Patch delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys,

What are you moaning about, its not Chris's fault. Its the fault of someone else.

Comment

This is Chris's job so rest assured he is doing his best to get it working. He isn't procrasinating. As Sureshot said, ASAP stands for as soon as possible, and right now it is not possible.

Manual install of the patch would be a complicated procedure with the bug fixes.

Comment

I think the source of the frustration is that earlier it was indicated it was possible, just that a bill wasnt paid....

Comment

I don't know the specifics but Chris said that there was a server issue due to a bill being unpaid. For all I know, it may be more complicated than that as the server may have taken it completely down or offered to sell it elsewhere.

Comment

When all is said and done, it is now what seems an eternity down the line and still no patch.

I've personally given up on it now and uninstalled ICC on my laptop to give me back some precious memory space as I've been waiting for patched version before playing it again.

I may buy 2009 as I genuinely enjoy the game but for this issue, I just don't think this patch will ever come to fruition, for whatever reason.

Comment

Sadly, there is more chance of winning the lottery than a patch being released for this game.

I hope that things change in the future, because i wasted nearly twenty pounds on this game when i could have easily obtained it for free.

Comment

Just to say I think its good to see people joining in this one, on either side.

I think that open debate should be welcomed, and whilst I have probably been the most vociferous on here, its nice to know that I am not alone...

Comment

[QUOTE=pyjamarama;1864]When all is said and done, it is now what seems an eternity down the line and still no patch. QUOTE]

See this I think has hit the nail totally on the head.

All i have seen on here is people saying "It's not Chris's fault", "He is working really hard", "The patch is on its way", all of this and people are being patient yet why dont we a) either come out and say "Sorry guys, its not going to happen" so people can make the decision on what to do or b) deliver SOME sort of patch, not even a bugfix, just an update just SOMETHING.

I realise developing a game is hard but people HAVE paid good money for it, and expect a decent game.

Comment

I don't see how you've 'wasted' twenty dollars on this game. It isn't a pile of shit, it is a very good game which just has a few issues that need ironing out with regards to bugs.

Comment

• None of the bugs are earth shattering, none of them ruin gameplay and all of them are temporary, so if they do show up they are gone fairly soon. As for the database, yes there are some errors but frankly anyone who plays the game for long enough will get past that. I was upset that Greg Lamb bowled RM in the game, so I cut him since he wasn't that good, and moved on. Now I am in 2013, most of my players are regens and it doesn't really matter.

The patch will come in time, if it isn't up soon I will speak to Chris about releasing it manually at least for the time being.

Comment

• The issues have finally been resolved and the patch will be officially released today (Monday).

Comment

• Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
                          The issues have finally been resolved and the patch will be officially released today (Monday).
                          Good stuff. Cheers.

Comment

• good news after a very long time
                            Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

• any latest update or announcement

Comment

• Hmmm...

Just downloaded the patch, it said Patching complete.

Load up the game again, it has not patched, still version 8.11, and has wiped all my saved games.....

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X