This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to srt

I can understand but still it is very difficult to make a player of such class who will maintain an average of 72 throughout his test career.. That is Bradmanesque you see.

What are your ICC rankings?

Comment

I made an international team with all bowlers and a wicket keeper . Won two World Cups . Number one in ODI rankings . skipping the tests .

Bowlers can really bat . Piyush Chawla is doing great . I think he can take over 800 wickets both test and ODI and score over 8000 runs .

Comment

I got an excellent game going with Glamorgan. In the second season, I came second in the 1st division of the County Championship, reached the semi-finals of the Twenty20, won the Pro40 2nd division and the Challenge Trophy.

I signed Di Venuto, Bopara, Cooray (Sri Lanka) and Broad for the new season. The team now looks like this:

1. Francois Du Plessis
        2. Michael Di Venuto
        3. Ryan Ten doeschate
        4. Ravinder Bopara
        5. Jamie Dalrymple
        6. Michael Powell
        7. Phil Mustard
        8. Stuart Broad
        9. Adam Shantry
        10. Cooray
        11. James Harris

I also have Ryan Watkins (had a class first season with the bat but a poor second season), Matthew Wood, Dean Eldershaw (young fast bowling all rounder but a better batsman than bowler), Alfonso Thomas, Graeme Swann, Mark Wallace and Dean Cosker. Plus a few others who are not near the first team.

Comment

Alfonso Thomas plays excellent for my Somerset . Great bowler . He bats in #3 position in first class in my team . and #8 in one day .

He is always in my first team .

Comment

I have Piyush. I delayed him for about 6 years. Till then I was playing Harbhajan. Now he is 33 and having played 83 tests he has taken 540 wickets with a test century as well..

Comment

Ashwin is another bowler .

he Bats is #5 position in my all bowlers and a wicket keeper team .

He scored 279 runs and took 21 wickets . My wicket keeper G Gambhir scored 481 runs .

Won the World Cup .

NOW I am thinking who is the "Man of the Tournament" ?

Comment

Originally posted by str View Post
                Alfonso Thomas plays excellent for my Somerset . Great bowler . He bats in #3 position in first class in my team . and #8 in one day .

He is always in my first team .
                He was a bit inconsistent for me with the ball last season but was quite reliable down the order.

I lost a couple of 50 over games at the start of third season due to the hole in my bowling attack. Ten doeschate and Dalrymple are classed as all rounders but are pretty poor bowlers - I find Dalrymple to be slightly better in the four day games. So I dropped Powell from the team and pick between Swann and Thomas (both of them are good enough to bat at 7 after my strong middle order).

The bowling attack has an excellent look to it now. Shantry and Harris are good bowlers both capable of match-winning performances. Cooray is an excellent spin bowler and Broad is proving to be very useful with bat and ball.

Comment

Alfonso Thomas is an one change bowler for me . He bowls 4 over in his first spell . I bring him back after 34th over in one day . His second spell is dangerous . Try it . You will see . Sometimes he takes 6 wickets in his second spell .

Comment

Good Players

I have found a few real dynamites whilst playing the game.

Samit Patel - Trained his bowling, now is a star all rounder, bats 3 gets over 1000 runs a season every year.
                    Ravi Bopara - trained his bowling, also now is a good all rounder, bats at 4 or opens gets regular OD 100's about 1000 Runs a season.
                    Rob Key - Scores quickly in OD's about 4-5 aggression to start, gets you off to a good start usually gets 50's at about 90-100 S/R
                    Michael Carberry - Great FC batsmen, gets runs but scores slowly sometimes.
                    Adam Shantry - 70-80 FC wickets a season usually gets snapped up by england, even scores runs in the lower order, he got 103 against Gloucestshire.
                    James Harris - Scores runs down the order (with training) yet to score a hundred, but 4 seasons in has scored 3-4 50's in the last 2 seasons. Gets 70-80 Wickets a season, Economical in OD.
                    Gareth Batty/Graham Swann - Used Them to open the bowling in OD matches (even though a spinner) and they takes early wickets and doesent go for many, get a few quick runs down the order.
                    Jamie Daylrymple - His batting is fantastic, can score at around 180-200 S/R with 7-8 Aggression. Great in OD's. Although his bowling is quite average but sometimes cherps in with a couple of wickets.
                    Tim Ambrose - Opened or at 4 or 5, always gets consistant runs, 1 season got 1600 runs with 6 100's and 5 50's.

Top Tip

Opening the bowling with a spinner when defending a total in a One Day match, works a treat. Usually get a few wickets and keep the run rate down to about 3-4 an over, although the bowler at the other end sometimes end up getting hit round the park.

Comment

Agreed with most of the ones you've nominated there; generally, other people have also found them to be excellent players in ICC08.

Comment

I just started the 2021 and got this in a one day game and was like... awesome... gotta join up and show... It wowed me :P

Comment

My South Africa scored 456 against Bangladesh in an ODI .

Comment

I am currently in the 2014 season with Middlesex. In my first season i managed to come last in all competitions and was subsequently relegated to Division 2. I took this opportunity to offload some players and bring in some youth, which worked to great effect. I finished 1st in D2 of the County Championship and the Pro 40. I won the 50 over comp and got to the semi's of the 20-20.

From here i have managed to win the County Championship every year, the 50 over comp 3 years (with a runners up in another), 3 20/20 wins and 3 pro 40 wins (a runners up only by run rate.).

I have also been able to unearth some Gems, with Billy Godleman playing for England with 47 test and 3541 runs at 41.17. Kabir Toor who has just dominated now playing for England with 14 matches 108 wickets at 14.53 and a youth i picked up early by the name of Wilbur Janson playing 35 tests with 186 wickets at 23.14.

I have also managed to pick up alot of great players including Thomas New, Charles Huckerby and James Harris.

Players that are still dominating from my original squad are Ed Smith, Owasis Shah, Ed Joyce, Tim Murtagh and Steve Finn. Quality young players i have picked up in the last 2 years include Mike Wilkinson, James Godwin, Raymond Quentin, James Bucknall and Jack Hughes.

In 2014 i have won all County Matches, into the qtr finals of the 50 over comp and yet to start the 20/20 and pro 40.

Comment

well i am playing as india and in three season i won 17 draw 11 lost 0 in odi won 25 lost 11 tie 2 i simply cant lose test my batter are brilliant i normally score 500+ in 1st in

Comment

This any good?

Alright, it is only against the MCC, but there you go...

Comment

Working...
                                X