Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johncladio View Post
    Chanderpaul is a real quality batsman.
    As i've found out by playing with the Windies. Hoping to whitewash New Zealand back (if I ever get to 2012.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
      As i've found out by playing with the Windies. Hoping to whitewash New Zealand back (if I ever get to 2012.)
      Gud luck for ΓΌ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
        I'll be watching!

Comment

• NZ Squad for the ODIs in the West Indies

It was tough leaving Tim Southee out because I'd have liked to have developed him further. However, it was a case of who do I leave out rather than who can I put in?

Comment

• Barbados v NZ (One day match)

A comfortable victory, but Gary Huckerby's impressive innings means that Frank Fielding (who scored a duck here) will likely miss out on a spot in the opening ODI.

Comment

• West Indies v NZ (1st ODI 2012)

A first up loss should get the lads thinking straight again after the high of the test series win.
              Our batting effort was poor, and it was only thanks to a late contribution from Oram that we got through to 168.
              We still had a chance when we had the Windies at 43/4 and then 91/5, but then Powell and Bravo came together in a match winning partnership.

Comment

• West Indies v NZ (2nd ODI 2012)

The Windies played three spinners and boy was batting against them tough going!
                Despite our best efforts, we could only post 203, and the home side polished us off with ease.
                Gayle is a one day monster!

The Windies now 2-0 up in the series.

Comment

• West Indies v NZ (3rd ODI 2012)

Led by a determined innings from our 18 year old keeper Nicholas Thorpe and a flashy knock from Tim Weston, we posted a slightly more challenging 221 in this must win match.
                  We managed to dismiss Gayle reasonably early and were looking on track for victory. However, an explosive over from Chanderpaul changed the course of the game, and we were cruelly denied.

The Windies may suck at test cricket, but they seem to be a quality one day unit. They've now taken an unasailable 3-0 lead in the ODI series with two left to play.

Comment

• West Indies v NZ (4th ODI 2012)

We're finding it really tough to score quickly against this West Indies bowling attack.
                    Hugh Baildon held our batting effort together with an innings of 81, but 197/8 was not enough to challenge the home side.
                    In stark contrast, Chris Gayle smashed our bowling around as his 124no took the Windies through to a 4-0 series lead!

Comment

• West Indies v NZ (5th ODI 2012)

Looking to salvage some pride from the final ODI, it was unfortunately a case of same old, same old.
                      Baildon and Thorpe again stood out with the bat, but 211/7 was going to be difficult for our bowlers to defend.
                      We needed to snare dangerman Gayle early, but he again showed his class as he set his side up for a spectacular revenge.
                      They lost the test series against us 3-0, but destroyed us 5-0 in the ODIs. Go figure!

Comment

• 2012 Test Series in Bangladesh

The following squad was named for the two test matches:

Openers
                        Peter Fulton
                        Tim McIntosh
                        Hugh Baildon

Other Batsmen
                        Iain Robertson
                        Daniel Flynn
                        Shaun Haig
                        Rob Nicoll
                        Derek de Boorder
                        George Worker

Keepers
                        Nicholas Thorpe
                        Fred Drinkell

Allrounders
                        Jacob Oram
                        Daniel Vettori

Pace Bowlers
                        Noel Crayshaw
                        Lance Shaw
                        John Allenby
                        Tim Southee

Spinner
                        Robbie Schaw
                        Unimpressed with Neal Parlanes efforts, we've gone for the experience of in form opening batsmen Peter Fulton and Tim McIntosh to accompany 23 year old Hugh Baildon.
                        Among the other batsmen selected, we've gone for Derek de Boorder and George Worker ahead of the likes of Greg Hay, Neil Broom and Tim Weston.
                        At present, we're blessed for promising young keepers who can also bat well. Nicholas Thorpe has the edge over Fred Drinkell in the fight for the test spot.
                        With no young allrounders coming through, Jacob Oram retains his spot ahead of Dewayne Bowden and Andrew Ellis. Daniel Vettori has no competition for his spot.
                        We have a nice little battery of pace bowlers and Warren McSkimming was unlucky to miss the cut.
                        Legspinner Robbie Schaw from Central Districts has had three productive seasons in a row locally. Although he tends to be a fraction expensive, it was thought that a second spinner would be a useful addition to the squad.

Comment

• U r going great guns.

Comment

• They lost the test series against us 3-0, but destroyed us 5-0 in the ODIs. Go figure
                            Well, they have a good ODI side and a poor Test side and your side is vice versea.

Tough luck though on the ODIs, there were a few shockers there!!!

You should beat Bangladesh though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
                              Well, they have a good ODI side and a poor Test side and your side is vice versea.

Tough luck though on the ODIs, there were a few shockers there!!!

You should beat Bangladesh though...
                              I don't expect Bangladesh to be a pushover due to their spinners.

Comment

• Chittagong v NZ

Most of our batsmen and bowlers got a good workout in a game that was cut short by rain.
                                Robertson again showed his class with a fine century, while legspinner Robbie Schaw showed enough to suggest that we can play a twin spin attack in the tests if conditions dictate that would be best.

Comment

Working...
                                X