X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Reb
    replied
    Im cruising through this game with England and am on top of the test ranks and have jsut won my second World Cup, some great players are A.Cook, Julian Flynn, Mitch Rowell and Michael Munday.

I will psot some screen shots shortly

Leave a comment:

• Myrmecophaga
    replied
    I'm in '10 now with Surrey. I have a RF and a RFM bowler, each with a second team average of 17.something. I have signed Rahul Dravid, Ambrose, Jefferson and Afzaal, and so have a pretty amazing batting line up,.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    I'm now into 2010 with Essex. Middlebrook and Westfield were released. Tom Smith (the Lancs one) and a youth batsman called Marcus Bowes were signed. Smith has been economical and Bowes scored two centuries in a win over Worcs, and got 2 wickets in the second innings. Handy little leg-spinner.

Good start. Won 2 Championship games, but lost to Somerset. They signed Rashid. And won my last 2 Challenge Trophy games. Middlesex and Sussex the sufferers. I have to bowl first, otherwise I lose. I'm happy with the side, though my seamers are still a bit of a problem. Smith is likely to play the whole season, if he doesn't bag wickets, he is always tight. Masters is good in the shorter formats, not so good in the Championship.

Leave a comment:

• G-Reb
    replied
    icc 2008 progress

i started an England career and just started the 3rd year as captain, my test team consist of A.Cook, M.Carberry, J.Flynn, K.Pieterson, O.Shah, L.Wright (due to P.Collingwood retirement), T.Ambrose, R.Sidebottom, J.Anderson, M.Hoggard and M.Munday.

I have found that Michael Munday is a superstar and has taken 184 wickets in 27 tests and Alistair Cook is a gun with the bat scoring 2000 runs in his first 2 seasons.
    we are second on the test list, and 6th on the ODI list, with the leader of test batting A.Cook nd bowling M.Munday

Great game, kepp the good stuff up

Leave a comment:

• Detroit500
    replied
    West Indies just won the test series against Sri lanks going 1-0...we had exceptional bowling in the frirst test match making our 2nd innings an easy run chase of 223.
    In the second test match we batted untill the end of 3rd day session 1..bowled sri lanka out cheap. but they managed to rebound batting untill the end of the match.
    Now i must play the ODI's and win!

Leave a comment:

• itsreallybig
    replied
    Essex

Hi All,

I started out with Essex in Div 2, won the league easily and in the first season in Div 1 one the league again. I was rubbish at the limited overs games but im not too worried about that.

In the last 2 years, my best batter has been Ryan ten Doeschate who in this season in Div 1 scored 2104 runs (highest 279), last season he scored 1921 runs so he's been my life saver. Best bowler has been my pakistan spinner Kaneira who last season took 130 wickets and this season took 121 wickets. Alistair Cook has been off doing the international team thing so ive been relying on Ryan ten Doeschate and Jefferson who I bought after the first season. Oh and I also won the Div 1 CC with a record of 8 wins and 8 draws with 0 losses. starting to enjoy the game now

Leave a comment:

• acook
    replied
    just finnished 1st season with lancs. won county championship on the final day and won the t20 cup. yousuf scored 1710 runs and anderson took 91 wickets. However I've let yousuf go and brought in shaun masrh as overseas. Let sutton chapple cork smith newby sutcliffe chilton and marshall go. Law retired. brought in trescothick, luke wright and charl willoughby. gareth cross is now my keeper and I have no back up. I also have a second team full of youngsters.
    Last edited by acook; 07-20-2008, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    I lost 8 games in my group with Essex in the T20, my overall NetRR was -16.

Doing well in the Championship. Currently 4th, 27 points behind 1st. Mid-season. Pettini and Gallian are in the runs. Bopara has got back into form after a woeful T20, Foster is getting runs too.

Leave a comment:

• Detroit500
    replied
    right now i advanced to the 20 Over final against Kent. I play as Somerset, I went 9-1 during the whole season. Last game i scored 183-2..with 22 runs coming off just the 1st over. Justin Langer joined our team in the KO stage..he's a beast!! He had international duties to do for a long time..now my team is a monster with Langer.
    Currently 1st place in my Pro League..6th in County Champ..i got knocked off in the challenge trophy after the 1st round (KO stage).

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Winning games is very rewarding, especially when your bowling attack is as weak as mine. Masters and Kaneria are firing now though. Even Tudor is getting wickets. Looks like promotion out of Pro40 Div 2 is a certainty, mid-table finish in the CC.

Leave a comment:

• MarksNotts
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    He's just finding form, no big score as yet. But he has scored 4 half centuries in a row. Struggling with my openers. Cook is off at England a lot of the time, Pettini and Chopra aren't doing much.

I'm loving this game. Very addictive, although maybe that's because I can't wait to get to the transfer window so I can buy a decent pace bowler!

Won 5 out of 5 Pro40 games. Kaneria and Phillips are doing very well in those games, Ten Doeschate is a decent OD bowler too. Though I don't fully trust him. Bopara is on fire, 1240 runs in 11 FC matches. Would be nice to win a trophy in my first season.
    Thats not bad going, as regards to Gallian i always found him better when you left him on 1 or 2 bars aggression, as he is a good slow accumilator of runs. And yes this new version is definitely the best yet, so addictive, i havent stopped playing it since it came out.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
    How have you found Gallian ?, he used to get bags of runs for me when he was at Notts.
    He's just finding form, no big score as yet. But he has scored 4 half centuries in a row. Struggling with my openers. Cook is off at England a lot of the time, Pettini and Chopra aren't doing much.

I'm loving this game. Very addictive, although maybe that's because I can't wait to get to the transfer window so I can buy a decent pace bowler!

Won 5 out of 5 Pro40 games. Kaneria and Phillips are doing very well in those games, Ten Doeschate is a decent OD bowler too. Though I don't fully trust him. Bopara is on fire, 1240 runs in 11 FC matches. Would be nice to win a trophy in my first season.

Leave a comment:

• Ayub95
    replied
    I found Galian rubbish in 16 FC games 167 runs at 16.?? Chopra 1023 at 40.?? the diffrence is big and cook 1500 in 11 FC Game

Leave a comment:

• MarksNotts
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Eventually won my first CC game, against Middlesex. Chasing down 297 in just 55 overs in the last 2 sessions on Day Four. Tim Phillips grabbing 5-85 in the first innings. Went through the T20, won 4 out of 10. Didn't get enough runs.

I've been impressed by Palladino, one of the few bowlers at Essex who look like getting wickets.

How have you found Gallian ?, he used to get bags of runs for me when he was at Notts.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Eventually won my first CC game, against Middlesex. Chasing down 297 in just 55 overs in the last 2 sessions on Day Four. Tim Phillips grabbing 5-85 in the first innings. Went through the T20, won 4 out of 10. Didn't get enough runs.

I've been impressed by Palladino, one of the few bowlers at Essex who look like getting wickets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X