This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamzaislad View Post
    Hi, great game once again, loving it so far!

I just wanted to give some recoomendations for changes in abilities for some Pakistan players.

Increase ability for Asif Ali , been a revelation for the Pakistani side. Improved.
    Increase batting ability for Shadab Khan, averaging less than 20 for me in all formats. Improved.
    Increase ability for Shaheen Shah Afridi, on of the best bowling talents in the world and now a regular in our t20 side but he cant get a game for even his domestic side. Improved
    Increase ability for Fakhar Zaman, hes good in game but I think he should be better looking at his international averages. Should also be SLA rather than LM. I think his ability is about right, have changed to SLA.
    Decrease ability for Ahmed Shehzad, is way too good in the game. Decreased.
    Decrease ability for Aamer Yamin, way too good in game for someone who cant get into the first 11 of the worst team in the PSL. Decreased

Thanks.
    Thanks for your feedback, please see my notes in bold above.

Comment

Hasan Ali is RHB

Changed.

Also I feel I should campaign a bit more for Finnie to be an allrounder. He was NZU19 captain picked primarily for his offspin but seems to have developed his batting also. Being a young spinner in NZ can be tough!

In First Class cricket he isn't bowling, which is a higher standard than Int U19s.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 08-01-2018, 04:32 PM.
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

Australia:
        D’arcy Short needs his batting and bowling ability decreased. In the game he keeps picking up regular wickets and bowls 20 odd overs in an innings for Western Australia. His batting ability could do with a decrease as well i feel.

Tweaked his batting down, but his bowling ability looks fine.

Billy stanlake could do with a slight increase in his bowling as in the game he dosent seem to be getting picked all that much by Queensland.

Improved.

England:
        Moeen Ali’s batting could do with a increase i feel.

Looks bang on for Moeen.

Dom Bess’s bowling needs a decrease, he keeps getting picked regularly for England in the test and odi side.

We're tweaking Bess, as he looks like he's now out of favour with England.

Will Jacks batting needs a slight increase.

Until he's done more at domestic level, don't agree, his batting ability isn't bad atm.

Last edited by Sureshot; 08-01-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I haven't used these players yet and perhaps the odd one is just having good/bad form but the AI are batting Kohli at 7 in the test team and he's averaging low 20's in both ODI and test match cricket but 60+ in T20's over 20 games.

Bairstow is averaging mid 20's in all 3 formats with a really pedestrian strike rate of 80 in ODI's and Dom Bess is currently #1 in the World rankings?

Moeen Ali and David Willey haven't been selected for a single International game all year which seems incredibly unfair, especially when they are both key parts of the #1 ODI side and both of them are doing incredibly average at CC level in the game for me too. I know he has only just started breaking through but Jonny Tattersall's 5 star form for Yorkshire had his highest score of 30... I would expect number 11's to have batting scores similar with 5* form. Harry Brook is another who looks International bound but he doesn't feel viable from what I've seen despite me making beyond efforts to get him working.

Also something that is really beginning to annoy me about this game is the broken transfer system regarding player availability. I signed Kuldeep Yadav to play for Yorkshire in the t20 games, and despite making it to the semi finals he wasn't available for a SINGLE game the entire season yet I'm paying him around 30k? Why is he even available to me, I can't even check the calendar from the transfer screen to see who's playing during the CC season so am I just supposed to operate in blind faith? Also the IPL YES/NO section is wrong almost 100% of the time, it's quite amazing how poorly that bit is done.

India
          Vastly increase Kohli's ability in ODI + test cricket, we are talking about the best batsman in the World being used as a #7

Kohli's issues were fixed by some changes Chris made in the last update. THere's nothing wrong with Kohli's ability, so that won't be changed.

England
          Decrease Dom Bess' abilities, he has only just begun to break into the scene Changed.
          Increase Moeen Ali's batting and bowling accuracy. Don't agree with either, his batting ability is about right, as for bowling, well, based on his winter, we probably have him too good.
          Increase Eoin Morgan's batting ability - similar to Kohli every year he is just a shadow of his IRL self in this game Eoin Morgan is not a consistent cricketer, he has one good year, one average year. He's nowhere near Kohli in terms of ability. I've tweaked him slightly, to improve his batting.
          Slight Increase on ability for Harry Brook + Jonny Tattersall In their young careers, don't see either having done enough to warrant any changes in their ability.
          Slight decrease on Alistair Cook, he is one of the best batsmen in the game which seems very silly now. His ability in game this year is lower than it was last year, his ability is about right.
          Increase Bairstow's ODI strike rate, he should be one of the most attacking players in the game in this format He's currently very aggressive.

Last edited by Sureshot; 08-01-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I think Alistair Cook should be a leg side play, not off side!
            Also Tom Westley probably wants strong leg side preference

For me, Cook is always looking for that cut behind square. With some of his bizarre leg-side dismissals to spinners, not sure leg side is a preference (though he can be strong with it and he's strong with anything off his back foot).
            Last edited by Sureshot; 08-01-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

probably not the thread for this but does pace affect short or full pitching? Can a medium pacer, or spinner, bowl well with a short length in the game? Am I getting too focused on real life?

Comment

- Shafiqullah Shafiq (Afghanistan) is listed as "Shafiqullah Shinwari" for some reason. Just how we have his name, please feel free to edit names as you please with the editing pencil (top right of screen).
                - Shiv Chanderpaul should be able to be selected for the West Indies as a retired player in ATG mode. This is doable in latest update.
                - Eoin Morgan should be able to be selected for Ireland as a retired player in ATG mode. Won't be possible for CC18.
                - Mlueki Nkala was primary a bowler, in game is is listed as a batsman. Actually listed as an all-rounder, which I think is fair based on him mostly batting at 7 and 8, had a decent FC record.
                - George Giffen was a medium pace bowler, however in game he is listed as a spin bower. My research suggests he bowled off-spin at medium pace.
                - Jack Saunders played for Australia, not NZ. Changed.
                - Richard Hadlee doesn't really need that "Sir" in front of his name, does he? None of the other knighted cricketers are listed in this way. Just how our data is, like top, probably best to edit as you see fit.
                - Srinivas Venkataraghavan is listed as "Venkat Venkat" See above.
                Last edited by Sureshot; 08-01-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I'm sick of getting bowled out due to Bess, please decrease his ability! (although I should have a game as England before the next update ;))

He's being tweaked for next version.

Rovman Powell should be an all rounder and RFM Changed to RFM, think he'll stay as part-time bowler. Bowls more in OD than anything else, but mostly does so at #6.

Aiden Billzard should be retired Well seen, removed him from the game as he's not played internationals.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 08-01-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dan!

Might it also be possible to get Eoin Morgan as a retired Irish player in ATG mode?

Comment

Originally posted by jle101 View Post
                      Thanks Dan!

Might it also be possible to get Eoin Morgan as a retired Irish player in ATG mode?
                      Unfortunately players can only be listed as playing for one country and as Morgan currently plays for England he will be considered English. Players only have 1 entry in the game database. ATGs who did play for 2 countries have to be selected for just 1 normally the last. It did lead to some cases like Nantie Hayward initially being listed as Irish (he did play 5 limited overs games for them in 2007) where he played most games for South Africa. As he is retired that could be changed.

Comment

Gary Ballance strong front foot preference? Seriously? He doesn't have a front foot! Strong, strong back foot preference surely?

Changed to back foot.
                        Last edited by Sureshot; 08-01-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post

Considering it just happened again I do not think that you did, so apologies for the false accusation.
                          Haha no worries man.

Comment

Apologies if I’ve missed this, but are updates made to the iOS version?

Anyway, some notes/suggestions if there is an update:

Ben slater too good - top run scorer in country 1st 2 seasons

Max Holden in England sides from 1st season - maybe in 6 or 7 seasons in but he’s just making his way in FC cricket

M Parkinson too good

Amar Virdi not good enough (discussed as possible spinner for England already)

Darcy short way too good - averaging 55+ in all formats. He’s a fridge first class player at home for WA (though decent in short forms). Real life FC stats - 9 matches, average 21 with the bat and 34 with the ball. Really has only had that too big bash campaign this year otherwise he’s been ordinary. Looked pretty out of his depth in England and a bit in the IPL.

Ben McDermott part time keeper and way too good. Jake Doran more likely to be as good in real life as McDermott on this game.

Alex Carey needs to be better - no contest Australia’s next keeper after Paine. Aggressive batsman.

Bell/Kelly too good - both fringe 1st players in Australia

Stanlake RF & better - Ponting suggests he could be an all time great. Has been in cotton wool

Dan Fallins right arm LS

Ashton Agar aggressive

Shaun Marsh average aggression

Matt Renshaw average aggression

Ben Howell & Bopara in England squads. Howell opener in FC

M Marsh RMF

Dan Worrall RMF

Chadd Sayers basically FC only - no short form gigs

Zampa is too good in the game- Swepson better. Jon Holland 2nd choice test spinner

Kohli needs to be better

Rabada & Ndigi gone by 3rd year from SA squad - shouldn’t happen

Asad Shafiq FC 4 not 6

Shai Hope average, Shane Dowrich defensive

Kyle Abbott should be one of the better bowlers despite being Kolpak

Jake Ball RMF

Keaton Jennings way too good - No 1 test bat in world in the 3rd season

M Critchley bowing needs slight improvement - high hopes for his leg spin

Upul Tharanga has taken 12 months off tests

Shezhad from Pak done for drugs again - will have a long suspension

Jamie Porter RFM

Tom Latham average aggression

Will Pukovski average aggression

Jake Weatherald aggressive

Jason Holder aggressive

Chandimal from SL is quality - just about their only test standard player so needs to be better, not in squads after first year or 2

5 of English test side is made up players by the 3rd season & 11/18 in OD squad - maybe look at restricting when new players come in to international sides for about 5 seasons (at least in the major countries)?

South Africa have 10 opening bats in their squad by year 3 - often they struggle for 2!

M Abbas from Pakistan looked pretty outstanding as a test bowler during their tour

Tom Curran RMF

Moeen still a good ODI cricketer - never really selected in the game

Mason Crane probably needs to be made a bit better - will be in the frame for short forms at least when fit

Dom Bess obviously too good

Joe Burns a bit too good - unlikely to play a lot going forward I don’t think for Australia

Eoin Morgan played a couple of tests - unlikely
                            Last edited by AndreM; 07-21-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                              Australia:
                              D’arcy Short needs his batting and bowling ability decreased. In the game he keeps picking up regular wickets and bowls 20 odd overs in an innings for Western Australia. His batting ability could do with a decrease as well i feel.
                              Billy stanlake could do with a slight increase in his bowling as in the game he dosent seem to be getting picked all that much by Queensland.
                              I tend to disagree, D’Arcy Short seems fine ability-wise. His batting is definitely spot on, I’m sure he’ll excel even more in the longer formats this year, and in reality he does take regular wickets in Shield cricket, he is a genuine allrounder, and his bowling ability is often overlooked. We’ll give Stanlake an upgrade, I agree on that point.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Comment

Just loaded the game with Pakistan.

Umar Gul and Zulfiqar Babar should be nowhere near the initial squad lol

Faheem Ashraf bowling should be tweaked very slightly ( he isn't as bad as he appears in game)

AI isn't selecting Gul and Babar for me. Ashraf's rating is fine in-game, please use a good 2 years of in-game data as a reference points for abilities.
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 08-02-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X