Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 to 100 converstion rates

Anyone else find these are really low?

I've seen a couple of players who have 70+ ODI 50s and around 4 ODI centuries. The others are not this extreme, but they're still pretty bad. Even in tests, where it should be considerably higher than ODIs

cant say i have, who for example?

Comment

I'm gonna change the subject. Anyone else find it bloody hard to win the toss? Or am I just unlucky?? Seriously, I think I've had the chance to bat first maybe once in the last ten tests. In a recent 5 match ODI series I lost all 5 tosses!

Comment

With regards to the toss i pick heads every time and seem to do alright.
        With regards to conversion rates i haven't seen an issues on the whole, i have had occasional players who always get out in the 70-90s but you get the same in real cricket. As a whole most of my playrrs seem to keep it fairly realistic. In ODI's though youll find most players will have more 50's then 100's as it's limited overs?

Comment

Yeah I find in both tests and ODI's the conversion rates are unrealistic, most cases players have 4 or 5 times more 50s than 100's in test matches and in ODI's centuries are incredibly rare.
          Im into the 2016-2017 season as England and I have fairly realistic player databases with the exception of hundred conversions..

Comment

Haven't played the game long enough to know if this conversion rate thing is a big problem. However I'm into my 3rd year playing as Pak and I have a player, Naved Yasin, who has played roughly 15 odd tests now, he's averaging just over 50 yet he hasn't yet made a ton despite reaching 50 ten times.

Comment

Just curiously how do you guys handle your aggression in tests? My conversions seem pretty realistic, i usually start on 1 bar and move up to 2 when their halfway settled and usually have them on 3 bars by the time they reach 50 and the strike rate usually picks up to 40-60 and they power on to the hundred.

Comment

Another problem is that in real cricket, most players who regularly play odi and test, will have more odi runs than test runs. But in this game, players get a LOT more test runs than odi runs.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Zigi View Post
                  Haven't played the game long enough to know if this conversion rate thing is a big problem. However I'm into my 3rd year playing as Pak and I have a player, Naved Yasin, who has played roughly 15 odd tests now, he's averaging just over 50 yet he hasn't yet made a ton despite reaching 50 ten times.
                  similar to Jonathan Bairstow in real life who has played 28 first class games averaging over 43, scored 14 fifties but no hundreds so its not unrealistic for that to happen on the game

Comment

I never said it was unrealistic. I was just contributing to the topic with the best example I have from the time I've played the game so far. In real life there certainly are players who struggle to go on and make hundreds. Shane Watson for example. He has reached 50 17 times in tests but has only go on to make a century twice. Ian Fleming reached 50 55 times in tests but only went on to make a hundred 9 times. If the game has the balance right then the majority of players who have played a good number of tests will have a conversion rate of 50% give or take. It's not unrealistic at all for some players to have a much lower conversion rate and for others, the really good players, to have a much higher conversion rate.

Comment

I was wrong about that player I mentioned, Naved Yasin. In 15 tests he has hit 14 50s without a century, not 10 as I thought.

Comment

So frustrating!!!! Players keep getting out just before their hundreds! Just skews their stats soooo much.

You can't have a player with 19 test 50s and one test 100, who has gotten out 5 times in the 90s

Comment

it's now happened 6 times in 4 ODIs
                          Last edited by anant_shah94; 03-18-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anant_shah94 View Post
                            So frustrating!!!! Players keep getting out just before their hundreds! Just skews their stats soooo much.

You can't have a player with 19 test 50s and one test 100, who has gotten out 5 times in the 90s
                            Isn't that Shane Watson's conversion rate?
                            World Serious Cricket

Comment

And don't forget Stephen Fleming of old!

Comment

Working...
                              X