So... I cheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... I cheated

I was Middlesex, and I hate T20 matches, mainly because my bowlers get spanked and my batsmen can't score. I moved all my players to 255 batting ability, sussex beat me by 8 wickets

Originally posted by anant_shah94 View Post
    I was Middlesex, and I hate T20 matches, mainly because my bowlers get spanked and my batsmen can't score. I moved all my players to 255 batting ability, sussex beat me by 8 wickets
    And....point being? Cheating doesn't work anyway, so don't do it.
    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Originally posted by anant_shah94 View Post
      how do you use the editor?

Comment

Originally posted by Golaxi View Post
        how do you use the editor?
        Dont get sucked in using the Editor. Ruins the point of ICC. If you want to discuss an editor, do it elsewhere, not in this forum
        The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
          Dont get sucked in using the Editor. Ruins the point of ICC. If you want to discuss an editor, do it elsewhere, not in this forum
          didn't know there was an editor tbh

Comment

Well there isn't an official editor, just some people who want to make 1000 every Test and 600 every ODI and bowl the opposition out for 20 and 80 every game, decided to spend their time developing this pointless tool, and then discuss it with other players.

And the funny thing is, without mentioning names, some of the people who discuss the editor the most are the same people who hung out 'without eating or drinking' anything for ICC09 to come out. Surely if they went through all that, they would be grateful for the game and keep it honest.
            The Cult Of Personality

Comment

I have to object. My main reason for helping develop the editor was in the interest of statistics - to see how Childish Things rated different players in comparison to others.

I admit that I did once or twice make super players, but that gets boring very quickly, and there is no point to it. The makers of the editor are strongly against people who use it for dishonest means.

Just like to share my two cents.

Comment

It's still pretty average to just undermine the game developers by manipulating their hard work. How would you feel if you spent all your time and money to create a pretty good, original game, only for people who want to go ahead and change the whole game just to satisfy what they believe the game should reflect.
                Would you do that to say, FIFA if you had the chance?
                All creating an editor is doing is the following:
                -->Causing the developers to spend more time to create editor-proof game, thus more money, thus increasing the cost of the game for us
                -->Ultimately, you will cause the developers to cease making the game, because its just going to become unprofitable and unascertainable for them to continue.

At the end of the day, legally it is a copyright infringement, and I'm sure if Childish Things had the resources that EA and the like do, they will be after you.
                The Cult Of Personality

Comment

No game is editor proof, and some of those EA made games have built in editors, something that many people on these forums are clamouring for. ICC's main rival CC has an editor I believe but I've only played the demo. It is to the people's credit that they haven't switched to that game instead.

I think a simple solution is to limit how good a player can be. In CC there is a maximum value of 100 for each statistic, and players can't be better than that, with many near it. In ICC it is possible to make people inhuman which I don't think is right.

I don't feel that we are undermining their hard work. In some ways we are prolonging the game's appeal by creating new scenarios with players rated differently.

It has been possible to edit the players since the first game, yet Childish Things haven't done anything about that.

It is not copyright infringement because we are not passing it off as our own game or anything similar. There are a lot more of this sort of thing for Cricket 07 for PC, yet nothing has been done about that.

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
                    It's still pretty average to just undermine the game developers by manipulating their hard work. How would you feel if you spent all your time and money to create a pretty good, original game, only for people who want to go ahead and change the whole game just to satisfy what they believe the game should reflect.
                    Would you do that to say, FIFA if you had the chance?
                    All creating an editor is doing is the following:
                    -->Causing the developers to spend more time to create editor-proof game, thus more money, thus increasing the cost of the game for us
                    -->Ultimately, you will cause the developers to cease making the game, because its just going to become unprofitable and unascertainable for them to continue.

At the end of the day, legally it is a copyright infringement, and I'm sure if Childish Things had the resources that EA and the like do, they will be after you.
                    There is Editor for EA Sports FIFA . And EA will not do anything against it .

With this editor you can unlock locked games , teams , jersey , balls everything you want .

It's boring to play and win 100 games to unlock legendary mode . I did it in FIFA 2008 and 2009 .

I will not do the same thing again with FIFA 2010 .

Now , I want to make a Jonty Rhodes in ICC . My prayers are dropping catches . I need to know how to edit fielding skills .

Comment

Originally posted by str View Post
                      Now , I want to make a Jonty Rhodes in ICC . My prayers are dropping catches . I need to know how to edit fielding skills .
                      Your prayers or players? Lol
                      I think it's definitely on the agenda (hopefully) to have fielding training in the next ICC. It is an important tool that needs to be looked at and included.
                      The Cult Of Personality

Comment

"No game is editor proof, and some of those EA made games have built in editors, something that many people on these forums are clamouring for. ICC's main rival CC has an editor I believe but I've only played the demo. It is to the people's credit that they haven't switched to that game instead."

From what I hear, the majority of people play both. And apparently the sim and gameplay in ICC is quite significantly better than CC

"I think a simple solution is to limit how good a player can be. In CC there is a maximum value of 100 for each statistic, and players can't be better than that, with many near it. In ICC it is possible to make people inhuman which I don't think is right."

They do have a limit.

"I don't feel that we are undermining their hard work. In some ways we are prolonging the game's appeal by creating new scenarios with players rated differently."

How is modifying the core of a game not undermining one's hard work? I don't see how you can justify it.
                        And what scenarios can you create with and editor that would be different to any other scenario that ICC can provide?
                        Chase 800 in an ODI? Score 1200 on the last day of a Test to win? Finish a game inside 2 sessions? Very realistic.

"It has been possible to edit the players since the first game, yet Childish Things haven't done anything about that."

The editor is not released by Childish Things though. How can they, with their minimal budget and even smaller profit, monitor everything everyone does with the game.

"It is not copyright infringement because we are not passing it off as our own game or anything similar. There are a lot more of this sort of thing for Cricket 07 for PC, yet nothing has been done about that."

By dicussing and openly sharing the editor, you are technically infringing on their intellectual property.
                        It's like having a TV show, and then creating a spin-off without the authorisation or consent of the original producers of the TV Show. It's illegal, and infringing on the orginial owner's property.
                        The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Easy Officer, nobody is breaking the law here, Just because you are against an editor doesn't mean people can't use one, I like to use editors in games to create "What If" situations, I never beef up anything unless it's part of the game i am playing.
                          I do it with most of the sport games i play to see how 1 player can change the history of a team, I sure don't create super teams and i don't play online.
                          So i can't see how one person playing in their own universe is hurting you or the makers of the game, it should be about playing the game the way I want to play it, it's MY MONEY i am spending NOT YOURS

my 2c worth

Comment

i dont see the point of an editor. if u want to win every game by a big margin then just play on easy level. most of us though want to test ourselfs without the cheating

Comment

The editor issue has been discussed by us for a long time. The way abilities are determined is completely separate from any editor, and as such it would take us time to create an official editor. Since there is already an unofficial one, and we are still against people having the ability to change things, we have thusfar decided against making an official one.

As for player limits, it's not Childish Things' responsibility to create limits so that the unofficial ediot can't be abused.

There is very little we can do about the editor, other than say we disapprove of it. However, if "cheating" at a game makes it more enjoyable for you, then as long as you are a paying customer, it's your perogative.

Comment

Working...
                              X