No announcement yet.

Could not fin compatible ScreenMode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, right click the game shortcut and select properties, now select Shortcut and then in the Run option you will have three options. 'Normal Window' should be default, set it to Maximised, then Apply and OK. After that can you select the Compatibility tab (still within the game properties menu as above) and tick 'run this program in compatibility mode for' and select XP Service Pack 3, apply and OK. I'm not convinced this is the issue, but worth trying out.

Do you have a separate graphics card installed?

If not, I think you need to uninstall and then re-install your drivers to ensure they haven't been corrupted somehow.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-14-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Okay, right click the game shortcut and select properties, now select Shortcut and then in the Run option you will have three options. 'Normal Window' should be default, set it to Maximised, then Apply and OK. After that can you select the Compatibility tab (still within the game properties menu as above) and tick 'run this program in compatibility mode for' and select XP Service Pack 3, apply and OK. I'm not convinced this is the issue, but worth trying out.

Do you have a separate graphics card installed?

If not, I think you need to uninstall and then re-install your drivers to ensure they haven't been corrupted somehow.
      I Do not have a seperate graphics card but games with high end graphics works fine on mine pc. My trial period got timed out two weeks back so i cannot try the option you have given me. :-(

Comment

Can you contact us through the contact page and we can give you a new 2-day trial code to try out these new things.

I still think you need to try uninstalling and re-installing drivers, even if they are up to date, they can corrupt.

Have you successfully run previous versions of the game?

Comment

Can you contact us through the contact page and we can give you a new 2-day trial code to try out these new things.

I still think you need to try uninstalling and re-installing drivers, even if they are up to date, they can corrupt.

Have you successfully run previous versions of the game?

This is a brand new laptop. so i have not tried any other ICC games in this before.

Comment

Nithoos - Is your laptop HP and have you got the drivers for it direct from HP?

CricketFan - Is your tablet HP and have you got the drivers for it direct from HP?

Comment

Nithoos - Is your laptop HP and have you got the drivers for it direct from HP?

CricketFan - Is your tablet HP and have you got the drivers for it direct from HP?
              I have an Asus SmartTab Win8 tablet. This is full version of Windows8 and not the RT version. It does have an integrated graphics chip, but the game trial did appear to work. Cricket Captain 2012 doesn't work however.

As for touchscreen response, it appeared to be intermittment with touchscreen response to a corresponding menu option or in-game command etc.

Comment

Trial of 2013 worked with some issues, but 2012 doesn't work at all? Do you get an error with 2012?

Comment

Error was listed in the 2012 forum thread I think.

2013 trial worked, but after I updated with the purchased licence, it now black screens on startup of the game.

I reinstalled the game. Initially it worked, but erratically to keyboard use...Touch screen didn't work at all. Reboot of the tablet, and now the game comes up with another error. CreateDevice (null)

The lastest version of Directx is loaded on this tablet.

I'd suggest it still has issues somehow with the integrated graphics chip.
                  Last edited by CricketFan; 08-11-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X