This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2023 Database Feedback

We had a lot of feedback on batting aggression labels pre-release.

To clarify these labels, they are very different from a couple of years ago:

1) These are now automatically assigned based on player data compared against global data.
    2) The aggression labels are just descriptive now. In 2021 and earlier versions a player’s aggression (base SR) was determined by their labelled type. You can have two average aggression players at each end of the "average" scale, but they won't score at the same rate, as that is derived from strike rates.

Likewise, you could have someone average and someone else aggressive, but there's only a 0.1% difference in SR
    3) We have one aggression level for OD/20 over, which is an aggregate of both, but weighted towards 20 over (weighting is new for 2023)

Chris note:
    If you order the players by SR in the initial database you can see that they pretty much match up for FC, apart from players with small numbers of matches who use an aggregated strike rate.

​A reminder on bowling speeds in Cricket Captain.

M > FM > MF > F.

r_j

I didn't reply to a lot of your comments pre-release as most of the white ball aggression types changed after those screenshots.

I hope the above description is useful to everyone.

Comment

Bangladesh -
      Nazmul Hossain Shanto-
      He is certainly having his breakthrough year in 2023.
      Since the start of T20 world Cup, he is scoring runs everywhere, from England to Afghanistan, from T20I to Test.
      But it is not reflected in the game as he rarely gets selected by the AI, let alone score runs.
      Though in real life, he will certainly play regularly at no.3, present and future.
      Needs a solid boost. His ability is fair, I've tweaked his AI selection

Shahadat Hossain -
      Recently got called up to the test team.
      ​​​​Considered a top talent for test cricket in Bangladesh.
      Needs a FC boost.

Zakir Hasan -
      Opener in test cricket, not no.3 .
      Should be selected in the test team, He will be regular from now on after a brilliant start of his international career.
      Needs a FC boost. Changed to opener, boosted and tweaked AI selection.

Taskin Ahmed -
      Surely the best Bangladesh pacer after 2019, but rarely gets selected by the AI and becomes irregular in the domestic too after a few seasons.
      Needs a solid boost.

Hasan Mahmud-
      Highly rated and equally good start of his international career, definitely an auto choice in limited overs cricket.
      but gets ignored by the AI in the game, disappears altogether from the international arena after a while.
      Needs a boost.

These players had the same selection and performance issues in CC22 as well, thought CC23 would be different.
      But it's again the same. With world cup coming next, it becomes hard to relate as a fan if the squad has unknown players.

Bangladesh's pace bowling lineup should have - Taskin, Hasan Mahmud, Ebadat, Shoriful & Mustafizur not those unknown domestic bowlers that AI seems to pick.

(Tried multiple saves to be sure about these points)
      Last edited by Sureshot; 06-24-2023, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Some more on Bangladesh-

Liton Das -
        bats at 6 in test not at 3

Meherob Hasan -
        is listed as a bowler.
        He is actually a batting all-rounder who bats at 6/7. Had a decent DPL with the bat averaging 40+. Changed to all rounder.

Mahfijul Islam -
        listed as a bowler, he should be an opener. Decent List A batting average so far. Changed

Ashiqur Zaman -
        should be RFM not RM Changed

Nahid Rana -
        should be RMF not RM Changed

Asadullah Galib -
        listed as a batter, should be bowler, and RMF/RFM Now RFM bowler.

Khawaja Nafey -
        should be listed as Pakistani Changed

Anamul Haque (22y/o) -
        should be RMF Changed

Rejaur Rahman -
        Should be RFM Changed

Robiul Haq -
        Seems a little bit overrated. Shouldn't get a chance in the squad. Nobbled

Noman Chowdhury -
        Needs a slight reduction in skill maybe.

Sumon Khan -
        Again shouldn’t be around the national selection. Slight nerf required probably. Nobbled and tweaked AI selection.

Jishan Alam -
        Batting needs boost. Averages less than 20 in the game(In every save).
        He is considered as the best U19 batting talent of Bangladesh. Known for his hitting capabilities and solid techniques. Not a bad record either for a new kid.

Abdullah Al Mamun -
        There’s two Abdullah Al Mamun in the game. One born in 2003, another in 2000. Their stats and ability seems to be mixed up with one another.

Mahmudul Hasan(Opener)-
        Recent form might not be very good but still is around the test team in real life. Will get more chances.
        But in the game seems to be nonexisting for international selection.

Rony Talukdar -
        After a good BPL, he has now returned to the T20 team and getting regular chances.
        T20 ability and selection needs boost.

Rishad Hossain -
        His T20I ability and selection needs to be tweaked.
        Made debut against Ireland, also in the squad for Afghanistan T20Is.

I've made various changes to ability for Bangladesh bowlers to balanace this out. I'm getting some different selections to you so injuries are playing a part in your data.

Sri Lanka -

Mahesh Theekshana -
        Stays unselected by the AI most of the time in ODIs, he is nowadays a regular for Sri Lanka. Should be reflected in the game.

I've been making changes to various other SL spinners who were too good to rebalance this.

Matheesha Pathirana -
        After a great IPL, he is now on the way to becoming a regular in the Lankan team. That should also be reflected in the game. Good point, I'm making changes to him.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 06-27-2023, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Moeen Ali keeps retiring after the conclusion of the county season, its happened in 3 of my saves now. He will more than likely play franchise cricket for another 2-3 years, can this be fixed in the next update if possible please.

Comment

We've had a query on our strike rate numbers, in the interest of transparency.

For FC, the bands are:

>61.6 = V Agg

>56.1 = Agg

>50.6 = Avg

>45.2= Def

<45.2 = V.Def

OD and T20 are combined into one SR and an aggression worked out based on that.

Roughly, the SR for OD is:

>93.3 = V Agg

>85.0 = Agg

>76.7 = Avg

>68.5= Def

<68.5 = V.Def

T20 is not so easy to work out, as we have a further multiplier because RRs don’t vary as much by individual. Roughly that is:

>142.5 = V Agg

>129.75 = Agg

>117.0 = Avg

>104.6= Def

<104.6 = V.Def

We would like to stress though that these aggression labels are just that, they're informative they don't serve a gameplay function any more.

Comment

Couple new players to add and another overseas at Glamorgan:

Will Smale is a young batter at Glamorgan who has opened the batting in their last couple t20s. Is a wicket keeper. Added

Cam Fletcher has signed as T20 overseas cover for Ingram at Glamorgan. Added

Justin Broad at Northants is a German batter. Added
              Last edited by Sureshot; 06-24-2023, 10:54 AM.

Comment

At Leicestershire:

Sol Budinger should be a part time keeper I think. Changed

Louis Kimber should be injured until May 30th with a side strain and Callum Parkinson also injured until May 24th also with a side strain. Added

Rishi Patel avg in red ball. Fair call for a newish player. Changed.

Improve Roman Walker's batting. He's borderline a bowling all rounder in real life.

On balance would say Scriven should be avg agg in both. Career S/r of 50 in fc and 82 in List A with not much t20 played.

Rahane no longer coming in as overseas at all so would remove him and move Handscomb to main overseas in his stead.

At Derbyshire:

Zaman Khan improved so he's picked in T20 ahead of Suranga Lakmal who can be nerfed as he's been very poor. Have improved Zaman, he was under-rated.

Zaman Khan should also be RF.

Mattie McKiernan could have T20 bowling improved so that the AI picks him. Have improved him a bit as he was under-rated.

Haider Ali should probably be moved to middle order bat in first class and either 3 or 6 in t20. Didn't open before joining Derbyshire and the shortlived experiment has now been abandoned with much better scores since dropping back down the order!

At Somerset:

Retire Will Smeed from FC as he's on a white ball only deal, he could then be improved with the bat ao as to be more effective in T20. Whilst he's on a white ball only deal, he's only 21 and could well play red ball cricket.

George Thomas is a T20 opener. Changed Also needs to be OD opener.

Tom Kohler-Cadmore has struck at a s/r of 78 in the Championship this season so would suggest increasing his aggressiveness.

James Rew needs a boost in terms of ability and batting agg.

Andy Umeed avg agg in white ball and probably a batting increase after his 600+ runs in the one day cup group stage finishing as top scorer.

At Gloucestershire:

Ben Charlesworth should be improved with the bat slightly and have his white ball aggressiveness increased to agg at least as scored at 165 in the Blast with 2 50s this season.

Miles Hammond s/r of 70 this season in first class and above 47 in career so should be upper end of def I think.

Ben Wells very agg in white ball with s/r above 140 this season and looks useful so perhaps improved with bat.

Ollie Price has scored runs at an avg of 40 this season and a s/r of 53 and been an ever present, I think he should be improved as a batter and moved to a higher aggression than very def, again perhaps top end of def. In contrast Jack Taylor should probably be nerfed a bit as he's had a poor season and should make way for Price in the AI's side.

Other:

James Coles at Sussex s/rs this season have been 66 in FC and 120 odd in T20 so should be avg in both. Probably a batting boost also as been superb.

Michael Jones should also be avg in first class with s/rs of 58 this season and 55 last season. Career s/r of 52.

Finlay Bean def in first class or even avg as s/r of 60 this season and 52 in career.

Bean opened in 8 matches so far ahead of Hill whose batted middle order so think Hill should no longer be opener, seems to have only ever been a stand in.

Matt Fisher could be improved with ball as AI doesn't pick in first class. Bit under-rated, have improved.

Jack Davies avg or above in white ball. Career s/r of 106 in LA and whilst only 121 in t20 has been going at 160 this season in the Blast.

Ethan Brookes bats top order for Warks seconds and at 5 in 50 over full side and often doesn't bowl so should have his potential tilted towards being a batting all rounder.

Ben Martindale is in the same boat as Brookes, opens in LA.

Improve Gus Atkinson and Jon Turner.
                Last edited by Lynx54321; 08-23-2023, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Fixture Update -

Bangladesh vs Afghanistan should be added in Jun-July window.

1 Test, 3 ODI and 2 T20I

Has been added.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 06-27-2023, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Hilal, you're posting style is going back to causing problems. I've just deleted 20 odd soft deleted posts so I can actually read this thread.

Make one post, edit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilal88443344
                      Pakistan vs west Indies series March 2024 series should be moved from PSL.
                      West Indies vs India series should be added (2023)

Overseas players 2 per team in south Africa Domistic t20 should be removed, it has been scraped in real life after franchise t20 tournament.

AI should use 4 fielders most of the times in t20 inside the white line.
                      Hilal88443344 pls post only singular teams' comments per post. Otherwise the posts seem too long and laborious to read.

Comment

I have pointed this out before. N.D.P. Hettiarachchi ( Arosa S.L.) & R.R. Wynter (W.I. Rebel tourist) have not been included in the ATG`s. I would also like to put forward 2 more players for inclusion in the ATG`s, D.R. Chanmugam, who was a member of the 1975 Sri Lankan world cup squad, and P.G.Amm, a South African Cricketer who was selected to play in various representative teams against touring teams.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                          Moeen Ali keeps retiring after the conclusion of the county season, its happened in 3 of my saves now. He will more than likely play franchise cricket for another 2-3 years, can this be fixed in the next update if possible please.
                          Chris has made a change here which I'm testing.

Were you playing as a county or in a different league?

Comment

I've simmed through a few seasons (As Afghanistan, Test only) a few times and have a few things.

For Ireland:

David Rankin, Eddie Richardson, Graeme McCarter should be removed.

Reuben Wilson is the most promising bowler in Ireland and should be added, Matt Weldon also promising. Ryan Hunter considered among the best batting/keeping prospects. Adam Rosslee too. All are currently playing domestically but not in-game. Added

Philippus le Roux has the wrong age, is 24 when he should be 18. Fixed

Morgan Topping is the clear standout batter this domestic season and is poor in game. Similar with Mark Donegan, who is absolute rubbish in-game.

Alistair Frost is a bowler in game. Is an opening batter IRL, arguably an allrounder. Changed to opener

Cormac Hassett is way overrated by the game, seems to be selected by Ireland around a year or two in.

For some reason Josh Little is just abysmal, particularly in ODIs. His ability is more than fair, if anything his ability is too good in game but I will leave as is for now.

Mark Adair stops being picked in all formats after a year or two and his performances are awful. His ability is fair, I've tweaked his AI selection.

Barry McCarthy and Stephen Doheny never even gets selected and are terrible domestically. I've improved McCarthy, Doheny's ability is fair. Tweaked AI selection.

Ross Allen is way overrated. He's a club cricketer who ends up playing for Ireland basically 100% of the time within 2 seasons.

Tom Mayes and Matt Foster need slight boosts. Considered among the most promising pacers in the country and both have national Contracts.

Brandon Kruger should be an opening allrounder, is just a bowler. Changed

Gavin Hoey's batting is overrated, bowling potential underrated.

Nathan McGuire should probably be an opener in all formats. Changed

Matt Humphreys is highly rated but never amounts to anything in Game.

Could also consider adding Sam Harbinson, Conner Fletcher, Harry Zimmerman, Michael Granger. Added, all played this season.

Last edited by Sureshot; 06-28-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Rickleton still keeps wicket when Verrerynne is in the side which isn't accurate, Verrerynne is a better keeper than Rickleton.
                              Delano Potgieter looks underrated, isn't playing FC or OD cricket and is still very underrated with the ball. Has a FC bowling average of 20. Yes, I've improved him massively.
                              Evan Jones looks underrated as a bowler, is only bowling about 5 overs an innings in FC cricket. Have slightly improved, he's not far off.
                              Phelukwayo is overrated, in particular his batting. Shouldn't be making international sides Nobbled with the bat, he did play a few times for SA last season. His bowling isn't that good, it's fair in game.
                              Sean Whitehead is overrated, isn't currently better than Fortune, Shamsi, Maharaj, Linda (who looks a bit underrated). Tweaked Linde and Whitehead
                              Still don't think Ngidi is RF, should be RMF imo. Agreed, changed.
                              Janneman Malan is batting 4 for Boland in FC cricket Not opened in FC in a while, fair enough. Have changed.
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 06-27-2023, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X