International Cricket Captain 2009 Official News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Cricket Captain 2009 Official News

You can also ask questions about the game if you like, and Sureshot and I will pass them on to Chris and get an FAQ going.

In this thread we will be posting official news, screenshots, videos and information to the game.

Over the next week or so we will be revealing several pieces of news related to the game, so stay tuned!

All news discussion can be discussed in here.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-22-2009, 06:48 PM.

The first piece of news is an extended release on the publishing issues and the game format:

Childish Things are pleased to announce that they have negotiated the full rights to the International Cricket Captain series. Following the unfortunate fate of publishers Empire Interactive, who went into administration last month the rights to the game were in dispute. Owing to the many messages of support and overwhelming interest in the new game, Childish Things managed to secure the full rights to the game.

With the work that has gone into the game over the last year or so, it would have been a real shame to let it all go to waste, and especially with such a strong demand for the game in the forums and through the emails system, we are very excited to be able to give you the game you want very soon.

We are also please to announce that the game will be released in two formats once again this year - a CD version as well as a downloadable one.

We will have release date information soon, so keep checking this spot.

Comment

Thanks for the update Aus, great news!!.
      Just a couple of questions....
      1) Will the new version have any pre season fixtures?, ie university game/minor county etc?, as i remember this was included in a earlier version and i thought it was an excellent feature.....as it gave you a chance to test out youngsters and get players into some nick before the season started.
      2) Will the new game have a wide screen resolution?, as most monitors are now, just be nice to get rid of the stretched look, without having to play in windowed mode.

Again thanks for keeping us informed.
      Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Excellent news. Looking forward to the game coming out. I hope we get more than just a database update though!

Comment

Hey Sureshot
          As you were saying(in a different thread) that ICC 09 is complete & will be released soon, could you please reveal some of its features????
          I hope it is not merely a data update like the previous versions???
          Will the ICC 09 feature domestic competetions from other countries too & what about the T20 World Cup????

Comment

Will the game start with the World T20 as is now happening?

Comment

There have been quite a few questions about new tournaments, so we've decided to announce these first:

The new game will feature the Twenty20 World Cup, both ingame and as a standalone feature. To coincide with this, there has been major restructuring to the Twenty20 game engine to produce more realistic scores

There will not be any new playable leagues this year unfortunately due to a lack of time and resources, however there have been some major changes regarding the teams for each player (they now have NH and SH teams inside the game database as well as IPL - which will also mean county players will be unavailable if on IPL duty), Chris had this to say:

With a publisher, the changes you can make are constrained to what they want to see in the new game. With a limited budget set by Empire, we could only put in what they wanted and what improvements they saw as crucial. Now that we have full rights to the game, we have already begun setting up for more overseas leagues in 2010, something we will be aiming towards in the next game.

Stay tuned for more info soon.
              Last edited by aus5892; 06-09-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Just read the official news - awesome! All sounds too good!

Comment

i think fifty50
                  Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Are you able to change the team you captain / coach / manage in the new game? For instance, a team does poorly, gets rid of captain / coach and you can apply to take over? Alternatively, just happen to get a couple of offers from new teams at the end of the year who have performed below expectations...

Are new staff incoporated, coaches and the like?

Is the youth structure the same, with little influence on what and who come through?

Comment

So that means no Aussie Domestic Comp.

So do you take care of a domestic and international side?

and if so does the domestic side have to from the international country you are?

Comment

The domestic teams are all from England in this version. Hopefully there will be more next year.

There are some new features in training, which we will announce soon.

Comment

Aus, i know you are limited to what you can tell us, but any chance of answering these :-
                          1) Will the new version have any pre season fixtures?, ie university game/minor county etc?, as i remember this was included in a earlier version and i thought it was an excellent feature.....as it gave you a chance to test out youngsters and get players into some nick before the season started.
                          2) Will the new game have a wide screen resolution?, as most monitors are now, just be nice to get rid of the stretched look, without having to play in windowed mode.
                          3) Will there be a Demo released before the full version as per norm?

Thanks.
                          Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

what about the stats , what are the new stats included like 4s,6s, most man of the match, so on

is there ipl in icc 2009 ???
                            thats the bottomline bcoz stone cold said so

Comment

i also wants to know about stats
                              Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Working...
                              X