Help please re installing update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please re installing update

I have just bought the cd version and went to internet game to install update. It gets to 100% then freezes with a window about not being able to find installation file. Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

Hi,

This problem is likely to be caused by one of the following:

1) Virus checker - A previous version of Norton Anti-virus was incompatible and would cause problems (checksum issues) until it was disabled whilst patching.
    2) Very important - whilst downloading ICC if running in a window it MUST have focus otherwise the download will fail. Users should not switch to other programs. This is also the same when playing on-line. When playing on-line it is actually recommended to play full screen.
    3) If a download attempt fails you must fully exit ICC and ideally delete the partially downloaded file before retrying.
    4) Firewalls must allow access to port 2279.

What anti-virus do you use?

Comment

I am using mcafee. Tried disabling it and it still fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Hi,

This problem is likely to be caused by one of the following:

1) Virus checker - A previous version of Norton Anti-virus was incompatible and would cause problems (checksum issues) until it was disabled whilst patching.
        2) Very important - whilst downloading ICC if running in a window it MUST have focus otherwise the download will fail. Users should not switch to other programs. This is also the same when playing on-line. When playing on-line it is actually recommended to play full screen.
        3) If a download attempt fails you must fully exit ICC and ideally delete the partially downloaded file before retrying.
        4) Firewalls must allow access to port 2279.

What anti-virus do you use?

the same thing is happening to me it keep saying it cannot find any file to update. And i have tried over fifty times to installed the new update.

Comment

I recently decided to start playing an internet game after getting my team to a good level. game after getting my team to a good level. However once I selected the internet option at the start it begins the update but once downloaded the patch it comes up with installation problem and something about not being able to find the file required to update. being able to find the file required to update being able to find the file required to update Can anyone help? This was posted by butternut in Aug 2010.
          Was this resolved?

Comment

Sorry for delay in replying.

Go in to McAfee and set the game as an exception. Unfortunately like a lot of anti-virus, it doesn't actually turn off even if you tell it turn off. Please refer to the McAfee manual or contact McAfee support on how to set the game as an exception if you don't know how.

May also be useful to to ease/lower the general control settings (normally have things like "General internet control, Medium" or something like that) you will find within McAfee, I'm not familiar with McAfee, so wouldn't know exactly where to look, but normally if you go to something like Advanced Settings.

Can you ensure you are logged in to an administrator account and right-click on the game and select Run As Administrator when you try to patch the game.

Comment

All sorted. Signed in as an administrator and that did the trick. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
              X