No announcement yet.

Unable to open game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok now that uni is done for the year I can try to get this working.

Is it possible to get a new trial sureshot? Cheers

Comment

I have just downloaded the trial, and have tried all of the fixes suggested here but I'm getting the same problem. I get to the purchase/trial/license/exit screen that opens initially. I click trial, and then nothing. No error message, nothing at all.

I'm running Windows 7 with Comodo. All of the necessary files have been given trusted status with the firewall, no iTunes/Skype, in XP SP3 compatibility with administrator status. Nothing happening, which is a shame.

Comment

Comodo is known to cause problems.

Click the Windows Start Orb
        In the search bar type Services and press enter
        You should now have a list of services running on your machine, scroll down to LicCtrl Service, the status should be Started (note, Starting means it needs to be restarted) and the Startup should be Automatic. If neither of these are correct then you can change them by double clicking on the service.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          Comodo is known to cause problems.

Click the Windows Start Orb
          In the search bar type Services and press enter
          You should now have a list of services running on your machine, scroll down to LicCtrl Service, the status should be Started (note, Starting means it needs to be restarted) and the Startup should be Automatic. If neither of these are correct then you can change them by double clicking on the service.
          Thanks for the suggestion.

I've checked the LicCtrl Service settings previously and also tried running with Comodo disabled, but neither makes any difference.

Comment

hi.
            i am new to this forum here. I've been having problems with ICC 2013. Where can I report the problem in this forum to get it resolved?
            Apologies if the comment has been made in the wrong section of the forum.

Comment

Hi,

Do you also have the unresponsive issue when starting the game? Have you tried all suggestions in this thread?

Press the windows key and type Services in the search bar (or Run Command)
              Scroll down to LicCtrl Service
              check status
              Status should be started (note, starting means it probably needs restarting), if not right click and select properties.
              The Startup type should be Automatic, if not, please change it.
              Last edited by Sureshot; 12-20-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Via my tinkering I have been able to get the 2012 version running again on my new laptop. Still would like a new trial to see if it has fixed the issue in 2013 if that is possible.

Comment

I finally got 2013 working after giving up on 2011 and 2012.

My problem was with ZoneAlarm, but may be the same for other firewalls. I switched off my internet connection, shut down ZoneAlarm, then from the task manager sorted all processes by description and shut down any still running by the firewall. For me it was a ZoneAlarm Browser Security process called ISWSVC.exe

I've gone back and undone most of the other changes mentioned in this thread and it's working fine still, other than England being ridiculously overpowered.

Comment

Working...
                  X