This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHMG View Post
    I think one good feature to add will be to able to switch btw differents state or domestic teams like from Durham one can be able to switch to captaining Surrey or Somerset i suppose it can be like at the end of each season in FIFA Soccer Game we switch from management of one team to another team who is interested in availing our services due to good performance or repute may be from a lower club to higher club with bigger finance available to boolster our team .. At the end of each season there can be a performance evaluator which tell us which teams are offering us jobs like i suggest The FIFA model where we can continue with our current job or switch to other better available prospects .. How Abt That Guys ?? ..
    .. or you could just start a new game as captain of the different team

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
      .. or you could just start a new game as captain of the different team
      New game = go back to original dates and player database.

Switching in middle means you can switch to a poorer team and build them up every few years. It's also fun to watch how your old team performs. Would add more immersion to the game IMO.
      Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
        New game = go back to original dates and player database.

Switching in middle means you can switch to a poorer team and build them up every few years. It's also fun to watch how your old team performs. Would add more immersion to the game IMO.
        Well I guess it is a concept of sorts .. still think its a case of "start with team .. teams no good .. move to another team.

Why not just stick with your original team and make the necessary changes to improve them yourself

Have never really considered the "benefits" of managing a different team every season ... I don't see the point

IMHO it's adding new functionality for the sake of it

Comment

n how abt sticking with the same team n achieving the same milestone everytime e.g : consider u r toping all rankings for past 3 seasons wont u get bored playing with the same team or doing the same stuff again n again like achieving same ranking with same team or rather would like to help a Division 2 team at that point of time to rebuild n win D1 league at some point a much bigger challenge .. See my point is when u achieve the max. at one place u move on to another place n start a new challenge .. i totally agree with Isura's point!!

Comment

Well I guess it is a concept of sorts .. still think its a case of "start with team .. teams no good .. move to another team.

Why not just stick with your original team and make the necessary changes to improve them yourself

Have never really considered the "benefits" of managing a different team every season ... I don't see the point

He wants it because he's creating county winning teams and wants to change to a rubbish team to see how he can do with them.

Comment

New Features

added detail in the search
              this is mainly for international selection. rather than just going by average i'd like to be able to search by runs, wickets, strike rate.
              or which keeper has the most dismissals.
              or, even more detail:
              which opener has the most run
              which spinner has the best economy rate
              etc.
              also, changing the 'filter few' option so it's more flexible
              this would be a huge difference to international selections

i'd love to be able to change teams

i'd quite like to see a youth system to play with

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                He wants it because he's creating county winning teams and wants to change to a rubbish team to see how he can do with them.
                Then just start with a rubbish team .... Bingo !!!

Comment

Then just start with a rubbish team .... Bingo !!!
                  I'll give you a great reason to add the ability to change between teams. I started a game as NSW and "gain it," for England. Now I've become England coach, I've really no idea who's looking good in the counties. I do tend to check out most games to see who's on form etc so I'm at a loss now.

I could just start again, but the thing is, I've got a settled England team and I'm phasing out the Ian Bell's, Alistair Cook's, Anderson's and Broads and its a fun challenge but I'm totally disillusioned by the NSW bit of my job, and I don't tend to give it much time.

I think ICC2013 needs to have a hire/fire type of thing, hell, even create the coaches and give them attributes and see where people go, it all adds another element to the overall game and lets be honest ICC could use all the elements.

Comment

i totally agree, i think it would be more interesting.

i'd also like to be able to coach fielding, the number of dropped catched drives me mad

Comment

Any feedback from the devs here would be nice
                      Is this something you guys would consider ?

Comment

along similar lines to the above requests I would love the ability (when playing international only as either Eng or Aus) to see the county/state scores of my country's teams.

2 reasons - 1 to follow the form of players more closely

and secondly it adds to the realism of players stats - currently when playing international, everyone from an entire state/county squad plays the full allotment of FC matches (or at least racks up FC, OD & T20 stats to represent that happening). but in real life (or in ICC when playing as a county/state team) we know that within each squad there are a bunch of players who might be stuck in the 2nds all year and only play a couple of OD matches.

Outside of this issue it is also weird to see players whose team is listed as 'Australian Chairman's XI' racking up FC stats every year when in reality you need to be signed up to a state side in order for play FC cricket in Aus.

Comment

Another addition I'd like is a quick view run down of all types of games.

I believe ICC needs total revamp as far as information goes. Currently its a big ol' list of everyone playing County Championship and their averages, HS, SR etc.

Why can't we have one screen, much like Sky Sports do on the right hand side that gives the 5 top scorers, highest score, wicket takers etc. and make it ultra accessible for everything from International, County and IPL. Include 2nd XI stats so when in charge of England or whoever you can get familiar with names years before they make the scene.

I think 2013's motto needs to be "simplicity," as it'll work across PC/Mac and onto the mobile devices.

Comment

Nonsense. Is it realistic to coach 1 team for 20 years, 50 years?? Coaches change times all the time. Almost all sports games with a career mode give the user the option to change teams at some point.
                            Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
                              Nonsense. Is it realistic to coach 1 team for 20 years, 50 years?? Coaches change times all the time. Almost all sports games with a career mode give the user the option to change teams at some point.
                              Ok but my compromise would be as in Football Manager you would need to apply for the other teams coaching position once they were available rather than simply taking over the best team in the league

This means you'd need to have the individuals teams having a committee who have an opinion on how the team is performing.

Sackings would need to exist here to as how else would other jobs b ome available ?

Very complex so not as straight forward IMO as some might think ..

Comment

I would like to see 3 small new features in next edition...

1) I would like to see an notification while playing a match like in real...like if a batsman scores 50, 100, 150 or 200 n so on...v should get update tht its his 5th century or 8th century....same way for bowlers when they reach a milestone...if a bowler takes 50th or 100th wkt n so on...v should get on screen notification...

2) I would certainly like to see in International career the stadium and city names...for eg:- if i m touring Australia i want to see in which cities i will be playing test matches and one days...

3) I would like to see a feature like in fifa games in which v can see players attributes and overall strength...so it will be easy for us to train players and select better players...

Comment

Working...
                                X