Strange sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange sessions?

I had a strange encounter with Sussex recently. The year is 2018 and Sussex are top of the CC by 7pts ahead of me with 2 games to go. Next match home to Sussex. Big game. Anyway I prepare a belter and am disappointed to be bowled out for 233 (77.1 overs) in mostly sunny conditions. In the 15 odd overs left in the day Sussex bat very strangely. Their score at the end of the day and those 15 odd overs is.......................10/1 (or so)!!!! Ultra defensive or what!! Are they batting for a draw already??

After 26 overs the batting/bowling figures look like this (balls faced in brackets):

1. K. Shone 4 (15)
    2. S. Cliff 6 (82)!!!!!!!! Yes 82! Good innings.
    3. A. Bolland 10* (55)
    4. K. Dillon 2* (4)

Total 22/2 in 26 Overs

1. M. Brownlow 6-5-1-0
    2. L. Plunkett 7-4-8-1
    3. H. O'Neill 6-3-5-0
    4. M. Jowell 6-3-6-1
    5. R. Fallis 1-0-2-0

They took over 40 overs to get into the 50s. I don't think I've ever come across the AI batting like this so early in the game in all my time playing ICC. They actually went on to get 320 odd thanks to a century from Prior but I went on to win the game comfortably in the end.

Anyone else ever experience strange AI batting efforts like this? Or any strangeness in general.

BTW This is ICC 2008
    Last edited by El_Zigi; 02-01-2011, 01:47 PM.

I have it was against Sussex as well i made 300 in the 1st innings then bowled them out for 120 make them follow on and they went to bat for 2 days making
    making only 300 and leave me one session to make 121 to win i had to play as if it was 20/20 match.

Comment

I've never had that. What i get alot in tests which is real odd is teams declaring and leaving me 1 and a half - 2 sessions to chase down totals of 250 or less. Occasionally i'll lose quick wickets and have to bat out a draw but usually i can set one batsmens aggression to around 3-4 and work my way to a win with quick scoring. Seems to happen alot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by outbreak View Post
        I've never had that. What i get alot in tests which is real odd is teams declaring and leaving me 1 and a half - 2 sessions to chase down totals of 250 or less. Occasionally i'll lose quick wickets and have to bat out a draw but usually i can set one batsmens aggression to around 3-4 and work my way to a win with quick scoring. Seems to happen alot to me.
        I experience this alot as well

Comment

Working...
        X