X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrahamB
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewie View Post
    Personally I don't see normal mode as that challenging, while easy mode is extremely simple so I feel the naming is pretty accurate
    If one uses default field settings and standard bowling tactics (without getting fancy) plus sensible batting tactics, the results should be pretty much in line with the game stats. Basing this on the other sports management games I've played or still play.

I'm talking about international mode, which from experience plays differently from the county game?
    Last edited by GrahamB; 08-17-2011, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chewie
    replied
    Personally I don't see normal mode as that challenging, while easy mode is extremely simple so I feel the naming is pretty accurate

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    Speaking as an experienced sports management gamer, I seriously think that you should rename normal mode to hard mode and easy mode to normal mode. Not sure how others feel about this suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Can you contact us via the Contact page? Won't be able to send an attachment straight away, but will do once I've replied.
    Done.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Can you contact us via the Contact page? Won't be able to send an attachment straight away, but will do once I've replied.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    Where do I send the save game file to so you can view a 3D bug?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    Yes - this is a surprisingly tough bug to fix. Once we're sure a few other things are stable we'll fix this.

Leave a comment:

• Themer
    replied
    Originally posted by Isura View Post
    This bug has been around since ICC 2010 (and probably earlier). In limited overs games the total overs is often miscounted by 1.
    Here's an example, I win the match in exactly 19 overs, but it's miscounted as 18 overs in the bowling figures and scorecard.
    Chris has said that he's aware of it but that its too dangerous to fix it as things stand for fear of affecting various other things.

As far as I can tell its on the to do list for next years.

Leave a comment:

• Isura
    replied
    This bug has been around since ICC 2010 (and probably earlier). In limited overs games the total overs is often miscounted by 1.
    Here's an example, I win the match in exactly 19 overs, but it's miscounted as 18 overs in the bowling figures and scorecard.

Leave a comment:

• pearljammonkey
    replied
    ok heres a 'bug' to have a look at...

when you look at the field settings and select to see all scoring shots by all batsmen, the scoring shots made by the left handed batsmen in the team do not reverse. if you just selct a certain batsman, then the field does reverse accordingly, but the problem occurs when you select to see all shots by all batsmen.

so if there have been 2 scoring shots so far in the match, 1 being a Ponting (RH) cut shot through point for four, and the other a Mike Hussey (LH) pull shot through square leg for four, the 2 boundaries will actually show on the field settings as having been scored in the same spot. In reality, the hussey shot should be reversed to show it had travelled through the square leg region.

this matters because if you are looking for a trend in scoring zones and want to cut off a particular area, then this feature is useless if you have been bowling to both left and right handed batsmen.

Leave a comment:

• Jeppo
    replied
    I've seen a few replays in which full length balls are cut or pulled instead of driven.

I've also seen a lot of pulls causing the ball to not go through deep square leg or long leg like you would expect, but down the ground, sometimes even through long off. Pulls that cause the ball to go down that direction in real life are often mistimed and don't go particularly far, but these ones are going for four.

I'll send a game save when I next find each instance.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
    Scoring seems to become harder and wickets fall more easily than perhaps they should during power plays in ODIs.

I've seen in 3D highlights on more than one occasion where the bowler makes a sprawling save diving to his left and no run is taken, yet a run is recorded (not a no-ball or wide).
    If you (or anyone else) see a higlight like this (runs not matching the highlight) please send us the saved game straight away. We need the game with the last over showing the highlight, so we can re-play it and see what went wrong.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    While it was right to increase the scoring rate against spinners, I think that the adjustment was a little too high (especially evidenced in one dayers). Hard thing to get right I guess, but if you can, tone it to midway between the old and new setting.

Postnote - it's probably not too far off from being right actually.
    Last edited by GrahamB; 08-20-2011, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    Scoring seems to become harder and wickets fall more easily than perhaps they should during power plays in ODIs.

I've seen in 3D highlights on more than one occasion where the bowler makes a sprawling save diving to his left and no run is taken, yet a run is recorded (not a no-ball or wide).

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    Originally posted by pearljammonkey View Post
    i disagree GrahamB - just as I dont want to see a batsman block a delivery when on full agression, i dont want to see a batsman on o bars score at 1.75 per over! unless of course the batsman is naturally agressive or if his runs are coming from defensive edges.......
    Even when a team takes a very defensive approach, you don't often see a run rate of less than 1.75?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X