or annoyingly inaccurate.
    Perhaps some sort of beginning of season message from your acedemy coach saying something along the lines of who they think could be ready for first XI cricket this season. Perhaps it could look at the average batting/bowling ability of your side and if the player is within a certain % of that they'd be included.

Quicker turnaround for opener/middle order/aggression coaching

This has been balanced so it’s not too easy to make all of your batsmen aggressive (generally worth more in the short format)
    That makes sense, at the moment it feels like a bit of a luck based thing though, I've had two saves where I've put a player on aggression coaching early on, one save he's still on it three seasons later with no change and the other save it happened within a few weeks, very frustrating. How about the opener/middle order training? In reality players moving to open or not happens reasonably regularly so feels like something which should be coachable a bit quicker.

Limit regens option

Regen balance is difficult. Is the issue here that re-gens are taking over from real players too quickly?
    In a word, yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X