Bowling

31 - Swann
        44 - Woakes
        67 - Rashid
        72 - Bopara
        76 - Patel

Comment

• A Preview of the Coming Year

Fixtures: Bangladesh H(2 Tests, 3 ODIs), Australia H(5 Tests, 5 ODIs), Sri Lanka A(3 Tests, 3 ODIs), Bangladesh A(2 Tests, 3 ODIs), West Indies A(4 Tests, 7 ODIs)

Tests - This year is an Ashes year and the number one objective is to reclaim the urn after a dismal showing in Australia a few years ago. But it will be a tough test against the side ranked best in the world. Even so, England go into the year on the back of four consecutive series wins and are undefeated in 12 Tests. Elsewhere there are home and away visits to Bangladesh, which are potential bannana skins, aswell as the oppertunity to move up the rankings with points available in Sri Lanka and the West Indies.

ODIs - With the Ashes in town the ODIs take somewhat of a back seat. Nevertheless, England will hope to continue their laying of solid foundations for the World Cup a little over 2 years time. However, this year looks to be a tough one with the only ranking points to be gained against Bangladesh while Australia, Sri Lanka and the West Indies are eager to take some away. However, the same was said last year and the ODI side came through with flying colours and have now won the last five series.
          Last edited by Chasjs; 06-06-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Still loving this by the way, keep up the good work

Comment

• Just happy people are still reading, thanks. By my reckoning if I keep this rate up I'll have finished the next World Cup around the time ICC2011 is out.

Comment

• First Test

With Strauss injured for 3 weeks Horton comes into the side for his first appearance in 3 years despite being on the fringes of the side. He beats off competition from young openers Neville and Ames to make just his second Test start. Swann is also rested to give Rashid an opportunity. The rest of the side is idential to the last Test in South Africa.

Bangladesh win the toss and bat.
                Woakes takes the early wicket have to wait until Rashid comes on just before lunch for their next. Broad and Anderson take a wicket each in the afternoon session. England take 3 more early in the evening session before Anderson and Woakes finish off Bangladesh for 269.
                All Englands batsmen get starts bar Pietersen but only Bopara and Cobb go on to big scores. They share a 218 run partnership which forms the backbone of Englands 442 with Cobb making 90 and Bopara 127.
                Broad and Rashid each take 2 wickets as Bangladesh reach 129/4 at the close of day 3. Anderson takes a wicket early next morning and Pietersen picks up 2 with the old ball, including Iqbal for 97. England take the new ball and again polsih off the Bangladesh tail with a wicket for each of the seamers.
                England lose wickets regularly in their chase and have to rely on Broad and Rashid to finish the job. Bangladesh bowl well but ultimately 80 runs wasn't enough.

England Man of the Match - Bopara
                Other Notable Mentions - Cobb, Broad, Woakes
                Poor Game - Pietersen, Horton, Gould

Comment

• Yay, the bots are back!

(I never thought I'd miss them... but I have...)

Comment

• Second Test

England keep the same team for the second Test.

England win the toss and bat.
                    England reach the close of day one 287/6 with Cook unbeaten on 144. The other batsmen find it more difficult, though, with Pietersen's 32 the next highest score. England go on to make 329 with Cook out for 158.
                    Bangladesh make 359 with big innings from Iqbal and Rahim. Broad takes 4 wickets, Woakes 3, Anderson 2 and Rashid the other as Bangladesh head into a 29 run lead.
                    Pietersen makes 67 while Cobb and Gould both fall in the 90s as as England score 421 with not much more than 2 sessions left in the game.
                    Bangladesh bat out the rest of the day for a draw. Rashid takes 3 wickets and Broad gets another.

England Man of the Match - Cook
                    Other Notable Mentions - Broad, Pietersen, Cobb, Gould
                    Poor Game - Horton, Bopara, Skelton

Comment

• Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                      Yay, the bots are back!

(I never thought I'd miss them... but I have...)
                      It's been so long that it took me a few seconds to work it out. Was about to post asking what the post meant.

Comment

• The ECB Selection Committee has announced the 15 man squad for the ODI Series and T20 matches at home vs Bangladesh:

ECB Selection Committee
                        A Cook*
                        J Anderson
                        R Bopara
                        S Broad
                        M Cale
                        K Gould
                        A Ingram
                        S Neville
                        S Patel
                        K Pietersen
                        A Rashid
                        I Skelton
                        D Wainwright
                        C Woakes
                        L Wright
                        With Flintoff and Swann rested England pick the same squad as the ODI tour to Zimbabwae.

Comment

• First T20

Bopara opens with Neville with Pietersen, Gould and Cale making up the middle order. Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Rashid form the bulk of the bowling with Patel filling the all-rounder role.

England win the toss and bat.
                          England lose Neville and Pietersen early but bounce back through Bopara and Gould. Late runs from Cale push England to 143.

Bangladesh bat well early on to keep the rate under control. Rashid stalls them during the middle overs but England leak runs at the other end as Bangladesh go on to win in the penultimate over.

Bangladesh win by 6 wickets
                          Man of the Match - Islam
                          England Man of the Match - Bopara
                          Other Notable Mentions - Gould, Rashid
                          Poor Game - Pietersen, Neville, Broad

Comment

• Good luck against Aus. How much of a beast is Hughes in your game? In my game of ICC 09 he retired with an average of 94 in 200+ tests playing for me.

Comment

• First ODI

Patel gets the nod ahead of Wright as the fifth bowler and Bopara keeps the opening slot ahead of the youngster Neville.

Bangladesh win the toss and put England in.
                              England start well with 58 for the first wicket before losing Bopara. Pietersen bats well to put on 101 with Cook who falls on 65 just as he looks to get going. Pietersen reaches three figures and finishes 118 not out as England reach 302 with the aid of late hitting from Gould and Patel.

Anderson bowls well early on taking 2 wickets but Woakes proves expensive. Broad has an expensive first over but pulls it back well. Rashid rips through the lower order to seal a huge victory.

England win by 178 runs
                              Man of the Match - Pietersen
                              England Man of the Match - Pietersen, great innings, played himself in well and accelerated towards the end.
                              Other Notable Mentions - Cook, Rashid, Anderson
                              Poor Game - Woakes, Bopara, Cale
                              Last edited by Chasjs; 04-19-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                                Good luck against Aus. How much of a beast is Hughes in your game? In my game of ICC 09 he retired with an average of 94 in 200+ tests playing for me.
                                He's currently 5th in the Test rankings and 2nd in ODIs. Averages 58 in 48 Tests with 16 Centuries and 4950 runs.

So not as good as on your game but still world class.

Thanks for the luck, I think I'll need it after what they did to me down under.

Comment

Working...
                                X