This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Features Discussion

So, sort of like the First Impressions thread, but a bit more direct about the new features for 2012. The idea of this is to see not only what you think of the main new features, but where you 'd like to see us take them in the future.

Historical Records
    Player Retirements
    Series Stats (This gets split in to two sections, the selection tool side of it and the "I like everything to do with numbers" side)
    Indian 20 over/Australian 20 over

Please keep this to the new features, rather than telling us what other new features you want, there will be other threads for that. We're trying to narrow down on these ones specifically, we have our own ideas on this of course, but be good to see what you think.

All the new features listed there I really liked. I'll suggest some ideas of developing these features later when I have time!

Comment

Of the top of my head, there could possibly be a series mode where you can pick all retired players to make the best team from a country and play with them?

Comment

Retired Players Stats for me is the short of the match, though i liked edit name feature as well where we can change the name of our FC side. its great.

Comment

I love this game like anything. Playing this for years. Please do something about batting issue, its way way way too pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
            I love this game like anything. Playing this for years. Please do something about batting issue, its way way way too pathetic
            Initially I found it a problem but now I'm finding it easy. Won the IPL twice in a row with Mumbai Indians on Normal mode. It's all about trial and error and finding out what works best. Batsmen with different aggressions play better with different aggression bars. I also always keep wickets in hand in T20s and the last 8 overs I go all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
              Initially I found it a problem but now I'm finding it easy. Won the IPL twice in a row with Mumbai Indians on Normal mode. It's all about trial and error and finding out what works best. Batsmen with different aggressions play better with different aggression bars. I also always keep wickets in hand in T20s and the last 8 overs I go all out.
              you use custom field settings coz I don't use and I lose the matches in IPL.

Comment

Originally posted by anuragvivek93 View Post
                you use custom field settings coz I don't use and I lose the matches in IPL.
                Yeah, after the powerplays I replicated custom fields that is used in real life for middle overs. At the death (last 4 overs) I bowl full outside off with offside field (not a custom field).

Comment

Few things from me,

1. England line up is always wrong when you play straight away. Pietersen 3, Trott batting at 4, Proir at 6 etc.

2. International teams change so quickly. In one year you have youth players playing for england instead of the current young players like Hales, Bairstow, Butler etc. Links into 3rd point.

3. Youth players can be to good. When you have youth coaching on 50k, you get to good youth players, in their first year of county cricket are scoring way more runs than anyone else.

4. Think its the 50 over world cup when you play with the automaticaly selected england or any nation team for that year. There should be an option where you can pick the team OR use team which was in the world cup.

5. I know you have said you have updated player records, yet still few are still wrong, e.g Ben Foakes for Essex. Currently you have him down as only playing one first class game etc.

6. Lastly, match series what I use most. Think their should be an option where you can pick the team for the other side you want to play instead of it automattically doing it ?

Overall, enjoying game a lot. Lot harder than last years Im finding.

Comment

7. Batting form / Bowling Form - When you click on the bar you can see the scorecard maybe ?

8. Have a mode which turns of injuries, does my head in when my best players gets injured for 6 weeks !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by essexarsenal View Post
                      8. Have a mode which turns of injuries, does my head in when my best players gets injured for 6 weeks !!!!!!!!
                      That's part of what happens in real life though.

Comment

Originally posted by essexarsenal View Post
                        Few things from me,

5. I know you have said you have updated player records, yet still few are still wrong, e.g Ben Foakes for Essex. Currently you have him down as only playing one first class game etc.
                        He'd only played one FC game before this season. Data is correct up until the beginning of the English county season.

Comment

I think one good feature to add will be to able to switch btw differents state or domestic teams like from Durham one can be able to switch to captaining Surrey or Somerset i suppose it can be like at the end of each season in FIFA Soccer Game we switch from management of one team to another team who is interested in availing our services due to good performance or repute may be from a lower club to higher club with bigger finance available to boolster our team .. At the end of each season there can be a performance evaluator which tell us which teams are offering us jobs like i suggest The FIFA model where we can continue with our current job or switch to other better available prospects .. How Abt That Guys ?? ..

Comment

And i would like this small feature to also add up in this list that whenever there is someone injured during the ongoing tour we can call some replacement for him then wait untill he is fully fit i mean this never happens in real cricket as u r permitted to call in replacements for injured players to have full squad of fit player atleast to play with the whole tour .. recent being M Starc coming in for B Lee in Australia Tour Of England n Lee was sent home for that option will give us max. benefit in captaining with max. options available .. this is very common these days it can be seen as players are rested to give opportunity to other bench players like Swann n co rested for Tredwell in others in last Odi's .. So i think this add-up feature will work great for the game .. Plz do take that into account ..

Comment

It can be done if at start when we r picking teams for some tour there can be room for 4 to 5 reserve players that are selected with team n can be called when neeeded maybe due to injury or being rested .. they can be replaced with anyone on the tour it will be good!!

Comment

Working...
                              X