International Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Selection

How does the AI select players for internationals... I am a little perplexed with some of the decisions because i had a player who averaged over 45 in all forms of the game with over 15,000 first class runs and 30+ hundreds but never got selected for England...

I got fed up waiting for him to be selected and finally took on the reigns of the English team one season and selected him. At aged 34, he makes his international debut and boom... 3 50's in the World Cup T20 in 6 innings and scores of 180 and 50 in his test Debut in Pakistan and a couple of 50's in 5 odi matches...

I dont understand why he was never selected (he came through my youth system by the way).

Originally posted by Sitting_Ducks View Post
    How does the AI select players for internationals... I am a little perplexed with some of the decisions because i had a player who averaged over 45 in all forms of the game with over 15,000 first class runs and 30+ hundreds but never got selected for England...

I got fed up waiting for him to be selected and finally took on the reigns of the English team one season and selected him. At aged 34, he makes his international debut and boom... 3 50's in the World Cup T20 in 6 innings and scores of 180 and 50 in his test Debut in Pakistan and a couple of 50's in 5 odi matches...

I dont understand why he was never selected (he came through my youth system by the way).
    It doesn't depends upon how much centuries and half centuries made by your player. It depends on the player inner ability that is how much points having batsman.
    Also England will choose a player having good batting abilities. It doesn't matter how much avg manage by your player.
    Last edited by Batista_Bomb; 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

thats not realistic though.... i feel performance should be rewarded...

Comment

this issue is here in the forums for ages and still the rubbish AI always go for the hidden abilities rather than performance, don't waste your energies on this issue 'cause its not gonna change.

Comment

I agree. but the problem is, I think this version of ICC could the worst so far for AI International selection.

The issue i have is that the AI cannot stick with the same team. With the Australian side one year i watched them rotate batsmen almost every game of the season!!! (OK, Hilditch had his fun with our spinners but surely we dont need to take it to this level of reality haha??) Also from series to series the historical form of a batsman seems to count for nothing. As has been suggested, it is based off the hidden ratings of players so im thinking there must be a whole load of aussie batsman all around the same ratings?

The 10 year old AI issues are still there too;

the top rated batsman in the squad could scored 10 consecutive ducks and still get picked.

The number 1 spin bowler in the world could average under 10 with the ball and still not get picked if it's a "fast bowlers" pitch.

any number of promising youth players can & will be selected to play whether they have performed well or not at FC level. doesnt even matter if they havent played at all at FC level if their hidden rating is high enough!!

What needs to be developed for future versions of ICC is a formula combining the "hidden ability" of a player against his match experience, overall performance at lower levels, career record at International level, and current form.

This should hopefully result in the AI being more realistic and persisting with an out of form superstar, waiting for the young players to perform before choosing them, and dropping other players for poor form.

Comment

just look real face

As you guys are talking about ICC AI selection , not happen is real life
            so look below the real life selection
            Then you will come to know the real fact of ICC selection on bases of
            real life

1-David Hussey :
            ------------
            First Class : Batting Avg 54.85
            Test : No Selection

2-S Badrinath Age 31 Debut Age 29
            -----------
            First Class : Batting Avg 62.31
            Test : Batting Avg 21
            Still not current selection

3-Parthiv Patel Age 26
            ------------
            One day : Batting Avg 28 S/R 80
            ODI : Batting Avg 29 S/R 75

Selection : still selected

4- Steven Smith is also example of hidden rating that selectors see

There are many more so

That is in real life also some lucky to get in some not, Some have good
            Domestic Stats still not work in International

So What ICC Did that right
            I think Now you could got my point
            Last edited by cricfan1; 10-02-2011, 09:51 AM.
            After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
            Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
              So What ICC Did that right
              I think Now you could got my point
              I think not I get point your me no speak bad english

Comment

Originally posted by batcarry View Post
                this issue is here in the forums for ages and still the rubbish AI always go for the hidden abilities rather than performance, don't waste your energies on this issue 'cause its not gonna change.
                Yeah - auto selection AI is rubbish all out.
                The guys it picks for your team in your absence (if you are captaining England) are shockingly bad.
                I had two off spinners both FC averaging about 16 and with over 1000 first class wickets each, one 28yo the other 29yo, and it would only ever pick one, and pick a seamer with an average in the low 40's instead.

This was with having my groundsman make spinning pitches as well.

Then the central contracts are just plain random. I had a chap in the 2 day trial called "P Lewis" I'd never heard of him, but in 2012 he was in the England side (I didn't captain them) had a central contract, and in 4 tests (he got injured) didn't aggregate 50 runs.

Who was left out....?

Trott!

I mean what is that all about?

Even when you control Englamd you have zero say in the central contracts. IMO you should have say 3 players you could nominate (let's say 12 central contracts, selection team of 4 - these days nearly always includes the captain - so on average you get 1/4 of the "vote power" to simplify things you get to choose 3 central contracts out of the 12 going)

But no - I have to put up with centrally contracted players I wouldn't pick in a month of Sundays.

Needs a fix. It might only be a tweak, but it needs sorting

Scritty
                The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Working...
                X