No announcement yet.

The Golden Isles - A Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its stupid that you have to play england in 5 match series and you only played them last season

Comment

Garraway Guides Windies to Win:-

In our innings, Bravo and Nash were the only ones to post really big scores, with Ramdin (53) not quite making enough to be reconsidered as part of my long-term plans.

In bowling terms, Garraway and McClean dominated the MCC, and they were lucky to get past 100 in their second innings.

The team for the first test has just been announced, in light of these results.

Originally posted by First Test Team

Chris Gayle
      Runako Morton
      Shiv Chanderpaul
      Ade Barath
      Darren Bravo
      Ramnaresh Sarwan
      Ian Flokes
      Kevin McClean
      Darren Sammy
      Greg Wallace
      Trev Garraway
      Not really sure how to organise the lower order, Flokes seems to be a decent batsman in domestic cricket but has not really impressed in his 3 innings so far, but McClean and Sammy both have proven records...

Will probably go with Flokes at 7, McClean at 8 and Sammy at 9... Any ideas anyone else?

Comment

Leave as is, see how it goes. You bat a long way down!

Comment

Originally posted by goldfan View Post
          Leave as is, see how it goes. You bat a long way down!
          My teams always do, my Sussex team quite often has James Harris (average about 20) at number 10

I like to have a long averageness in my batting line up
          Last edited by Imager36; 08-20-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Might have been a very good win, had the tail not crumbled:-

In England's first innings, they were 266/2 before Bopara fell and sparked a massive collapse of 8-77 before being all out for 343.

In the Windies first innings, wickets fell at regular intervals, but Bravo (72), Barath (50) and Sarwan (41) put up the main resistance in the middle order before Flokes made his first test 50 and Sammy aided him with an unbeaten 34 to make the scores tied after the first innings.

After the top order had gone, the annoying partnership was the one between the Sussex players who I'd been able to get out in the tour match Sherbourne (batting at 6) and Prior put on 73 just when I thought I'd broken through, and set the quite good total.

After Gayle fell cheaply, Morton and Chanderpaul set about making batting look easy with a partnership of 116 before Barath and Bravo fell cheaply. Sarwan came in, and he and Chanderpaul re-built the innings, Chanderpaul (who it might interest you to know is now playing his domestic cricket for Ireland CC) falling with 99 more runs needed to win the test. Flokes in. Flokes out for 7. McClean in. McClean out for 16. Sammy in. Sammy out for 0. 52 needed. Tail falls cheaply. Windies lose.
            Last edited by Imager36; 08-20-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

1 all, 3 to play. This'll be interesting:-

Our first innings was going very badly, and it looked like I'd made a very bad decision. We were 145/7 before Sammy turned it round, first with Sarwan and then with Trev Garraway, who got 19.

In their first innings, no-one scored over 52, but only Sherbourne, Prior, Broad and Anderson scored low. The four front-line bowlers all took wickets, but only Wallace really impressed.

In our second innings, a 79 partnership between Morton and Barath was followed by a 143 partnership between Morton and Bravo, and this helped to pile on the runs. After Morton was then out, there was no partnership higher than 13.

In their final run chase of 292, Sammy was the best bowler, as Garraway was too expensive but still took 4 wickets. Sherbourne and Prior were once again annoying in their determination, but they fell and the victory was reasonably comfortable.

Comment

Lol, Prior is actually consistant on ICC09!

Comment

Got another Tour match next, against the Combined Uni's.

Originally posted by The team for this is

C.Gayle
                  R.Morton
                  I.Flokes
                  K.Powell
                  B.Nash
                  A.Barath
                  D.Bravo
                  K.McClean
                  A.Richardson
                  V.Permaul
                  N.Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                    Might have been a very good win, had the tail not crumbled:-

It's really tough losing like that. Bad luck. Hope you can get them in the next test.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                      1 all, 3 to play. This'll be interesting:-

Looks like this series could be real tight!

Comment

I would just like to say I have just read your whole story up to where you are at and it looks like its been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. I am a bit shocked not to see Rampaul in any of your squads.

Hopefully, your team will improve throughout the next season. I will be looking forward to viewing your progess in the coming weeks.

Comment

The university students failed to make a notable impact:-

The 355 partnership between Nash and Powell in our innings was worth exactly the same amount of runs as we won by, with those two and Richardson (9 wickets) really impressing.

Comment

Nice, I haven't played a tour side so far but I'll enjoy smashing one when I do. England have no tour matches vs South Africa and then they have none for the away Ashes!!! I know it's crazy.

Comment

Yeah, second year tour of England for the West Indies (the one I'm playing now) I have 4 3 day friendlies (Sussex, MCC, Combined Unis, MCC) and then a one-dayer against Scotland.

Comment

Obviously mostly Oxford students

Comment

Working...
                                X