Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDevil666 View Post
    Your Bowling. What the Hell is it?
    Awful The West Indies don't have the best bowling, and the players who I have fielded to try and end that so far have been Richardson, Bravo, Jaggernauth, Taylor, Sammy, Pascal, Permaul, Pollard, Kantasingh, Deonarine, Stoute and Bernard, with Gayle providing spinning support. That's 13 players including Gayle.

Slightly Better. But not much.

We batted first for once, and we seemed to post a reasonable score based on the India chase, which was, quite frankly, 50 or 60 runs too low.

No-one really impressed in the batting. All the players who were out got into double figures, but none managed to muster even a half-century. As I keep mentioning, the bowling was poor. Kantasingh again impressed with his control, although wickets seem to be a problem for him. Richardson and Gayle also did quite well.

ODIs Against India:- Awards

Best Batsman - Runako Morton - For his outstanding century in the first match.
    Best Bowler - For only going for 5.06 R/O, Kavesh Kantasingh

Comment

The next difficult squad to select was the one which will be touring Australia.

Originally posted by WICB Resident Aussie Tour Squad Selector

C.Gayle (O)
      R.Morton (O) (wk?)
      S.Chanderpaul (bat)
      R.Sarwan (bat)
      K.Powell (bat)
      A.Barath (bat)
      R.Currency (bat)
      D.Richards (bat)
      D.Ramdin (bat?) (wk)
      K.Pollard (batall)
      D.Bravo (all)
      N.Deonarine (asp)
      K.Stoute (all)
      K.Kantasingh (spin)
      A.Richardson (seam)
      N.Pascal (seam)
      A.Jaggernauth (spin)
      G.Tonge (seam)
      The real surprise in this squad is Tonge, who has been selected on recent form now that the West Indies season has started. Eventually.

The team for the first test against Australia is

Originally posted by WICB Chief Spaceman on the selection of fruit flies

C.Gayle
      R.Morton (wk)
      S.Chanderpaul
      R.Sarwan
      A.Barath
      D.Richards
      D.Bravo
      K.Stoute
      A.Jaggernauth
      G.Tonge
      A.Richardson
      Last edited by Imager36; 08-13-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Now I know how GrahamB feels:-

These tests will happen, but still the less said about it, the better.

Ah well. 2 tests to go.

Same team for 2nd test.

Comment

Yes, it's a long way to the top (if you wanna rock n' roll)

Comment

It's a long way to the top:-

Better performance on the batting front by a long way, but the bowling was atrocious... 1 wicket from 168 overs off which 724 runs came at 4.310 runs an over. Bravo got the wicket, but in the match it cost him 114 runs! Shiv Chanderpaul's 200 in two innings made the match safe and kept Australia waiting for a series victory until the next match.

Comment

It's an improvement =D

Comment

3 bowling changes is pretty much as high as I could go without placing Pollard in as a bowler, and that I didn't want to do.

So Kantasingh, Pascal and Deonarine (all is forgiven) in for Stoute, Jaggernauth and Tonge for the final test.

Comment

I've found with Hughes, the best way to get him out is to bowl full outside off stump from around the wicket (as a right armer).
                  Perhaps try that: it seems your problem lies in breaking the opening stand
                  The Cult Of Personality

Comment

I've had problems with him aswell. I might try that tactic, It's similar to mine.
                    I had:
                    All my pace bowlers bowel full on off stump over the wicket to him with the exception of Flintoff who goes around the wicket. I occasionally alter over/around the wicket with everyone but stick to the plan in the main. Broad is given the most freedom in this respect while I had Onions and Anderson following the plan strictly.

Had any troubles with Clarke??? He's tough as nails even against pace.

And come'on, the Aussies aren't that hard...

Comment

Sorry, didn't look at this thread before I played the third test. This time, luckily, Hughes wasn't the problem, as he got out for a golden duck in the first innings and the result was inevitable by the time he got in again.

The bowling and batting in the first innings were poor, but 100 behind and with 1 day to go, I felt that we could have saved the test, but it was not to be as Chanderpaul, Sarwan and Barath all got out at around the same time.

One-dayers next, and I got thrashed by India and England in these... I'm just waiting to play New Zealand or Bangaladesh

Comment

I usually have problems with Mitchell johnson who usually scores half centuries regualrly

Comment

Originally posted by Johnyboy View Post
                          I usually have problems with Mitchell johnson who usually scores half centuries regualrly
                          I was in luck then, in three test matches, I never got Australia more than 3 wickets down...

Anyway, the squad for the one-dayers has been announced:-

Originally posted by The Man Who Picks The Squads

C.Gayle (O)
                          R.Morton (O)
                          S.Chanderpaul (bat)
                          A.Barath (bat)
                          R.Sarwan (bat)
                          K.Edwards (bat)
                          D.Ramdin (wk)
                          C.Baugh (wk)
                          D.Bravo (all)
                          K.Stoute (all)
                          K.Kantasingh (spin)
                          N.Pascal (seam)
                          A.Richardson (seam)
                          G.Tonge (seam)
                          V.Permaul (spin)
                          I've realised that a strong bowling performance will be needed if I am to threaten Australia, and that's why all-rounders Pollard and Deonarine have been dropped in favour of the in-form Permaul and Tonge.

Keeper Baugh will start the first match, but Ramdin is still here as cover to him.

Edwards has done brilliantly in OD domestic competition, and he will probably start in place of Barath or Gayle, who, T20 aside, is having a dreadful year.

Originally posted by The Man Who Chooses The Team For The First Match

R.Morton
                          C.Baugh
                          S.Chanderpaul
                          R.Sarwan
                          A.Barath
                          K.Edwards
                          D.Bravo
                          K.Stoute
                          G.Tonge
                          N.Pascal
                          V.Permaul
                          Last edited by Imager36; 08-14-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I thought that was a decent score:-

Chanderpaul and Sarwan were the main batsmen, but Stoute helped with a quickfire 39 at the end.

In bowling terms, no-one impressed.

Comment

You might as well bowl a bunch of 19 y/os and train them up ^__^

Comment

Originally posted by goldfan View Post
                                You might as well bowl a bunch of 19 y/os and train them up ^__^
                                I think I will next series. Permaul and Pascal will stay.

This is the problem of having Chanderpaul and Sarwan at 3 and 4, I think, but I'm not going to change that because that's where they bat best. I do like the 19-year-olds idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X