Introduce yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone
    I'm Harry, I'm 16 and from the sunny south of England. I started playing cricket at the age of 9 and recently retired last year after dropping 3 catches in one game for my school, I'm worse than Phil Tuffnel. I use to bowl very slow medium pace which would bore the batsmen to sleep and cause him to miss by slower ball disguised as a full toss.

I'm a massive cricket fan, I've got a Wisden cricket subscription which I highly recommend, my first live game was KP first as Captain against SA at the Oval, we got them all out for 173 I think, I'm a kent fan in practice, I've seen them at T-20 but I'm mainly into international cricket.

And yes despite being young I despise Twenty Twenty

Comment

Im 28, from Melbourne Australia!

Ive played this game since the very first one years and years ago, I have also always been apart of the forum whether it just being looking or actually having proper conversations.

Ive also played cricket since I was about 10, currently I play 4s at my local club due to me working till 2pm every saturday so I cant play in the 1s.
      We won the Flag last year aswell!!
      ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

It is great to hear all of your experiences of cricket!

Comment

Hey everyone,

I loved the idea of the story threads so much that I just posted my own straight away, but should have introduced myself.
          My name is Daragh, it's Irish, I'm from London and as you might have guessed, I'm a massive Ireland fan, if they aren't given test cricket soon we'll take to the streets! I'm also a Middlesex fan, but love test cricket, something about it which gets me angry when others say it is boring!
          I love to play cricket, I'm jack of all trades and master of none, I love to wicket keep, but I also like to take the gloves off and bowl some off-spin, though I've lost what I once had. Known as a leg-side player I've tried to become a test batsman by just not slogging and hitting singles to the off-side!

Just graduated from university with a history degree, so enjoying a summer of cricket!
          Hope to talk to you all soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DWJP View Post
            Hey everyone,

I loved the idea of the story threads so much that I just posted my own straight away, but should have introduced myself.
            My name is Daragh, it's Irish, I'm from London and as you might have guessed, I'm a massive Ireland fan, if they aren't given test cricket soon we'll take to the streets! I'm also a Middlesex fan, but love test cricket, something about it which gets me angry when others say it is boring!
            I love to play cricket, I'm jack of all trades and master of none, I love to wicket keep, but I also like to take the gloves off and bowl some off-spin, though I've lost what I once had. Known as a leg-side player I've tried to become a test batsman by just not slogging and hitting singles to the off-side!

Just graduated from university with a history degree, so enjoying a summer of cricket!
            Hope to talk to you all soon.
            Great choice of degree, I'm on history and politics myself :P

Whereabouts did you study?
            Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Wow, interesting thread so far.

I'm 17, live in South Australia (yes, home of the worst Australian FC team in the last half a decade), never really been into playing sports competitively (I play cricket most Fridays with some younger kids at a youth group) so haven't ever played in a proper game of cricket. I always enjoyed trying to spin the ball, but I've never been all that good at it. I'm a decent medium/medium-fast bowler at my church group though and I got some coaching lessons from a guy who played club cricket with Ashley Mallet back in the day which was really informative and taught me a lot of things about how to bowl with a proper action so I'm more accurate than I used to be. My batting is pretty average, and I tend to make Afridi-like scores at my youth group (smashing it everywhere until I miss one, which is usually pretty early).

So yeah, very much more into following cricket rather than actually playing it. I have a part of my bookshelf dedicated to cricket, was one of those guys who bought 10 boxes of weet-bix to get a promotional cap and I own every edition of the ICC game from 05 onwards (excluding 2007). Education-wise I'm almost done with high school and looking forward to doing some sort of chemistry/engineering-based course at university next year.

Also I hate my username, damn 13 year-old me...

Comment

Haha, I don't know. NSW would give them a run for their money!!

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                  Haha, I don't know. NSW would give them a run for their money!!
                  It's really no contest, SA were last in each of the last 4 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Shield

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
                    Great choice of degree, I'm on history and politics myself :P

Whereabouts did you study?
                    Hey Dave, my degree was practically history and politics, I was forced to do so many politics modules, despised them haha.

I studied at Brunel University in west London. Yourself?

Comment

Working...
                    X