• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just updated Justin Langer still plays for Australia

Comment

Originally posted by zain1612 View Post
      Just updated Justin Langer still plays for Australia
      Hang on, are you saying you just updated to the latest patch, and that you can still select Langer for Australia?
      I did notice that, and also that Ashley Noffke is down as a All-Rounder? I wouldn't consider him one, yes he can hold a bat, and averages in the mid-20's I think, but still I think an All-Rounder status is a bit much.
      Ryan Harris too, I know Cricinfo states he is an all-rounder, but I think that status needs to be defined more strictly, because I'm pretty sure no-one would put Harris and Noffke in the same boat as Flintoff, Watson and Kallis, etc.
      The Cult Of Personality

Comment

So you can only be a world class all-rounder? We don't want rejects!

Comment

Yusuf Pathan

Yusuf Pathan from India is an Off spinning allrounder. But I see him listed as a LS or legspinner in the T20 WC 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
            So you can only be a world class all-rounder? We don't want rejects!
            Ha fair point
            The point I'm trying to make though is that when you say Harris, Noffke etc. the first status that comes to mind isn't all-rounder. Australia don't see them as such. Guys like Hopes, White, Henriques are seen as all-rounders, all be-it not world class yet, but there are some who are seen as straight bowlers who may be able to bat a bit, but being an all-rounder is not their main role.

I would say Johnson is more of an all-rounder than Noffke, and he's listed as a bowler.
            The Cult Of Personality

Comment

no he plays for australia during county and is classes as an overseas player

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
                Ha fair point
                The point I'm trying to make though is that when you say Harris, Noffke etc. the first status that comes to mind isn't all-rounder. Australia don't see them as such. Guys like Hopes, White, Henriques are seen as all-rounders, all be-it not world class yet, but there are some who are seen as straight bowlers who may be able to bat a bit, but being an all-rounder is not their main role.

I would say Johnson is more of an all-rounder than Noffke, and he's listed as a bowler.
                Yeah, but the thing is no matter where you draw the line someone is going to disagree in fact there is no need to give an actual fuck about allrounder status - look at J.Harris in England he's down as an allrounder and still bats like absolute crap
                YouTube
                Facebook

Comment

Don't diss Harris' batting . He has an average of 41.76 batting at 9 for me this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                    Yeah, but the thing is no matter where you draw the line someone is going to disagree in fact there is no need to give an actual fuck about allrounder status - look at J.Harris in England he's down as an allrounder and still bats like absolute crap
                    No need to get all aggressive about it. Hit a touchy point did I?

I see where you're coming from, but the point I'm trying to make is that the database should be accurate and consistent, as this is what they are striving for (I hope), and I'm only trying to point out inconsistencies, however small and insignificant. For a guy like J Harris, Noffke to be down as an All-Rounder, when clearly someone like Broad or Johnson, even Lee, are better batsmen, yet are listed as bowlers, you start to wonder, because that is their main status in the game, yet have different statuses (sic).
                    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

problem with all-rounders they either do well with the bat or the ball.. meaning if they make runs they wont take wkts that game.

and someone who has a batting average of 30 and a bowling average of 40 is NOT an all rounder in my book, the bat/bowl averages should be abut the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Meph. View Post
                        problem with all-rounders they either do well with the bat or the ball.. meaning if they make runs they wont take wkts that game.

and someone who has a batting average of 30 and a bowling average of 40 is NOT an all rounder in my book, the bat/bowl averages should be abut the same.
                        Generally, the consensus used in international cricket is that if the batting average is higher than the bowling average, and the player does both on a regular basis, then they can be considered an all-rounder.

It does go to show though that cricket isn't all about the Stats lol.
                        The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Yasir Arafat should now be RMF. He's getting consistently into the high 80's for Sussex, and I've seen him bowl quite a lot above 90.

Comment

International/County Training

I have a question, for once.

When you select a player for England, and give him technique training, when he goes back to his County, does his additional training translate into more skill for his County team as well? Or are there different technique engines, one for County and one for International?

Say for example, I choose J Clare for England in the off-season, but doesnt play a game for England. Whilst in the squad, I give him front foot training the whole time. When he goes back to play for Derbyshire at the start of the next season, will he have an improved front foot technique, or will this only come into play the next time he plays for England?

The logical answer is that it carries over, but I can't remember if this has ever been clarified.
                            The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Extras

Another query.

Is there any way to view how many no-balls and wides a bowler has bowled in an innings? I've just played against Derbyshire and they bowled 38 no-balls and 76 byes in 101 overs.

If there isn't a way, is this something that is being looked at for the next patch/ICC2010?
                              The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Not a database error.. but on the team selection screen when starting a new game, Middlesex are listed as "D1" for county championship, when they are in Division 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X