Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cde
    replied
    It would also be good if young players weren't picked for the national team too young.

Almost every new game I get a player with fantastic 2nd XI averages, promote them to the 1st team where they perform much to their averages and after 5-6 FC matches get called up. They seem to perform ok for their first matches but since the AI seems to feel they should be doing better their form bar drops after which they start doing badly. From there on they seem to get called up regularly but since they don't hit what seems to be their potential they are always released with their form at rock bottom and of no use to anyone.

Leave a comment:

• cde
    replied
    Been playing for 6 years or so and to be able to move from one coaching role to another has always been something I would like. It's frustrating to be motoring along with a domestic team, leave to play a few tests and return to find the AI has fielded a quite frankly bizzare team who have been losing by an innings and a million runs for the past four matches. I'd much rather the option to leave the domestic team to coach the national team. It would also be good that if you don't do well you can lose the national role.

The other small change I woild like is the ability to change the fielder at a given position without having to shuffle the whole field. This isn't much of an issue on the desktop but can be fiddly and frustrating on a mobile!

Otherwise, great game!

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied
    Suicidal run outs... can we stop them happening so often? It's fair enough to have run outs but when your players hit the ball straight to short leg... and then run! It's just not realistic at all.

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied
    Originally posted by EdgeHead View Post
    I don't see how it would be confusing. If you were to start a season in 1995 for example then all of the records would be as at this point in time. Similarly present day cricketers would enter the game as regens year on year as they currently do at the point in time that they debuted in real life.
    I think it's a very nice idea. However, I have a feeling it doesn't fall into the "Simple Feature Requests" category.

I think this would require historical data of all players (not just international players), which possibly isn't even available. It would also require a full year-by-year breakdown of those statistics, which (even if that data is available) could be a pretty huge new feature.

Leave a comment:

• EdgeHead
    replied
    I don't see how it would be confusing. If you were to start a season in 1995 for example then all of the records would be as at this point in time. Similarly present day cricketers would enter the game as regens year on year as they currently do at the point in time that they debuted in real life.

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Something I would like to see added is to be able to start a game from previous seasons.
    How good would it be go back in time and start a game in 1980, 1990 or 2000 etc
    To re-write the wrongs of history for:

Players that never got the opportunity to play for their country.
    Like Jamie Siddons, Jamie Cox & Chris Hartley.

Players that didn’t get to play as much as they should have.
    Like Brad Hodge, Stuart Law & Stuart MacGill.

Players that were pigeon holed to the one format of the game.
    Like Michael Bevan, Justin Langer & David Hussey.

Players whose careers were hampered by injury.
    Like Shane Bond, Shaun Marsh & Ian Bishop.

Players that should never have played for their country.
    Like Bryce McGain, Rob Quiney & Shaun Young.

Players that started their international careers late

Like Mike Hussey, Graeme Swann & Misbah Ul-Haq.
    To be honest you could quite literally just find any of the previous iterations of the game from whenever the first release was (early 2000s?) And do exactly what you're saying. The core of the game has barely changed.

Leave a comment:

• ruby23
    replied
    Something I would like to see added is to be able to start a game from previous seasons.

This would create enormous confusion. All records would go awry. And present day cricketers will end up as regens! I guess you will just have to be content with playing a Custom Series. My apologies if I've hurt your sentiments.

Leave a comment:

• EdgeHead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• weetabixharry
    replied
    Originally posted by Rafat23 View Post
    I think someone commented it in a fb post. I liked the idea so leaving it here. I actually saw this feature in real cricket 20 game.

So the idea is to introduce historical world cups in tournament mode. Now we have all retired players in the game so, I don't think it should be that much tough to add this feature. It would be great fun to play WC92 or WC99. Should be a great addition to the game if this feature can be added. Thoughts??
    This is a great idea. I think this would maybe be possible with the unofficial fixture editor (once it is updated for CC 2020) and by editing the squads. I'll look into this when I can find time. Of course, an official implementation in the game will always be better.

Leave a comment:

• Jamieb689
    replied
    What would be really good is if at the toss if the AI is the away team they call at the toss not you. It feels like it should be a simple thing to do and would make the game better and more realistic.

Leave a comment:

• adil
    replied
    Would love to see a dedicated area for current run rate and required run rate in limited overs and current run rate in tests
    Chris Child

Leave a comment:

• Rafat23
    replied
    I think someone commented it in a fb post. I liked the idea so leaving it here. I actually saw this feature in real cricket 20 game.

So the idea is to introduce historical world cups in tournament mode. Now we have all retired players in the game so, I don't think it should be that much tough to add this feature. It would be great fun to play WC92 or WC99. Should be a great addition to the game if this feature can be added. Thoughts??

Leave a comment:

• djmaddison8
    replied
    Hi, I've not played the game for a few years but just downloaded 2020 and loving all the new features, especially the amount of different countries and tournaments you can play in and switch between. I don't know how popular this would be or how easy it is to implement, but how about having an option to pick a random team to start your career as? Or even start off unemployed and get offered jobs? I know a lot of people probably have an idea of what team they want to be before they start but it might be good if you're having trouble deciding? I remember having that option in Football Manager (although I haven't played that for even longer!) and really enjoying it

Leave a comment:

• hitthestump
    replied
    I'd really like the ability to save notable scorecards within the game rather than outside it.

Same goes for saving certain retired players records to look back on and see how your regens compare to previous legends.

The records should include a list of the all time run scorers and wicket takers for that club or country.

Leave a comment:

• Jamesy1984
    replied
    Originally posted by illarterate View Post
    I bought ICC2020 earlier this week having been an avid player of ICC2006 for many years!

One thing I miss, though, is being able to right mouse click through sub-menus such as batting card/bowling card/ summary on the match screen and records/batting form etc. on the player info screen. Is there any chance this could be added back in? :-)

Also, I don't know if this is simple or more coding intensive, but is there a way to save a particular player's stats to the game when they retire? Like if you get a once-in-a-generation batsman whose stats you would like to preserve for all time. I look at the historical records screen and wish I could click on player names to see their stats at the end of their career.
    When you look at player record screen and chose all players you can tick include retired in the bottom right and you get history of all players

Leave a comment:

Working...
X