wicket keeper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waapwoop View Post
    maybe catches per match?? I have one wicket keeper with a figure of 2, and one with a figure of 1. Don't kmow if this is just by chance or if it means the one with 2 is better
    Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
    I have noticed wicket keeper that has higher cpm rate is much better that the other
    If this the criterion for good keepers then I'm pretty disappointed in ICC, at least as far as this aspect goes. It'd be a very naive criterion because the number of catches per match has a lot to do quality of the bowlers the keeper has been playing with & very little to do with the actual keeping-skill.

Originally posted by El_Zigi View Post
    Anyway if you're right, and he is rated highly, he has still dropped too many catches at 1st slip for my liking.
    Well, even Flintoff has dropped a fair few for me & he's also one of the best slippers in real-life. There definitely is a fielder-rating as far as I know but it is quite puzzling that still people like Younis Khan, Flintoff & such would drop so many.

This topic has been discussed before & I'd also suggested for statistics like byes-conceeded/overs-kept % & catches-dropped/catches-taken % That'd give us a fair indication of players' keeping & fielding skills.

Comment

The 1-9 numbers in the fielding editor refer to the numbers in the field editor.

Keeper stats is something we're looking to improve on for 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        The 1-9 numbers in the fielding editor refer to the numbers in the field editor.
        Does this mean that the fielders placed in the priority catching positions on the default fields - are chosen completely at random???!!

I had hoped otherwise, especially with the low-numbered fielders, although the number 9 is placed at short-leg on some default fields, which needs seeing to. Mind you, Monty's getting up close to 1cpm in FC now cos of it...

Comment

I, also, hope that the placement of these fielders isn't random...
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Should have added that better fielders field in better positions, Flintoff (well, no longer) would always be in the splits.

It's not as random as I made it look in that post. Admittedly, we need a way of reporting this. It will happen, but there are other things for us to sort out as well, so fitting everything in can be tricky (especially as some is harder to implement than others), but then I'm sure most realise we aren't going to include every suggestion made for each new version, it's just not plausible.

I think it's far better to make sure the changes we make are done to a high standard, rather than lots of changes, but without the high standard. The forum feedback on all of this is so brilliant and makes our development much easier, as much as we play the game, we can't log up all the hours every one plays.

Comment

That's cool - you just gave me a mini-heart attack for a moment as I was thinking "maybe all those dropped catches have been my fault for not moving Phil Tufnell from 1st slip" and "I have to change every field setting by hand every time?!?"
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Working...
              X