No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's still things that are needed in the game which have been overlooked since ICC2001

Comment

Long time player, first time posting here.

I've got to say, it stung a little seeing that almost every country had domestic cricket in CC2017 except for Sri Lanka. Full member, 6th ranked test nation, pretty vast domestic circuit but still no option. Meanwhile, the 8th ranked West Indies and 9th ranked Bangladesh have domestic careers. No hate to those teams. I'm currently playing with Bangladesh so I love the options available, But please have an option to play Sri Lankan domestic as well in the next version. I can't see a reason as to why they were omitted. I know many people who would be keen to play it.

Other than that, I would love an option to switch teams within the same career. I've always loved the idea of jumping ship to another team, and then facing off against the team I once captained with players I helped develop. It wouldn't make much sense in International cricket, but I would still love the option.

Comment

Fix the problem with too many batsmen falling in the 90s. Sure it happens in real life, but it happens unrealistically too often in the county competitions in this game.
        Last edited by CricketFan; 03-16-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I am not much interested in the video highlights section of this game. Its acceptable. But I would love to see the following features in 2018 edition;

1. Man of the series feature.
          2. A very aggressive player of high quality should be able to hit maximum of 10 sixes in a match, means more sixes in the game.
          3. A T20I series should have 3 games at least.
          4. Fastest hundreds and fifties statistics should be added.
          5. A player's record/statistics as a captain feature.
          6. There should be an option to retire players or restrict them to certain formats or something like this.
          7. A recently used field setting shouldn't change to default one after saving and exiting the game, after resuming a match the field should be as it was previously set by the user.

Comment

I would like to see the addition of overseas players made available more during the season rather than just at the beginning of the English season, as they are in reality. I also agree about the A squad or Lions team being available. also what about the women's internationals being added.

Kent is my side

Comment

I think there are perhaps a few game engine tweaks needed as well. The game plays amazingly close to reality in general, but I find a tendancy toward unrealistic scores in the 4th innings in tests and 4 day games, and in shorter-form games the importance of batting yourself in seems too great (new batsmen have too much trouble hitting boundaries early in their innings, and high aggression early in an innings results in wickets falling too quickly, IMHO). I think slightly improved modelling of injuries might be needed to - to reflect the propensity for fast bowlers to get injured more than batsmen.

More generally, I'm a fan of adding more customisation to the game - settings available to the player to tweak injury rates and that sort of thing, franchise income, etc. I'd also love to see some more franchise development stuff that you see in other sports management games. Things like selecting your coaching team, upgrading your training facilities, upgrading your match venue, etc.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Originally posted by Lankanator View Post
                Long time player, first time posting here.

I've got to say, it stung a little seeing that almost every country had domestic cricket in CC2017 except for Sri Lanka. Full member, 6th ranked test nation, pretty vast domestic circuit but still no option. Meanwhile, the 8th ranked West Indies and 9th ranked Bangladesh have domestic careers. No hate to those teams. I'm currently playing with Bangladesh so I love the options available, But please have an option to play Sri Lankan domestic as well in the next version. I can't see a reason as to why they were omitted. I know many people who would be keen to play it.

Other than that, I would love an option to switch teams within the same career. I've always loved the idea of jumping ship to another team, and then facing off against the team I once captained with players I helped develop. It wouldn't make much sense in International cricket, but I would still love the option.
                We picked West Indies and Bangladesh 20 over last year due to user demand. We're looking at the remaining domestic systems not currently in the game (Sri Lanka, Zim, Ban full and Ireland/Afghanistan). Some systems are far more complicated than others to implement, and we only have so much resources to spend on the game, but we're nearing our goal of every full nations domestic system in the game.

Comment

Add full domestic leagues (fc/od/t20) for Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Ireland Ill definitely upgrade to the new version. Need new challenges....

Comment

Hey guys, been playing the game for roughly 18 or so editions now so I hope we can have a discussion on some things I think could be improved in the future.

Injuries - I know it's easy to write on paper but I think a total revamp would be beneficial. The variety of injuries is very limited, I personally don't think they occur frequently enough and they also need to happen more naturally (eg not just being hit by a ball or during sim days) I'm talking pinging a calf while fielding, maybe being unwell on an overseas tour, maybe even a match warm up injury. My last two saves have been beyond the third year mark and not once have I had to select a squad with a single injury in mind. I'm just not sure it's realistic.

You could maybe have younger quicks more susceptible to stress fractures and the like while a 33 year old batsman might pop a calf or a hamstring a bit more regularly. Those freak ACL's everyone dreads - Sure they aren't a nice thing but they are a reality. I feel like injuries are a great test of your ability as a player to plan for these sorts of incidents and execute that plan when it's needed.

Replacement players for squads - An absolute must going forward in my opinion. Squad sizes are limited as is and I rarely select a reserve keeper or reserve spinner in the shorter forms. The ability to fill holes on a needs basis would be a great addition.

A players scout report - Now, before you go down that path, I'm not talking a Football Manager like scout report where you have so much information readily available, but I wouldn't mind knowing if a regen batsman prefers to bat at 3 or 5 or if a new quick bowler would rather bowl first change. I feel like no coach out there would select any new player without knowing at least this sort of information about him. Maybe these details could even morph and mould as his career goes on.

Originally posted by estmsm View Post
                    I am not much interested in the video highlights section of this game. Its acceptable. But I would love to see the following features in 2018 edition;

1. Man of the series feature.
                    6. There should be an option to retire players or restrict them to certain formats or something like this.
                    7. A recently used field setting shouldn't change to default one after saving and exiting the game, after resuming a match the field should be as it was previously set by the user.
                    Also I think these are very valid points. You could maybe even incorporate major medal ceremonies (ICC awards, AB Medal etc) at the completion of each season with a seperate record being created to keep tabs on this sort of information. I have a seperate spreadsheet for this stuff setup so it would be great to see it incorporated into the actual game.

Edit - Further to this last point, I also keep entire records for players earning their Test/ ODI/ T20 caps. Would something like that which would update automatically be something that could be implemented?
                    Last edited by Rumblah; 01-24-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks Rumblah, I strongly agree with your points about injuries. Managing a squad when injuries strike is one of the really interesting challenges in the game I think

Comment

So I went to edit that post sometime yesterday and now it's disappeared. Mods pls help.

Comment

Hi. Been playing Cricket Captain for a number of years now, so keep up the great work.

In CC2018 could slow left-arm unorthodox (chinaman)/left-arm wrist spin be introduced as a type of bowling (its abbreviation could be SLU/SLC). Currently, bowlers such as Tabraiz Shamsi, Kuldeep Yadav and Brad Hogg all are listed and play as left-arm orthodox bowlers. The animations for left-arm unorthodox bowlingalready exist in the game as regens who bat left handed and listed as bowling leg spin bowl left-arm wrist spin (as regens always bowl with the same hand as they bat, which I'm not sure is possible to change for future versions). This means hopefully this would not be too hard of a fix.

Also, could some of the fixtures do with a revamp. I know international fixtures are only known for a few years in advance, so the fixtures reset after the 2020/21 season (which inadvertently means the Ashes are played in England right after each other in 2019 and 2021), but could those future fixtures be made in such a way that every major country is played roughly evenly. For example, for Australia it takes over ten years (to around the 2028/29 season) to play New Zealand, which they then play about four or five series against them in the next five years, but then don't play them again for about fifteen years as the fixture repeats itself in a twenty year cycle, leaving a generation of players not to play NZ. Meanwhile it seems like every second year Australia play the West Indies in a series or two. Australia also never play a home T20I series against Zimbabwe, making it impossible to gain ranking points from that fixture.

Comment

Originally posted by Seige531 View Post
                            Hi. Been playing Cricket Captain for a number of years now, so keep up the great work.

In CC2018 could slow left-arm unorthodox (chinaman)/left-arm wrist spin be introduced as a type of bowling (its abbreviation could be SLU/SLC). Currently, bowlers such as Tabraiz Shamsi, Kuldeep Yadav and Brad Hogg all are listed and play as left-arm orthodox bowlers. The animations for left-arm unorthodox bowlingalready exist in the game as regens who bat left handed and listed as bowling leg spin bowl left-arm wrist spin (as regens always bowl with the same hand as they bat, which I'm not sure is possible to change for future versions). This means hopefully this would not be too hard of a fix.

Also, could some of the fixtures do with a revamp. I know international fixtures are only known for a few years in advance, so the fixtures reset after the 2020/21 season (which inadvertently means the Ashes are played in England right after each other in 2019 and 2021), but could those future fixtures be made in such a way that every major country is played roughly evenly. For example, for Australia it takes over ten years (to around the 2028/29 season) to play New Zealand, which they then play about four or five series against them in the next five years, but then don't play them again for about fifteen years as the fixture repeats itself in a twenty year cycle, leaving a generation of players not to play NZ. Meanwhile it seems like every second year Australia play the West Indies in a series or two. Australia also never play a home T20I series against Zimbabwe, making it impossible to gain ranking points from that fixture.
                            You can try my edited schedule in this thread.

Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Hi all, Player since 2002 here. Just some points to make this game for me (and hopefully others) an everyday must-play: - DRS: You should have the option to intervene at the point after celebration and before replays. Sometimes it just looks blatantly not out. - Editor: The narcissist in me wants to put myself in a team somewhere or create my own XI, or touch up players who are not realistic in-game or just for pure enjoyment, to beef up some others. Some people play for the realism, some just want to have a whack and play a fun scenario, realistic or not. One of my fav memories was EA's Cricket 2002 where thanks to a full-on editor by some genius, you could do what I have mentioned. In fact, I would pay for that if it was an in-game unlockable option - The difficulty modes should be more contrasting - The left arm wrist spin issue - The true sloggers who can score many sixes - Increased ball speed, maybe even a speed measurement too for realism - More randomised fielding - Twenty20 crowds could be more lively like real-life - less instances of risky singles but more mixups/dives like real life would be great - A pink-ball match under lights with a ball that is more bowler friendly would be cool I feel like the last few years the game has stagnated and I think for the developers, like Football Manager on the iOS, if you allow an option like unlimited coach/physio, in-game editor, the ability to play a world tournament whenever you want, a classics XI team etc for a small fee from $2-$10AUD, could also bring more in-come for the casual gamers too.

Comment

Guys, what the hell am I reading here? Why are you asking to add more fluff to the game, without adding any more substance. The most important part of the game is making choices and seeing the game respond to those choices. Adding more players or stats is good, but it's not something which would make the game fundamentally better. It's lazy as well. Add a couple more leagues, a couple more stat tables - done! Cricket Captain 2018, let the money pour in. I haven't noticed a single change to the actual game mechanics since I started playing 3 years ago. I purchased CC2017 and was thoroughly disappointed to see pretty much exactly the same game I had to rage-quit a few years back. It was OK n years ago as an up and coming new game, but how long will developers simply keep adding more data to the database instead of actually improving the gameplay? Now, to the point. There is just too little you can do in this game. Extremely little. Management is limited to selecting players (and there is not much to base this selection on). In-game bowling is quite basic and after adjusting default field settings a little bit, I just keep bowling same ball over and over, because I haven't noticed any difference when tweaking deliveries. Batting involvement is pretty much non-existent, let's be honest. As a result, in-game all you do is stupidly click "play over" adjusting one or two things every now and then. It gets tedious very quickly. And I'm not even mentioning bugs which have been there for years, like scoring boundaries (or skyhitting the ball, or getting run out) when on 0 aggression, and complete inability of bowlers to bat. Look at what guys making Cricket Coach did. They don't have 3D graphics (and whole lot of other problems), but the number of tweaks you can do in-game is simply awesome. Create all kinds of options for bowlers, create bowling patterns fast-fast-slow etc. to trick batsmen. Make me want to change the field for each of those deliveries. Same for batsmen - where do you want to place shots, which kinds of balls do you want to attack, make AI change the field accordingly as well, so that you have to adjust. Do something to make the game more than constant click-click-click... Yes, I know it's hard. But is it too much to expect at least some change in game mechanics once a year? As of now, CC 2017 is NOT a new game, and shouldn't be advertised as such. It's just a database extension with a couple of patches.

Comment

Working...
                                X