Patch delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyril,

Thank you for your insightful comments on 24 hour news cycles. In actual fact, I think the first proposals for this patch were mentioned in August, which is three months ago. If you have a read of the other forums and threads you will see that people have been asking for a patch since approx May, which is five months ago. Thus, with a game with a life cycle of a year, thats quite a long wait, particularly for any game that puts Adam Shantry as one of the best bowlers (lets not even go there).

Thank you for commenting on my patience, again, masterful.

Comment

To be honest, I think I'd rather wait for it and make sure it works properly than have it come out now and not work. I mean, if theres problems with it now, and they release it, then G1inger will still be complaining because it has problems, so just be patient and wait for it to come out without problems and stop whining about it, its a game patch, they dont have to do it, so they are being nice enough to make it, so show some respect and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Hootington View Post
        To be honest, I think I'd rather wait for it and make sure it works properly than have it come out now and not work. I mean, if theres problems with it now, and they release it, then G1inger will still be complaining because it has problems, so just be patient and wait for it to come out without problems and stop whining about it, its a game patch, they dont have to do it, so they are being nice enough to make it, so show some respect and wait.
        It is ready, its Softwrap where the delay is now apparently.

Comment

It's very rare that I think that a developer has shafted his buyers, and maybe it isn't the case this time, but the complete lack of correspondence from Chris in the last 3 months combined with the continual 'it's not Chris' fault' line and the fact that the main quote on his website is from himself has made me feel cheated on this title.

The quote is probably the most scurrilous of all " 'The most addicitve cricket game you'll ever play' - Chris Child". That's like me setting up a dummy website and phishing fields, but posting a message on the front saying 'The best money I've ever spent!' - completely disingenious.

Comment

Originally posted by G1inger View Post
            Cyril,

Thank you for your insightful comments on 24 hour news cycles. In actual fact, I think the first proposals for this patch were mentioned in August, which is three months ago. If you have a read of the other forums and threads you will see that people have been asking for a patch since approx May, which is five months ago. Thus, with a game with a life cycle of a year, thats quite a long wait, particularly for any game that puts Adam Shantry as one of the best bowlers (lets not even go there).

Thank you for commenting on my patience, again, masterful.
            I was referring to the fact that while "proposals" for the patch may have begun three months ago, the first indication that a patch had been completed and submitted to the publishers was less than three weeks ago.

Originally posted by AlexB View Post
            It's very rare that I think that a developer has shafted his buyers, and maybe it isn't the case this time, but the complete lack of correspondence from Chris in the last 3 months combined with the continual 'it's not Chris' fault' line and the fact that the main quote on his website is from himself has made me feel cheated on this title.

The quote is probably the most scurrilous of all " 'The most addicitve cricket game you'll ever play' - Chris Child". That's like me setting up a dummy website and phishing fields, but posting a message on the front saying 'The best money I've ever spent!' - completely disingenious.
            No-one forced you to buy it. If those things are so obviously "scurrilous", then that should have alerted you in the first place and you would have shied away. Certainly, I've voiced my opinion that the game has lost the professionalism it once had, and the website certainly doesn't have that slick, commercial feel. But I still bought the game (EDIT: well, it was given to me - but after consultation!), and I'm not overly disappointed with the result.
            Last edited by Cyril Washbrook; 11-29-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

there is only a limit of optimism one can have, unless one starts to show off for the heck of it.

patch meant to enhance or exciten the gameplay, is no good if the novelty interest of the game is already lost. i'll still welcome the free update, but might as well ask the lame distributors (and/or creators) not to repeat the same in future.

Comment

No-one seems to have mentioned...

....that this hiatus in releasing the patch we all need also applies to those who did not purchase the softwrap version.
                I bought my copy from "Game". Yet still seem constrained by Softwrap's distribution policy.

Now that the situation has reached this stage (i.e a patch written) It seems a little incongruous that retail purchasers are hamstrung like this.

Just a point.

regards

Paul Clarke
                The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

good point raised above here, which in my "incessant trolling" i appear to have overlooked.

Can the patch not just be put online for people to download, like on rapidshare or something?

And as for the idea of that "no-one forced you to buy the game" YAWN, people thought they were buying one thing then got another, I thought i was buying an up-to-date database, I didnt get that, then I thought there would be a patch released to remedy this problem, I didnt get that.

This constant "It's not Chris's fault" is getting stupid, no one is saying "Chris, its your fault" what we are saying is, its a joke and it has to be someones fault.

Comment

I have no idea what is going on and I agree that it is strange that it has taken so long. As has been said though, the database contained some errors but it wasn't out of date. I will speak to Chris again but that's all I can do.

Is the patch going to come out eventually? I don't see why not, since it was completed.

Comment

The issue with Softwrap was resolved, but the server is currently down because a bill wasn't paid. Chris understands your frustration but assures you all that the patch is ready to go and will be up ASAP.

Comment

Have we paid the bill yet?

Comment

Still server problems from my latest contact with Chris. I'll keep you updated.

Comment

I think our definitions of ASAP vary....

Comment

Lol !!!, come on you should know by now
                              Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Originally posted by G1inger View Post
                                I think our definitions of ASAP vary....
                                As Soon As Possible.

It seems we are finally approaching the end of this frustrating process for all.

Originally posted by G1inger
                                Can the patch not just be put online for people to download, like on rapidshare or something?
                                Not sure if Chris has touched base on this or not. My understanding is that if Chris couldn't get the patch sorted through the publishers he'd have to instruct everyone on how to manually install the patch. So by doing it through softwrap the patch is automatically fitted to the game (don't ask me how), whereas to do it unofficially would require more donkey work to get it to work.

Also, sorry for not being around for over a fortnight guys, been snowed under with assignments.

Comment

Working...
                                X