Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's 2 Rana Naved's in my game. One is a Bowler only and the other is a All-rounder! Pakistan Squad.

Comment

Realistic Abilities/ Selections

A few issues after briefly playing the game.........

Players such as Phil Mustard, Luke Wright are not getting into the Durham and Sussex first teams and when they do they fail to score big runs or perform well. This is unrealistic as they are on the fringes of England selction and should perform better. Also players who would never play for England are being selcted for them.

It is difficult to score at high run rates and scores in Twenty 20 Cricket are unrealistic as they rarely reach 150 even when they only lose 1 wicket. This I feel is a big problem.

And also international squads........... You can only select 1 squad of 18 for a tour (surely there should be 2 separate squads for test and odi cricket) considering players in england test team such as vaughan, strauss, cook, ambrose, monty are not in the odi setup.

lastly I think there should be a central copntracts system to give more control over certain county games and things.

Comment

This is for database errors only, so please post this in a features request thread.

Comment

All the Sri Lankan players have their initials as their first names, not their preferred names. For example, it would read L Silva in game, then Chamara Silva in the player profile screen.

Comment

Data Errors

For Yorkshire..........

Tim Bresnan is down as just a bowler not all-rounder unlike Rana- Naved who is down as an all-rounder. Tim Bresnan is clearly more of an allrounder than rana as he has scored several first-class centuries, Rana however I would class a just a bowler.

Pyrah again is down as an opener although in reality he is a medium paced seamer who bats in the lower order for the one dayers and twenty20.

I think that the abilities of upcoming England players is under rated with players such as Mustard, Luke Wright, Mascarenhas and Bopara failing to score a hundred between them in the only season I played (on the trial game) and at times not even being selected for their counties.

Comment

From playing a full county season, I have found the following:

Ryan Watkins of Glamorgan is far too good - averaged about 70 for the season!
              Neil Dexter of Kent is also far too good - England picked him even though I rarely selected him for Kent.
              James Goodman and Alex Blake should both be at Kent (not just available to buy at start of game)
              David Wainwright of Yorkshire is mainly a bowler, not an all-rounder and he averaged over 40 with the bat - should reduce his batting skill.
              Naqqash Tahir of Warwicks is far too good - took about 90 wickets!
              Adam Shantry of Glamorgan is too good - gets selected by England
              Michael Munday of Somerset is still far too good (as in previous versions) took about 80 odd wickets
              Saqlain Mushtaq - difficult one- prob not too good (took about 65 wickets) but gets selected by England - any way to make him slightly worse?!
              Mark Davies (A Davies) of Durham is again far too good and always gets in the England squad.
              Last edited by KentLad; 07-14-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: additional player update

Comment

Ishant Sharma is just RFM when he is RF and doesn't develop well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Arunava View Post
                  Ishant Sharma is just RFM when he is RF and doesn't develop well enough.
                  You do realise that in this game RMF is faster than RFM, don't you?

Comment

How u know tat RMF are faster then RFM?

Comment

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but Andy Flintoff is far too expensive. He often goes for 4+ runs an over in tests and is always one of my most expensive bowlers in ODIs. I also think he is not good enough, but this might be something to do with his economy rate.

The other major problem I've noticed in all ICCs is that bowlers lose form a lot easier than batsman. It is very hard to maintain a bowler at decent form without giving them some 2nd XI cricket every few matches, whereas batsman just require a couple of above average scores to have good form.

Comment

Originally posted by IndiaWarrior View Post
                        How u know tat RMF are faster then RFM?
                        It's common knowledge to those of us who've been around for a long while playing ICC and have been involved in ICC forums.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                          You do realise that in this game RMF is faster than RFM, don't you?
                          perhaps yes i didn't realise that. can you explain how would you put a bowler who @ 19 yrs bowls at 138-150 kmph. how wud he develop. what are the chances he will slow down and what are the chances he maintains this or raises 1 or 2 km's

also how would you categorise this speed . ..RFM or RF / FM or F

- i might not be participating in this or other forums for years. .but what i've realised is that RF will get bowled out more often . .that is beaten by pace instead or RFM

also. .this guy doesn't develop as well as he should.

Comment

Originally posted by Arunava View Post
                            perhaps yes i didn't realise that. can you explain how would you put a bowler who @ 19 yrs bowls at 138-150 kmph. how wud he develop. what are the chances he will slow down and what are the chances he maintains this or raises 1 or 2 km's

also how would you categorise this speed . ..RFM or RF / FM or F

- i might not be participating in this or other forums for years. .but what i've realised is that RF will get bowled out more often . .that is beaten by pace instead or RFM

also. .this guy doesn't develop as well as he should.
                            These are questions that Chris would be best to answer for you.

Comment

Luke Ronchi for Australia needs to be Very Aggressive not just normal

Strike Rate

First Class 88.78
                              List A 108.26
                              20/20 163.73
                              ODI 205.40

Comment

I have seen how ronchi played for mumbai indians in IPL,he is not too good.

Comment

Working...
                                X