No announcement yet.

NZ story (pre-patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NZ playing eleven has been named for the first test against the Bangladeshis:

P.Fulton
    T.McIntosh
    I.Robertson
    D.Flynn
    S.Haig
    R.Nicol
    N.Thorpe (wk)
    D.Vettori
    L.Shaw
    J.Allenby
    R.Schaw
    The first test will be played on turner and so Robbie Schaw will make his debut. This is the first time we've been able to play two spinners with confidence, so it will be interesting to see how we fare.

Comment

• Slightly harsh to play a test on a dead poet, but good luck anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
        Slightly harsh to play a test on a dead poet, but good luck anyway
        Very good!

Comment

• Bangladesh v NZ (1st Test 2012)

Most of the Bangladeshi batsmen made useful contributions as they put together a very useful 340 in their first innings.
          Nazimuddin (56), Mahmudullah (47), Rahim (46no) and Al Hasan (44) all impressed, and we were fortunate that none of them was able to go on to a big score.
          Of our spinners, Vettori grabbed 5/95 and Schaw 2/114.

Our reply was disappointing, especially after McIntosh (81) and Flynn (87) had added 137 for the third wicket to have us in a strong position at 192/3. The rest of the batting fell away rather too quickly, with Rob Nicol at number 6 left stranded on 33no!
          Al Hasan was the most dangerous of the bowlers, picking up 3/55, while Alam cleaned out the tail for next to nothing.

Conceding an 87 run lead on the first innings, it was essential that we dismissed the home side for a smallish score if we were to stay in the test.
          Our bowling was tight, with Schaw looking the better of the two spinners this time round. However, it was John Allenby and Lance Shaw who wrecked the Bangladeshi innings with the second new ball to put us in with a winning chance.

Set 321 to win, it was a record second wicket partnership between Fulton (187) and Robertson (110no) that took us through to easy victory early into Day 5.

NZ take a 1-0 lead in the two test series.

Comment

• With a lot more cloud cover expected during the second test, we've chosen to play just one spinner, meaning that Robbie Schaw had to make way for Noel Crayshaw.

Comment

• i have been playin nz save have you noticed that kane williamson is very very poor in the game i taught he would be brialliant

Comment

• Originally posted by patrickF690 View Post
                i have been playin nz save have you noticed that kane williamson is very very poor in the game i taught he would be brialliant
                He's okay for me. I think that each game develops differently. I think he needs to given batting technique training as much as possible to develop him.

Comment

• Bangladesh v NZ (2nd Test 2012)

Bangladesh put up a much more spirited performance in the final test.
                  Batting first, we put up a good score of 393, with Iain Robertson (95) and Nicholas Thorpe (78no) the standout batsmen. There were good contributions from Tim McIntosh (55) and Dan Vettoti (45) also.
                  Sajidul Islam always poses problems for us when he bowls, but he was seriously underbowled in favour of the spinners.

With Bangladesh at 369/2, we looked to be in big trouble. 23 year old opening batsman Qayyam was the shining star with a majestic 172, while Nazimuddin scored his maiden test century with 104.
                  However, an extraordinary collapse saw the innings crumble rather quickly, and the Bangladeshis only ended up with a tiny first innings.
                  Lance Shaw was the destroyer with 6/66.

Rain had been interfering on and off throughout the final few days of the test, and it was probably just as well for us as our second innings suffered from a similarly spectacular collapse from 185/2 to 241 all out!
                  Tim McIntosh (79) and Daniel Flynn (46) were our only meaningful contributors, as Islam again showed his class.

Fortunately for us, there was only half an hour left, and so we were in no danger of going down.

NZ win the test series 1-0.

Comment

• what type of trainin do you give him i have him doin defensive

Comment

• Originally posted by patrickF690 View Post
                      what type of trainin do you give him i have him doin defensive
                      I've had him on general technique training as much as possible, but defensive technique should be okay for a while. He's only 18 years old, so he should learn a lot hopefully by his early twenties.

Comment

• Next up is the ODI series in Bangladesh. The following squad has been chosen to try and improve our one day fortunes:

Openers
                        G.Huckerby
                        P.Fulton
                        H.Baildon

Other Batsmen
                        J.Raval
                        A.de Boorder
                        D.Broom
                        R.Nicol

Keepers
                        D.de Boorder (wk)
                        N.Thorpe (wk)

Allrounders
                        D.Bowden
                        J.Oram
                        D.Vettori

Bowlers
                        T.Southee
                        N.Crayshaw
                        J.Allenby

Comment

• Bangladesh v NZ (1st ODI 2012)

Derek de Boorder (59), Jeet Raval (50), Dewayne Bowden (49) and Peter Fulton (31) all contributed as we scored 231/7. We again found it difficult to score quickly against an attack based on three spinners.
                          Tamim Iqbal (46) was the only Bangladeshi batsmen to play a good innings as our bowlers tightened the screws effectively. Tim Southee was particularly impressive taking 3/15 from his six overs.

NZ 1-0 up!

Comment

• Bangladesh v NZ (2nd ODI 2012)

Grrrrr! Talk about Jekyl and Hyde performances.
                            The only one of our batsmen who looked like he could score a few was young keeper Nicholas Thorpe. However by the time he came in, the damage had already been done.
                            The game could actually have still been tight, but for the dashing Bangladeshi openers. Once they'd gone, there was a steady fall of wickets, but of course we never had enough runs to play with.

The series tied up at 1-1 with one to play.

Comment

• Oof, nasty defeat there. I think we all know how frustrating that sort of batting performance is. Best of luck in the 3rd ODI!

Comment

• Originally posted by goldfan View Post
                                Oof, nasty defeat there. I think we all know how frustrating that sort of batting performance is. Best of luck in the 3rd ODI!
                                Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X