No announcement yet.

50 to 100 converstion rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always (95% of the time) start my top order batsmen on 2 bars. I find my side collapses very often if I start players on 1 bar! i think it's because they take too long to settle, and thus higher risk of getting out. I like to get them settled quickly and 2 bars is perfect for that. The key in this game seems to be building partnerships. So I will keep both batsmen on 2 bars until they are close to full settled (75%+) or a partnership is going well. On a new day I will often start both batsmen on 3 bars if I'm going well (say 100-2 after day 2, day 3 I look to really attack from the start). I find this works pretty well, and I can often get a load of runs in the first session and build a platform for the lesser batsmen to score. So don't be afraid to start good players on 3 bars if you're going good and the conditions are favorable. Tail enders I start on 2 bars for #8-9, and usually keep then at 2 bars if a good batsmen is batting with them. 10-11 I like to keep on 1 bar (if batting with a good batsmen), or 2 bars if it's just two tailenders batting. If I'm chasing 300+ on the 5th day I like to start openers on 3 bars.

I agree with others that 4 bars doesn't work as well as in previous versions
    Last edited by Isura; 03-27-2011, 07:17 AM.
    Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

I just had a batsman finish the domestic season with a fantastic conversion rate - 10 hundreds and 3 fifties. Made over 1700 in about 20 innings. Also took 80 wickets. I hope I can afford to sign him for the next season
      World Serious Cricket

Comment

Working...
      X