Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it's not just you - national selection and selection in general are real problems. The issue is that the CPU seems to pick players based on their skill, or alternatively their potential (i.e. a combination of skill and age). Performance and form appear to play a minimal role.

Consequently, a few problems emerge: (1) you get cases like batsmen playing 50 tests in which they've managed one century; they get picked again and again purely because of their hidden skill attributes. (2) the game is far too sensitive to age: even if a batsman or bowler does have good form and good hidden skill attributes (you can roughly work it out their skill by looking at how many runs they need to score in order for their match form to be good), if they're 27 or 28 they probably won't get a cap. Which is absolute nonsense in the real world. Conversely, players get picked before they're ready - you get 21 year olds who score a decent amount of runs in their county side, but before you know it, they're in the test side... and averaging about 30.

Comment

Munday Madness.

Just played my first season in Full Game mode, played with Somerset and Michael Munday was a madman..

Comment

Munday's far too good - in my Hampshire save, when Munday takes fewer than 110 wickets in a season (for Somerset), then I regard him as having had a poor season. And just to highlight the need for an overhaul of how players are selected for international sides in ICC, he has never played a test match in my save either.

Comment

Just got back in to playing this again, currently in my first season with Leics. Doing well in the FPT, dire in the Championship. Poor back up bowling and a batting line up that is susceptible to collapsing. Good challenge.

Comment

I am struggling to regain interest in the game after i lost my Somerset save, i was about 15 years in and had some really good young English players.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by str View Post
                [images]
                Indeed, using the editor or repeatedly reloading the game can produce some amazing results.

Comment

Never used editor . restart your PC again and again will crash both PC and game .

Make very poor for bowlers wicket and start scoring runs . You can chase 300 in one day with out losing a wicket .

Comment

Originally posted by str View Post
                    Never used editor . restart your PC again and again will crash both PC and game .

Make very poor for bowlers wicket and start scoring runs . You can chase 300 in one day with out losing a wicket .
                    By reloading the game, I mean: opening the "Saves" folder, copy-pasting the save file, then quitting the game every time you lose a wicket, deleting the original save and loading the copied save... then repeat. I guess there are other techniques, but that's one of the common ones I've seen people do in various games. I don't believe that scoresheet could happen for one second. You've clearly put your players on close to full aggression for the entire innings; and you're expecting us to believe that you can just go through at full aggression with two mediocre batsmen and have them score, oh, a lazy couple of thousand runs. It's inconsequential, really - you're welcome to do whatever you like with your own game - but it's really obvious when people do it.

Comment

Played with Hampshire . Very poor for bowlers wicket-

Comment

Sri lanka international

im currently playing wid sri lanka in international and im currently in
                        2022 april.....i have the 2023 world cup next year....quite impressing that ive reached so far....jayawardene retired on 39 years and sanath retired in 2011

quite fassinating.....in a test match against aus....mahela scored 529*....lol
                        i knw.....i made a man called w palleguruge....and played wid him 99 test before he retired and he took 600 test wickets....

really good feature of rankings......

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNW IF THERE ARE ANY CHEAT CODES OR SOME TRICKS OF THIS GAME....

AND YA IN THIS GAME BANGLADESH IS HELL LOT BETTER TEAM....BANGLADESH WON THE 2011 WC, 2014 WC AND REACHED TILL THE FINALS IN 2019....POFF..!!

WAITING FOR REPLY...!

Comment

Bangladesh's Farhad Reza can win a match from no where in ICC 2008 . But most of the time he fails when I play with him . He plays better against me . Opener Mehrab Hossain scored 165 in a world cup match for me . He is a gold standard . Scored 132 against Australia .

Comment

I guess I am also facing the hazards of not taking Bangladesh as my team. I reached the finals of the 2011 WC and I guess Bangladesh beating me in that was inevitable.

Am currently in January 2022 wating to reach 2030 where I guess we might get players who are not even born now. That i presume will be something amazing. My best player thus far has been M. Singh who is currently playing and is 30 years of age with a batting average of 72 in 68 tests.

ANyone to beat him?

Comment

Bangladesh has good youth players . I won the 2011 world cup . Lost against Bangladesh in group stage .

Now I have more skills . Bangladesh is not a problem anymore .

Comment

Originally posted by aggvaibhav View Post
                                ANyone to beat him?
                                I can beat him but I have 8 or 9 saves with different teams . So it will take some time .

Comment

Working...
                                X