Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed it is. Nigel will be posting about this shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
      Hate to ruin the suspense, but it is now, DvDDD.
      Hah

So the update I did this morning for 23/24 is out of date already

Comment

Yes, but the 2nd update is just some minor bug fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
          Yes, but the 2nd update is just some minor bug fixes.
          appreciate Dr Chris for such Hard work
          After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
          Is my Next Dream

Comment

Cheers Chris

Comment

Training to be an Opener?

This is an idea now as the "opener in xxx" category is now on the batting preferences screen for each player: could it be possible to train a batsman to open in the coach & physio screen, along with the current options to train in fast/spin legside/offside back/front batting as present? It's not a major thing and I'm opening with a batsman who can't open atm, just a possible other option when you're on the coaching screen May be a problem with the code though if you train a bowler to open though, but maybe it's not a hard one possibly to implement in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by essexarsenal View Post
                Few things from me,
                2. International teams change so quickly. In one year you have youth players playing for england instead of the current young players like Hales, Bairstow, Butler etc. Links into 3rd point.

3. Youth players can be to good. When you have youth coaching on 50k, you get to good youth players, in their first year of county cricket are scoring way more runs than anyone else.
                I think the youth balance is good. Last year in real life de Lange and Cummins appeared from nowhere and made a splash so it can happen. Personally I have not had a first season youth player appear and go on to play for country and I spend 50K on it.
                Last edited by Sureshot; 07-30-2012, 11:56 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Comment

Two very small features I think need to be added:

1)Allow the AI to pick bowlers, allrounders and 'keepers as captains. Ever since the first ICC the AI will only ever pick the most experienced batsman as captain. The only exception is say when you start say a NZ game and Vettori has already been somehow pre-assigned as captain.

2)In the English county game at the end of season contracts, make it so there are no signing of any reserve overseas players. Instead when an overseas player becomes injured or selected for a T20 league or their country during the county season immediately bring up a list of available overseas players to sign. Too often both my overseas and reserve overseas players will be stuck playing in T20 leagues at the same time which defeats the purpose of selecting reserve overseas players.
                  YouTube
                  Facebook

Comment

At the moment there are two factors affecting how the pitch plays in the game: eveness of bounce and wear/rough. How about introducing a third parameter - pace..

A fast wicket with a true bounce will help batsman and hinder most bowlers apart from Fast and to a lesser extent Fast-medium bowlers. Medium-fast and medium bowlers would gain nothing. A fast wicket with uneven bounce would help the bowlers but as the ball is generally coming onto the bat it may still be possible for a skilled batsman to score some runs.

A slow, even bouncing pitch will generally help all batsmen apart from those who want to score quickly (cf the oval 2012 England vs South Africa). Bowlers will struggle to get batsmen out who are playing a grafting game. Spinners might have some luck, especially as it wears.
                    A slow pitch with uneven bounce will be tricky to score on and bowlers may have luck with LBWS etc, although edges may not carry etc etc

You get the gist - would add an interesting tactical element to batting and bowling if pitches had a pace, wear and bounce parameter in addition to weather factors.. It would certainly create more variance in what is considered a par score from wicket to wicket and format to format.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                      At the moment there are two factors affecting how the pitch plays in the game: eveness of bounce and wear/rough. How about introducing a third parameter - pace..

A fast wicket with a true bounce will help batsman and hinder most bowlers apart from Fast and to a lesser extent Fast-medium bowlers. Medium-fast and medium bowlers would gain nothing. A fast wicket with uneven bounce would help the bowlers but as the ball is generally coming onto the bat it may still be possible for a skilled batsman to score some runs.

A slow, even bouncing pitch will generally help all batsmen apart from those who want to score quickly (cf the oval 2012 England vs South Africa). Bowlers will struggle to get batsmen out who are playing a grafting game. Spinners might have some luck, especially as it wears.
                      A slow pitch with uneven bounce will be tricky to score on and bowlers may have luck with LBWS etc, although edges may not carry etc etc

You get the gist - would add an interesting tactical element to batting and bowling if pitches had a pace, wear and bounce parameter in addition to weather factors.. It would certainly create more variance in what is considered a par score from wicket to wicket and format to format.

Any thoughts?

Grounds could have "typical" pitch characteristics... I know they do now, but we could have differences between the pitch at the Oval and Headingley etc. Nuances within a country etc
                      Last edited by Graham_5000; 08-10-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I am not sure whether these are new features or not, but I have played this game to 2031 and have noticed some interesting things which I would like to share.

The first one is that obviously the computer can pick up on abilities which the user cannot, which makes these two players very interesting. They both have no second team bowling averages, yet the computer recognises that they have high bowling ratings so begins to bowl them and before you know it they are true allrounders!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	true_allrounder1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	52918Click image for larger version

Name:	true_allrounder2.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	52919
                        YouTube
                        Facebook

Comment

This one may be a bit more of a co-incidence, but I think it is pretty neat.
                          Players within certain teams having the same surnames which gives off the impression to the user that they are brothers.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	SL_brothers.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	52920Click image for larger version

Name:	WI_brothers.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	52921
                          YouTube
                          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                            I am not sure whether these are new features or not, but I have played this game to 2031 and have noticed some interesting things which I would like to share.

The first one is that obviously the computer can pick up on abilities which the user cannot, which makes these two players very interesting. They both have no second team bowling averages, yet the computer recognises that they have high bowling ratings so begins to bowl them and before you know it they are true allrounders!
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]556[/ATTACH]
                            I think there are too many keepers bowling. Ned Eckersly picks up loads of wickets on my games even though in real life I don't think he's ever bowled.

Comment

First the new features REVIEW:

1. Historical Records - Very Very Nice and important added feature to the game.
                              2. Series stat - Again quite a handy feature to the game
                              3. Indian/Australian T20 Legues - Very Important and good add on. Adds excitement to the game.

PROBLEMS:

1. Steven Finn, Vernon Philander - These two player Bowling ratings are RIDICULOUSLY High! Needs to be lowered down
                              2. Chris Gayle, Brendonn McCullum, Shahid Afridi - The Two players are T20 and ODI giants. There Batting rating is ridiculously low and Afridis bowling too. Need to be increased.
                              3. No AUCTION system - There aint no auctions for the IPL. You buy the players the conventional way. That completely ruins the fun, believe me.
                              4. INDIAN ALLROUNDERS: There aren't any good young all rounders being produced in INDIAN team. Needs to be corrected!

Suggestions for the FUTURE FEATURES:

1. Add more Domestic Legues to the game.
                              2. Add the auction feature to IPL.
                              3. Champions legue Addition is to be made

AND NOW THE 2 MOST IMPORTANT ONES:

Player Editor: Player should be allowed to change the cricketers rating, age, name EVERYTHING!
                              CREATE PLAYER: It should allow the player to create a cricketer of his own and add more flexibility to the game!

Comment

Originally posted by lakshay View Post
                                First the new features REVIEW:

1. Historical Records - Very Very Nice and important added feature to the game.
                                2. Series stat - Again quite a handy feature to the game
                                3. Indian/Australian T20 Legues - Very Important and good add on. Adds excitement to the game.

PROBLEMS:

1. Steven Finn, Vernon Philander - These two player Bowling ratings are RIDICULOUSLY High! Needs to be lowered down
                                2. Chris Gayle, Brendonn McCullum, Shahid Afridi - The Two players are T20 and ODI giants. There Batting rating is ridiculously low and Afridis bowling too. Need to be increased.
                                3. No AUCTION system - There aint no auctions for the IPL. You buy the players the conventional way. That completely ruins the fun, believe me.
                                4. INDIAN ALLROUNDERS: There aren't any good young all rounders being produced in INDIAN team. Needs to be corrected!

Suggestions for the FUTURE FEATURES:

1. Add more Domestic Legues to the game.
                                2. Add the auction feature to IPL.
                                3. Champions legue Addition is to be made

AND NOW THE 2 MOST IMPORTANT ONES:

Player Editor: Player should be allowed to change the cricketers rating, age, name EVERYTHING!
                                CREATE PLAYER: It should allow the player to create a cricketer of his own and add more flexibility to the game!
                                Mainly agree but India do produce heaps of young all rounders who are excellent. Steven Finn and Philander aren't overrated as they could be big stars in the future but the rest I agree with

Comment

Working...
                                X