No announcement yet.

The Greatest Player Ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had a season like that for me but at the end of the season got injured and retired at only the age of 29! i suppose its the way to go though

as an aside not, when a player breaks a bone at the end of the season, does this mean that they automatically retire? as this has happened twice to me now with fairly young players

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks View Post
      He had a season like that for me but at the end of the season got injured and retired at only the age of 29! i suppose its the way to go though

as an aside not, when a player breaks a bone at the end of the season, does this mean that they automatically retire? as this has happened twice to me now with fairly young players
      I don't think they should (at least not automatically anyway). It's a glitch. He doesn't go into the "pool" for re-contracting, therefore he doesn't get a contract, and is lost.

However this DOES happen now and again in real life.

For my beloved Worcestershire we have lost Reuben Spiring, Ricardo Elcocks and a few others due to muscle/bone issues closed season - all well before age 30 (Simon Jones - I know he re-signed for Hampshire, but he hasn't played for almost 2 years, I in all probability won't again)

So correcting the automatic resignation due to any injury is great, adding a more subtle system where some players ARE lost (as happens all the time) is something else.

Paul
      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks View Post

Yeh Wainwright I trained at surrey for years

He was an opener in T20, one season his S/R was 160+

Economy in T20 was 4.8!!!!!! No lies

He retired at 31

Comment

he is the best batsman

Comment

Working...
          X